What's new

Cops Rock!

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
The problem is they are imperect people policing imperfect people.

Cops are just another segment of our society. Prone to all the travails that life has to offer just as we are. Most cops I've met have been decent, but I wouldn't trust them with anything.

One of my favorite memories was the '92 lollapalooza concert in the twin cities. Ice T sang his famous song "Cop Killer." I remember when he got to the fuck the police part of the song and 25,000 fans started yelling "Fuck the police" and pointing to about 20 cops lines up against a chain link fence. That was classic.

FUCK THE POLICE

GreatLakes THC :joint:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the only good cop is the one who changes sides, the one who realizes the evil of the war on drug users and their families and works against said war.

having said that, we have law abiding cops here in Switz. they don't mistreat you, normally, specially not when it's regarding non violent infractions. they are polite and open to discussion. if you are polite they will be too, but even if you lose your cool, they are trained to deescalate situations when ever possible. i used to think how bad it was over here compared to England and the US, as we have to register where we live. but now i thank my lucky stars i'm not living in US or England anymore. when you research the police behavior in these countries you find example after example of total corruption and evil. the police in those countries can be seen in the crime shows, they act like they think they are gods and all the citizens are less then dirt beneath their feet. they use tazers, jail and fines like the pharaohs of old used the whip and the axe and if that's how they behave on tv you know it's much worse in reality and the truth of that can be found on you tube. maybe the smaller cities in the US aren't that bad yet. but for the most part the militarization of police forces nation wide is being financed by the feds, so even small police forces have their own masked swat teams etc now.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Americas gift to the world... Drug laws and militarized police states.

It's sad.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

RetroGrow

Veteran
Cops are in the "business" of locking us up and stealing our stuff. Anyone who supports them has obviously never been in the criminal "justice" system. A significant percentage of them really are power tripping pigs with a lack of education, who enjoy having power over others and abusing that power. That there are some "good" cops does not mitigate the underlying issue that they are against "us", and will go to great lengths to destroy our lives. This is a police state, and they are the state's goons, and we are their enemies. I have seen so much abuse by police in my lifetime, that it negates any positive view I might have of the so called "good" cops. They are all members of the same fraternity, and that fraternity is out to get us.
I see them as the enemy.

O

Ontariostoner

Serpico was a good leo - and the last good one I ever heard of.

A good leo is the one that stands up and sez, "This leo and that leo are bad because they lie, and break the law. They abuse their power, and physically assault people, and steal from them".

I've only ever heard of one like that - there may be others, but they were probably killed by their "brothers in blue".

Serpico was a good leo - all the rest suck cawk.

Old Ways

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) is an organization of retired law enforcement officers and judges who understand that the 'war on drugs' is not working.. Check them out on YouTube, and toss them a few bucks to support their cause, if you think it matters. Here's a link to show what they're about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LayaGk0TMDc

Make up your own mind, if it makes sense.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
these threads and many of the people who voice opinions make me laugh sooooo hard! funny funny stuff.funny funny people.....i have been in the system, and i know how mind spinningly enraging it can be....(the following is just ONE example)i remember one time i got picked up w a bro and the cops put us in a , well, basically, a glass room...i was in there, drunk, spouting off about my rights and fuckin pigs and all that shit, and this one cop came over and fiddled w something on the wall. couldnt tell what it was at first, but as the rooms temperature started to raise, i figured it out...once it was well over a hundred degrees in there and my bro was passed out, i ended up buckass naked and throwing myself repeatedly at the glass threatening to kill the cops in the room when i got out. i remember coming too as they pulled me out of the room and gourneyed me to the infirmirary. now, that was years ago, and i remember every detail of that cops face, and if i ever see her again, i would take great pleasure in....well...think of baseball bats and what ny cops like to do w thier batons to foreign nationals they find in the subway and you will get the picture. there were other factors involved in this particular story, but my post is already too long) i HATE abuse of power...HATE it, and i would smile if i ever saw that bitch bleeding the last of her blood into a ditch, so you should have a pretty good idea that i am not a cop asskisser, but for those who may still be younger and impressionable, understand that cops are one of the main reasons our life is as good as it is! if there were no cops, we, even the badass motherfuckers in this thread, would live in a state of constant fear. I of course am speaking from an american perspective, i realize this is an international website but cant speak from any other perspective. the next time you see a cop, you should thank him or her for what they do every day. and IN MY OPINION, any statement lumping all law enforcement personel into one catagory, good or bad, is just infantile knee jerk shit talking. period. haha

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
these threads and many of the people who voice opinions make me laugh sooooo hard! funny funny stuff.funny funny people.....i have been in the system, and i know how mind spinningly enraging it can be....(the following is just ONE example)i remember one time i got picked up w a bro and the cops put us in a , well, basically, a glass room...i was in there, drunk, spouting off about my rights and fuckin pigs and all that shit, and this one cop came over and fiddled w something on the wall. couldnt tell what it was at first, but as the rooms temperature started to raise, i figured it out...once it was well over a hundred degrees in there and my bro was passed out, i ended up buckass naked and throwing myself repeatedly at the glass threatening to kill the cops in the room when i got out. i remember coming too as they pulled me out of the room and gourneyed me to the infirmirary. now, that was years ago, and i remember every detail of that cops face, and if i ever see her again, i would take great pleasure in....well...think of baseball bats and what ny cops like to do w thier batons to foreign nationals they find in the subway and you will get the picture. there were other factors involved in this particular story, but my post is already too long) i HATE abuse of power...HATE it, and i would smile if i ever saw that bitch bleeding the last of her blood into a ditch, so you should have a pretty good idea that i am not a cop asskisser, but for those who may still be younger and impressionable, understand that cops are one of the main reasons our life is as good as it is! if there were no cops, we, even the badass motherfuckers in this thread, would live in a state of constant fear. I of course am speaking from an american perspective, i realize this is an international website but cant speak from any other perspective. the next time you see a cop, you should thank him or her for what they do every day. and IN MY OPINION, any statement lumping all law enforcement personel into one catagory, good or bad, is just infantile knee jerk shit talking. period. haha

Yeah, your story of being put into a sweatbox by the cops doesn't do much for my opinion, LOL...

But really dude, you're just making a "straw-man" argument to say that people are lumping cops into 1 category.

All the sensible posters in here are saying the same thing - most cops are fucked up, either because they abuse their power or because they allow the rest to do so unchallenged.

When you act like people are all "FUCK THE COPS THEY NEVER DO ANY GOOD" when in reality, nobody said that, you make it clear you have no leg to stand on in this discussion.

You've fallen into the same ditch as the OP - just because there are some good cops and because cops in general do a useful job, doesn't mean they rock or anything close to it.

Cops in the Netherlands (and Switzerland as another poster mentioned) do all the useful things you imply that cops are supposed to do, without all the bullshit power-tripping.

If the Fireman punched you in the head and locked you in a sweatbox after saving your burning house, you might say that they do a necessary job, but you damn sure wouldn't say they rock.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is not that cops suck; I just think anyone with a major power trip in a minor authority position sucks. Cops are the only ones that have a gun and a badge though, so an officer of that ill nature trips a little harder. This power, gun, badge combo really attracts the violent control freak type. Mix in a Big Ego, and some training and you got your self a real ass hole.

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
351294711_5_XMNj.jpeg

fuckin hate power trippin cops with a passion.

the worst are small town cops who act like they are hot shit. fucking pansies. i got some respect for inner city cops (oakland, baltimore, etc) who gotta deal with all the seedy elements of our society. but some small town sherriffs deputy who just gives speeding tickets all day and thinks they are tough, fuck those pussies.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^small towns are dealing with meth problems these days. they shouldnt even worry about weed

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Weed is much easier to detect and hard to conceal when stoned proper...

Also, some pigs like to sell the weed they steal, give it to honey or just spark a J after dealing with SO many criminals... YES some do.

Again and again...

turbolaser4528

Veteran
in reality, we've become lazy and reliant on Po-lice.

We don't need em!!!!!! they are fucking everywhere, maybe 2 cops per town like in the wild west days is sufficient just to lock up the few crazies, not swat teams and 30+ officers for a rural town with no real crime, its a joke, and all on the back of the taxpayers.

the whole system is fucked up, when you make money off people getting arrested and going to jail, you open pandora's box.

Every person should be a police officer in my opinion, let the people decide whats right and wrong, we don't need these bloodsuckers telling us how to live our lives.

some people like oppression i guess?!

For anyone breaking unjust laws, how can you not treat the police as the enemy when they are the ones who will put you in a cage?

they represent the enemy, it doesn't matter if there's a person under that badge, if they cross that line......

that being said, good and bad apples in every profession so its not accurate to generalize.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Weed is much easier to detect and hard to conceal when stoned proper...

Also, some pigs like to sell the weed they steal, give it to honey or just spark a J after dealing with SO many criminals... YES some do.

Again and again...
I can testify to the bold typed part, ex gf was getting hit on hard by a cop, hangs out with him a bit, subject of weed comes up, he says how he can get it for her no problem, says he takes it from people all the time and keeps it, and the next day he brings her some.
That sucks, that's the double standard I refered to in an earlier post, they feel that they are above the law themselves because they enforce it.
Arrest people for possesion, form police unions to oppose MMJ everywhere and legalization in cali, and then steal weed and keep it for themselves and for using to pick up women, that's great, our tax dollars at work.
Jack booted thugs with no accountability for their actions

I think of the rodney king tape too, what was there? 10? 15? More? Cops at the scene while he was being beaten and repeatedly tazered, what were they all bad? If there were good ones there why didn't they stop it?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we only need so much law enforcement due to prohibition, and the private prison system.

M

mrred

I DONT NEED NO FUCKING COPS, i grew up in the hood, never been robbed, never had anything stolen, if you cant protect yourself, BUY A GUN , learn to use it, stand up for yourself and other people. Lead by example, not by force.

In short, I challenge you cop haters. You're no better than the stoner haters. You hate someone merely by association and prejudice. That makes you no better than a KKK member. And yet you choose to trumpet this fact as a badge of honor.

WRONG because cops are law enFORCErs they FORCE SHIT, YOU CAN HATE ON SHIT ALL DAY LONG AND AS LONG AS YOU DONT ENFORCE SHIT or try to, WE COOL, once you take that hate, turn it into a law and start ENFORCEING WITH A BARREL OF A GUN WELL THEN YOU HAVE STEP OVER THE LINE. was nazi scumbag cops they rounded up the nazis just doing there job and also human? no, they stopped being human and became scum of the earth.

Did anyone catch the show on abc what would you do? GUESSS WHAAT? the most scumbag fucking ass licking shit eatting pieces of shit was a pair of fucking cops.

Fuck the government, they are not a necessary evil, the create the real problems and offer temporary solutions/patches, lies. etc.. Its a fucking racket. I got great hope for man kind, the government and police arent in the picture. True real deal humans(not mutant scum bags that need curling) will one day step forward as they have in past and make the government and police obsolete thru evolution .

I dont look at someone, see what their wearing and judge them or be like I HATE YOU, I gotta learn how they are before I can say anything about them as individual. But you can have a educated preconcived notion on how someone is going to be. Hope for the best, expect and prepare for the worst.

No one has ever told me I need the police, and if they ever did, I would be offended. Police are a false sense of security. 80-90% of the time they get there the crime is over and 90% of cop is paper work.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
My most recent expierence with the police, my truck gets stolen from in front of my house. I get out the door fast enough to see it hanging a right 3 blocks down, I phone the cops, tell them it's within blocks of here if you act fast it should be no problem to catch.
5 minutes later a cops at my house, he tells me he just passed a truck just like mine, but the plate # was wrong, then he looks at his screen and says, oh, I guess it was yours, I misread the plate # on my screen the first time.
What a dumbfuck, but wait, it gets better.
Not only does he drive right by it, but when he gets to my house he writes me a ticket because I left the keys in it(which is illegal here) I left the keys in it because it was -7* out that day and it was warming up with the doors locked, but whatever.

I take the ticket, go back inside, week passes, nothing, I call them, they say "were looking for it"
5 days later I spot it parked on the street a couple miles from my house and I phone it in to the cops, and what do they do?
Let me take it?
No, they impound it becasue they say it was used in a crime(someone tried to cash a bad check and when they left the check cashing place they were seen fleeing in my truck)
I said WTF????!!! My truck didn't try to cash a check, that's bullshit, catch the person, not my truck WTF!!??
So they impound it and hold it for a week before releasing it to me, and of course I had to pay the impound lot fee, thanks cops, fat lot of help you were to me the one time I needed you.

Bottom line, I got my truck back myself, not them, all they did was write me a ticket, impound my truck for a week, and then charge me the impound fee.
I never should have even called them in the first place, If I hadn't I would have had my truck back a week sooner, and not had to pay a ticket or impound fee.