What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Curled leaves on Blue dream coco grow

THE_SURGEON

Well I hate to be at this point but here i am. I am 6 days into flowering with blue dream in canna coco and i am having leaf curl issues. Before you say oh its PH issues or N overdose ive already fixed those issues. First off I have had these issues since the first day of flower and have been running a 5.8 to 5.9 ph with a max drift going to around 6.2 which was corrected fast. The N situation I flushed my plants 4 days ago to the point of a less than 90ppm run off and i am currently at a 750ppm solution. I am using GH products and using a lucas formula type feeding with cal-mag and drip clean.

So now that ive got consistant PH and Flushed COCO with a low ppm, where do I go from here? Also my room temp is about 73 deg with the light on and humidity is not an issue.

Please Help because ive never had such a problem with growing and have hit a brick wall.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

Cptn

Looks like a mild case of hot nutes.
Damaged leaves are not going to "heal" after you fix what caused them.
Look for the effect of your changes in the new growth which to me looks healthy.

THE_SURGEON

Looks like a mild case of hot nutes.
Damaged leaves are not going to "heal" after you fix what caused them.
Look for the effect of your changes in the new growth which to me looks healthy.

Im less than half strength right now and also the curling is slowly creeping to the top branchs. Also I have no burning or discoloring on any leaves and thats what is causing my confusion. i will be flushing again tomorrow to see is it helps.

Adrift

Veteran
ya i agree with cptn, looks like they got to much food! sounds like you have eased back and the newer growth does look to be fine... keep the nutes a tad lower and you should be fine!

THE_SURGEON

well ill drop the ppms for sure. The new growth has never been hurt it has started curling on the older/larger leaves and is slowly working its way up.

I would raise the temps up to around 78 degrees. How close are the lights? I also think over nuting a bit, and you say Humidity isn't an issue but it could be too low, what's the reading?

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
From looking at your pics it looks like your giving your plants too much Nitrogen, lower the N and they will pick up again, a flush first would speed things up.

PS, what is that Blue Dream like, I've heard great things so far.

HGO

THE_SURGEON

Ok the nutriants were raised going into flower to 900 from 750 which they were super happy at so I assumed the N overdose was the culprit so I flushed and lowered the N level by a lot so here I am sitting at a level of nutrient strength the loved when they were half the size with lower N levels and have not seen any change. I'm considering a lock out due to a Ph rise right before this problem started. Are there any other ideas than A nutrient overdoes?

THE_SURGEON

The temp can't be raised unless I turn off my fan than I would not have air circulation in the room. Humidity was higher around 70% and I thought that was a problem so I go it lowered to 55%.

If you are in flower, with ppm's remaining constant, and the coco is flushed of residual salts and nutes, then as the plants kick off into flower their nutrient needs are going to rise, and as the nutes are used the pH will rise in the media. Lower the nutrient pH to 5.5 so it can drift to the 5.8 sweet spot in between each watering in the media.

A cheaper option than fan controller is a $10 timer with the fan on 15 mins/off 15 mins. You mentioned humidity being 70% and lowered to 55%. Its not the humidity - through veg and through the end of week 5 flower, humidity equal to or in the range of the room temp will be best for healthy transpiration levels.

THE_SURGEON

If you are in flower, with ppm's remaining constant, and the coco is flushed of residual salts and nutes, then as the plants kick off into flower their nutrient needs are going to rise, and as the nutes are used the pH will rise in the media. Lower the nutrient pH to 5.5 so it can drift to the 5.8 sweet spot in between each watering in the media.

A cheaper option than fan controller is a $10 timer with the fan on 15 mins/off 15 mins. You mentioned humidity being 70% and lowered to 55%. Its not the humidity - through veg and through the end of week 5 flower, humidity equal to or in the range of the room temp will be best for healthy transpiration levels.

My thinking was similar with the nutrient levels cause generally they would need more as you move forward into flower. There lies my question with lockout?? So I have two options (1) leave nutriants the same and let the plants balance themselves out now that the PH is consistent. Or option (2) flush and lower levels until the plants start asking for more.

Green lung

Veteran
Looks to be to much N.

I've never grown blue dream but I have noticed that most of my thin leaf Sats are nute sensitive

THE_SURGEON

Everything is looking great after letting the pots dry and reduced watering schedule by 2 min a day plus only gave straight water with 5.8ph. From here they now have a mix with only bloom and calmag at low dose of course we will only see good things. Thanks for all the advice.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
what exactly are you asking for?

your leaves will never uncurl if thats the solution you're looking for. just make sure no more curl and you will be fine.

THE_SURGEON

what exactly are you asking for?

your leaves will never uncurl if thats the solution you're looking for. just make sure no more curl and you will be fine.

I'm not retarded man!! I was asking for advice cause I couldn't find a solution and leaves kept curling and I think everyone understands once there is damage to a leaf it can not be fixed. Read a little closer next time.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
no one said you were retarded, and i read this whole thread before replying, im still at a loss for what you are looking for. you should try asking some questions. all you did was tell everyone you had nitrogen overdose, which you fixed and everything is NORMAL, then you ask for advice. ADVICE ON WHAT? YOU SAID IT WAS ALL FIXED.

if the leaves are still curling then obviously you didn't fix it which i said in my first reply. keep watching to make sure no more leaves curl. leaves still curling = STILL TOO MUCH NITROGEN Duh!