What's new

Corpsey's Vert Organic Fun Time

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well i didn't notice how far down the second level was till i looked at these pictures, ill bring it up a lil' this weekend.

i just measured the distance from the plants to the upper bulb and its about 17-20 inches, looks like more then that from the pics.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bumped the 2nd shelf up....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

looking like it will be a over grown christmas in july!

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
homers buckets get used for all types of things around here. got a DIY bokashi bucket i built out of 2.

i don't have trouble to getting to most in the back except for the one on the bottom middle. i love the two side doors/flaps for access. but even then it just take me leaning over a little further.

thanks ironcell, it will get exciting from here on out.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks maj. just whipped up a second batch so i can rotate them between cycles.

it seems it did pay off, with the exception of the key crosses. sensitive little buggers with chem91 genetics. they are growing well, but we will see the real test once they are in full flower (hermies).

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
it seems it did pay off, with the exception of the key crosses. sensitive little buggers with chem91 genetics. they are growing well, but we will see the real test once they are in full flower (hermies).

So are you implying that nute's can play a roll in a strain going hermi? Or is the "Chem91" comment a hint towards that genetic being unstable?

Sorry for the 20 questions game, just trying to see if there's any chance I can bring some strains that will only flower clean outside (hermie free) into the land of indoor growing, where it's been SheMales showing off in week 3 of bloom! :mad:

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, a very sensitive strain can throw some pollen sacks if its stressed in any way. over feeding, repeated over watering, high heat, in addition to any small light leak.

The key(chem91 genes) is a cross you have to watch, but it seems to share this trait with other great plants so its worth it. i have gotten a few pollen sacks that were sterile on this plant(no pollen inside) lower down on the plant, which could be very discouraging to some people but as long as you know your environment and plants you should be good.

so you have a plant that does fine outside but once inside in early bloom it is triggered to herm?
check every nook and cranny in your room, stand in your room for 10 mins with the lights off so your eyes adjust and if you see anything seal it up.
check power strips and other electronics, some people believe the red switch light is powerful enough to trip a plant up. i'd rather be safe then sorry.

C

Chris1

hey man I just got my dr150 set up, gonna run a similar set up to yours. Looks good, is this your first vert run out of this tent?

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very good sir!

yea a lot of firsts. first vert, first tent, first with this soil mix, first time with this much wattage, first time with containers this big.

but everything is rolling on the way it should be.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I've read into but don't really believe the "light bleed" theory, my GDP opens up fully viable pollen sacks in week 3 indoors where there's not a pinhole of light bleed. but outside where the moon lights it up well enough to check trich development at midnight, and where theres half a dozen street lights within a hundred yards everything is fine.

Environmentally, Inside temps stay pretty consistent +/- 13* (could bring that in line with some cooled hoods and will in due time,) same with humidity+/- 15%, there's always just a light breeze, water is always 6.0, same with feedings, very stable.

Outside? 40* fluctuations in temps Colorado humididty 3-15% is pretty normal, winds ranging from none to gale force, inbound water from rain, overspray from the sprinklers and actual feedings and waterings so PH is all over the board.....

Outside she's fine. Inside she trips up?

Not doggin or doubting your experience with the strains you've been playing with, just wondering why a plant would perform so well in such a harsh environment, while the same cut goes nuts out in a much more pampered life. :frown:

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very bizarre. have not heard of any issues with GDP too.

is this the only strain that does this for you inside?

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Well, it came to me as a clone from a dispensary labeled GDP. No it's not the only strain to go hermi, my seed grown DJ short Vanniluna will spring nanners a couple day's before harvest.

It is however the only strain that I've got that throws full on male flowers on an otherwise female plant.

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
very bizarre. have not heard of any issues with GDP too.

is this the only strain that does this for you inside?

If I may, add my :2cents: .

canniwhatsis is right, I used to grow GDP's and them damn
things would throw nanners gaylor if I stressed them even a
little bit, I pulled a pheno out after some serious searching
but even then, she was touché, I lost her when I had to shut
things down for a bit, I have more beans, just not the desire
to go through all that again, hope ya have better luck with yours !
+10 for name'n all your plants, I find it absurd, and unnecessary and
I'm going to go name all mine now too, way to roll......... I like it !

peace :ying:

Last edited:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
If I may, add my :2cents: .

canniwhatsis is right, I used to grow GDP's and them damn
things would throw nanners gaylor if I stressed them even a
little bit, I pulled a pheno out after some serious searching
but even then, she was touché, I lost her when I had to shut
things down for a bit, I have more beans, just not the desire
to go through all that again, hope ya have better luck with yours !

ACK!!!! :eek:: this has turned into a bit of a threadjack,..... not sure how that's taken here,.... (I'm also on a NON MMJ related site that threadjacks are pretty much the norm :bump: )

None the less, again sorry for the 20 questions,.....

Just looking to pick other growers brains on this thought, and it seemed like you might have more insite into another avenue that I've not yet explored to stabilize this girl inside.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
+10 for name'n all your plants, I find it absurd, and unnecessary and
I'm going to go name all mine now too, way to roll......... I like it !

i do what i can, when i can. nothing like some madness to start the day.

I had no idea that gdp caused such issues. I have some GDP x sour bubblegum seeds and i'll take extra precautions with them now that you two have brought that up.

i dont care about the thread jack. if you guys have questions i would love to try to help with my limited experience, but my undying passion for knowledge never lets that get in the way.

Wish i could give you more of answer but if a plant of mine herms, its either to the compost bin or if its only a couple sacks on the bottom pluck them and keep an eye on it to make sure they dont come back. I know some people might use dutch master "reverse". i have not used it.

D

dramamine

Nice setup, corpsey...lookin good. My garden's real similar and maybe the trickiest part is running different strains, as far as stretch and stuff. Looks like you know these strains to good degree, though, and that helps alot. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts