What's new

Curing: Jars vs Baggies .. ??

NoRest

Love this Thread!

The snopes articles only talks about H2O in plastic btls and only freezing them at that and if you read what their "Scientist" says He add a "as far as I know" which is quite a disclaimer.

Turkey Bags are made of nylon not plastic and I agree if your moving wt. than it is easier to cure and/or store in T-Bags. By the theres a True Liberty Turkey bag company in northern Cali that dose them in 10 pk, 25pk and 100pks. And will sell 500 for $275 and 5000 for $2500. Thats $.50 a Bag.

Now just cuz something is easy it doesnt make it best. Glass is the ONLY way to cure for a smooth smoke. If you use the 1 gallon "Bar Jars" the one that cherries and pickles and peppers come in you can fit a 1/2 to 3/4 pd of dense nugs in them. The larger 3 galllon pickle jar will fit 1 1/2 or more but its harder to get the RH% to 60~65% which is ideal to smoke.

Yes once the bud is close to 60% I seal the jar and try not to open it for at least a week. I saw a product at The THC fest in LA a pack that you put in the jar with the bud that maintains whatever RH% you want ie if its too high it will dry the air or if too dry it will add moisture. cant recall the name right now.

Ok anicdotal evidence of violet glasses superiority a friend told me this story about our jars. "A famous marijuana band from LV came to CA to buy some smoke but could only find some platinum Kush that they thought wasnt that great but they got it anyways. My friend who helped broker got 1 oz as a bonus so he put it away in one of our ounce jars I had recently given him. After three weeks he ran into the band members again and smoke that same Platinum Kush with them. After the first joint they all ask if he could hook them up with a lb of the "new" platinum kush cuase it was the bomb. They almost wouldnt believe it was the same stuff they had bought 3 weeks prior."

Anyways Thank HR Puffinkush for the plug.

I have buds cured for over 6 monthes that are just hitting their sweet spot. Cure on my brethern.

~Pirate
P.S. i can hook any one up with Turkey bags cheap. pm or email me

Last edited:

twrex

Would you mind posting about your results with them over here as well? They have been brought up a number of times there but it doesn't seem like anyone has fully finished a cure with them yet. It would be great to have all that info together.

Kushy

Some of the best jars ive found is at bed bath and beyond. Check these out they are fantasic. Biggest they have is 2 1/2 gallon. Big lid to reach your hand in. I got the 1 1/2 gallon and it hold around 6 ounces the big ones probably hold around 10. I bought mine for 12.99. Bigger ones maybe 16.99..

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=14618040
picture.php