What's new

Cops Rock!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
protect and serve my ass...more like oppress and supress

i have met maybe 3 or 4 police officers who arrested me and were cool about it, all of them SFPD. San Francisco has some pretty chill police officers.

but the second i step outside to another area i meet some straight dickhead cops. it seems most small town cops are thugs with badges.

i have met some cops that pissed me off so much with their thug attitude i really wanted to see them get shot the fuck up and left for dead like the POS they are...

master shake

I can prove to you how a great majority of cops are corrupt punk bitches, even if they don't really do anything bad. It's pretty simple really...

Take all the currently active police...Make a guess of what percentage actually are bad cops, participate in corruption and know nothing of the constitution, even if it is only one occasion of misbehavior. Those are bad cops right? Now that is probably a minority, or close to 50% IMO. Now, if you take all the "good" cops who haven't really done anything wrong, what percentage of those cops are aware of or have seen other cops do corrupt or bad things, and do not report it to their boss, mayor...etc? Well that right there IMO is a bad fucking pig. And I wouldn't trust them for shit either. I bet what I have described makes up 90%+ of the police force.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
The ideal of an "officer" is NOT what is being perpetuated across the nation.

This is quickly turning into a police state, ask anyone who's been dragged through the legal system over something bigger than a red light ticket. Ask a felon.

The current system is not meant to protect and serve, the current system is a business.

When the spirit of the law is what matters and is whats enforced, then I'll believe in cops. Until that is the de facto norm, I assume every cop is the stereotypical "got picked on at school" heffer that now hands out moving violations as a way to feel power and control over someone elses situation.

I know more than a couple cops, more than a couple of them exhibit control issues.

when someone genuinely cares about the welfare of society, they don't become law enforcement officers, they become humanitarians and philanthropists. They start groups, coalitions, re unite communities and have grass roots movements that actually improve lives rather then ruin them.

What cops do that?

I

ijimunot

Its good TV

Its good TV

I know you shouldn't believe what you see on TV but...

Ever watch COPS or one of the gazillion shows like it? The cops are on camera so you'd think this is the one time, if ever, that they'd behave but even still a lot of them act like total scumbags and don't treat the people they are supposed to serve like people at all.

There seems to be a lot of differences between countries though. For example UK cops are real assholes and this isn't just based on TV either, lol, no idea where the myth of the friendly bobby is from. But cops aren't as bad everywhere.

Do you think that there would be cop shows if the cops acted normal. Its drama for the viewers. Drama sells advertising. Unfortunately some cops see the shows and emulate the idiots on TV. I got busted a while back and the most watched shows in jail were cop shows. I go to web sights of people that advertise on cop shows and let them know how I feel about their advertising on the shows and how it makes me view their products. No body watches, no advertising, no shows.

I

ijimunot

There are dick head rip off growers that will beat your ass or kill you for a buck. So everyone on this forum must be dick head rip off anti socials? There are fuck ups wherever you go in this world. Most sheriffs in this country are elected. That means that the people gave them there jobs. If they are screwing up then the people can vote the SOB's out. Organize and wipe your own ass instead of bitching about it.

supermanlives

Veteran
thank god most of them aint highly intelligent. the tests they give them require less iq than an insurance salesman. they wont take exceptionally smart people cause those kinds tend to think for themselves and dont follow orders as well as a braindead wanna b.

OrganicMeds

Are they "cool" or are they just hypocrite's?

It's abit like a vegan working in a slaughter house or like a PETA member working at a fur house!

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Are they "cool" or are they just hypocrite's?

It's abit like a vegan working in a slaughter house or like a PETA member working at a fur house!

Hey, I'll take help in the war against prohibition from wherever it comes. (many of them are now retired, so they're not actively fighting the War On (Some) Drugs anymore). So yes, they're definitely "cool".

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
only met a nice cop or two and that was outside the city... small towns you might find a decent human but in the city and most small towns its just a bunch a queers looking for something to prove cause there penis is small and there gut overlaps it....

The ideal of an "officer" is NOT what is being perpetuated across the nation.

This is quickly turning into a police state, ask anyone who's been dragged through the legal system over something bigger than a red light ticket. Ask a felon.

The current system is not meant to protect and serve, the current system is a business.

When the spirit of the law is what matters and is whats enforced, then I'll believe in cops. Until that is the de facto norm, I assume every cop is the stereotypical "got picked on at school" heffer that now hands out moving violations as a way to feel power and control over someone elses situation.

I know more than a couple cops, more than a couple of them exhibit control issues.

when someone genuinely cares about the welfare of society, they don't become law enforcement officers, they become humanitarians and philanthropists. They start groups, coalitions, re unite communities and have grass roots movements that actually improve lives rather then ruin them.

What cops do that?

I couldn't cosign that statement. As a matter of fact someone that I was in Boy Scouts with grew up to be a police officer. I don't really remember him getting picked on in high school but he was kind of a douche. Actually, at one of our meetings we were making pizza and monkeyball cake and words were exchanged between me and this guy while the adults were busy and it ended up with the whole troop in a fistfight in his parents living room. No shit like ten of us. I know another guy who ended up becoming a police officer, he was okay from what I remember but his best friend from high school said he turned into something of a douche and went to the police academy.

boroboro

NiteTiger said:
In short, I challenge you cop haters. You're no better than the stoner haters. You hate someone merely by association and prejudice. That makes you no better than a KKK member. And yet you choose to trumpet this fact as a badge of honor.

I'll take your challenge, NiteTiger. Yes, I do oppose the police, all of them all the time. I don't hate them as humans, more as the people who happen to be wearing the uniforms and doing the job. They are the Enemy, and a much more powerful enemy than I could hope to defeat. Oh, and I think I am better than the "stoner haters".

A few reasons why I think all cops are the Enemy:

• Their job is to enforce the law and imprison people, not to "protect and serve". Numerous state and federal Supreme Court decisions have upheld this.
  • Although my activities hurt no one and violate no one's rights, the law says I'm guilty enough to be locked up for years and have all my possessions confiscated. That's wrong. I believe there is no 'social contract' -- I never agreed to be bound by these silly laws and it's essentially nothing more than mob thuggery.
  • The above two points put me on one side, and all law enforcement on the other side. It doesn't matter if the cop is a nice dude or not, he's still working for the Enemy.

I don't advocate that all police are on the wrong side of the grass, but they are all on the wrong side of the Game that I am playing, and will remain there until they quit their jobs and renounce their former employer.

boroboro

Zen Master said:
Excellent point. If drug-related property seized is directly used to fund the police who seized the property, what are their motivations? Seize more property, of course, whether justly or unjustly.

ijimunot said:
There are dick head rip off growers that will beat your ass or kill you for a buck. So everyone on this forum must be dick head rip off anti socials? There are fuck ups wherever you go in this world. Most sheriffs in this country are elected. That means that the people gave them there jobs. If they are screwing up then the people can vote the SOB's out. Organize and wipe your own ass instead of bitching about it.
There is a real difference between cops and growers here. Cops are obligated to stick together, support each other, support each others' enforcement of the laws. Cops are obligated to be the enemy of growers. Growers are not like that in any single way.

You do have a good point about sheriffs, though. The local sheriff is very libertarian. If I don't hurt anybody he isn't about to bust me. He is happy to be quoted in the press telling people to ignore certain laws that he has no intention of enforcing. He has said he will try to avoid assisting state police in certain actions that he disagrees with. This is a lot more autonomy than I've seen in local and state police, and I applaud him for it.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I've got a pretty thick background in psychology, so here's my take:

the key difference between cops and citizens:

Cops want to control citizens, to dictate how they act and the manner in which they do it.

I've known and met plenty of cops over the decades, and most fit a rather narrow personality profile. The need to control others, and make them do your bidding (with or without a badge) is an aberrated way of thinking. Stop what is moving, and move what is stopped.

Most cops I knew that got into law enforcement to "serve their community" didn't last very long, as the horrors of the job proved to be too much for anyone with a heart. The ones that last are usually much more hard-hearted and fit the personality of the control freak mentioned above.

I do believe that cops have gotten away with murder many, many times. I'm hopeful that the modern era of portable cell phones with video cameras will quickly diminish these abuses, but it will take time for the mindsets to change.

Just like politicians, cops are always looking for loopholes so they can excercise their own agendas in the field. Until every one of them wears a video camera that cannot be turned off, and is easily available to the public full time, their abuses will continue.

R

rocky5

my experiance in the army and jail have led me to belive
you emulate what you are a part of.
i can remember when i was 17 getting trained in the army and it was drummed into
us all civys -Civilians were scum bags,this is what i was told.
and in the jail its the same us vrs them dont cross the line.
so i can imagine the police will have a simmular theme running through the ranks
just glad im waking up to all the bull----.
they may go in with good intentions but that will get broken out them.

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Cops are under paid, Over worked, and Under Educated. With that said,"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely"

Fuck the police!!!

+Vibes

cops are ok if you are a white, middle class, clean shaven, male. hang a crucifix in your rear-view mirror and you're good to go..... besides that, i think the job attracts the wrong kind of people, hence the bad rep

Latest posts

Latest posts