What's new

Connoisseur300: DWC 30 plant SOG micro show

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH I love the Gumby method yo how much shake did you use cuz I didn't get harldly shit from my amount that Im not gonna mention haha

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Connoisseur300 said:
This pic is an attempt at making my newly selected strains into mothers. I still have to wait for most of them to reveg so I can add them to the mother unit.

You get roots on cuts that far into flower? Nice bubble cloner heres a shot of mine thanks to MajPothead...

mg00c

everything's looking really good 300, especially that gumbi hash :yummy: . Your grow's always been an inpspiration to me. When I get home from my vacation my first batch of seeds are going into flowering so hopefully I'll be able to get a good mother or 2 from them. Do you keep your mothers in hydro or do you throw them into the dirt after they show their roots? I'm also interested in cloning my flowering plants so let us know how everything turns out with these clones.

2stoge

Connoisseur300 said:
This pic is an attempt at making my newly selected strains into mothers. I still have to wait for most of them to reveg so I can add them to the mother unit.

please keep us updated on these.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Thundurkel said:
You get roots on cuts that far into flower? Nice bubble cloner heres a shot of mine thanks to MajPothead...
Yes I do get roots this late into flower. The only risk I'm running is reveging my plants in hopes they don't hermi.

Thanks. Yours is looking clean!

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
mg00c said:
everything's looking really good 300, especially that gumbi hash :yummy: . Your grow's always been an inpspiration to me. When I get home from my vacation my first batch of seeds are going into flowering so hopefully I'll be able to get a good mother or 2 from them. Do you keep your mothers in hydro or do you throw them into the dirt after they show their roots? I'm also interested in cloning my flowering plants so let us know how everything turns out with these clones.

Thanks. The Gumbi is some pretty good hash for how easy it is to make.

What kind of seeds do you have?

My mothers are all hydro. I might be changing that when I do a major renovation to my old and new rooms using a recovering drip systems. When I go organic i'll still use my bubble cloner and just stick them in the dirt at first sign of roots.

Most clones have rooted already and have started to reveg.

mg00c

Yeah I'm deffinately looking forward to making some gumbi hash after my first harvest.

For my first few runs I'm going to be growing some bagseed until I have my system dialed in. After that I'm gonna get some nirvana strains and probably a pack of cheese seeds.

I was thinking of having 6 mothers in 1 shoe sized rubbermaid container. Is this how you keep your moms or do they each have their own seperate container?

I'm really excited to know that you can succesfully clone flowering plants. That's going to save me a whole lot of time.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Thundurkel said:
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH I love the Gumby method yo how much shake did you use cuz I didn't get harldly shit from my amount that Im not gonna mention haha
I used about 2 ounces of some pretty decent trim for 4 grams of hash. Good hash.

Last edited:

2stoge

Connoisseur300 any chance of an update on those blueberrys you got in soil. bty very clean setup you got going. :joint: :joint: :joint:

InPotiTrust

Where's that update C300?....I just built myself a new veg cab finally so i'll be starting back up soon just waiting on the clones.

jdog12

How high up in the container do you fill the water to? (right at stem, 1/2 inch down, 1/4 inch, etc)

At what rate do they soak up that water? for example, if you fill them up to the fill line, wherever that may be, how long till the water levels go down and you have to fill them back up?

Does the water level have to be to a certain height? (i figure if there's barely any roots showing and the water level isnt high enough for the bubbles to splash the roots, they'll die out. But let's say that the roots extend about halfway down the container, if you keep the water level at about halfway up the container will they still do well, or do you keep the water level pretty even no matter how large the roots are?

As far as I understand, you're supposed to completely empty out the container and put new water/nutes in there about once a month (or am I wrong about this?) if so, how annoying is it to do so, when you take the top off, where do you put the top with the plants while you do so? I've heard of emptying the container out with a water pump and then filling it back up to avoid this.. was wondering if there was any easier ways of doing so?

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
jdog12 said:
How high up in the container do you fill the water to? (right at stem, 1/2 inch down, 1/4 inch, etc)
When I add new clones to the system I fill it all the way up or untill about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above the netpot.

At what rate do they soak up that water? for example, if you fill them up to the fill line, wherever that may be, how long till the water levels go down and you have to fill them back up?
I check the water everyday but I could go a couple of days without checking wile their small. Once the roots take off from the bottom of the netpots you can start to not worry so much. Remember though. High yields in DWC come from keeping them topped off. Thats why i'm going soil and adding a drip system. I'm must about done buying everything for it so stay tuned because when my camera starts working again it will be on.

Does the water level have to be to a certain height? (i figure if there's barely any roots showing and the water level isnt high enough for the bubbles to splash the roots, they'll die out. But let's say that the roots extend about halfway down the container, if you keep the water level at about halfway up the container will they still do well, or do you keep the water level pretty even no matter how large the roots are?
You are totally correct. Keeping the water level even no matter what gives you higher yields but thay will still live with the water level half way down.

As far as I understand, you're supposed to completely empty out the container and put new water/nutes in there about once a month (or am I wrong about this?) if so, how annoying is it to do so, when you take the top off, where do you put the top with the plants while you do so? I've heard of emptying the container out with a water pump and then filling it back up to avoid this.. was wondering if there was any easier ways of doing so?
It's a good practice to change the nutes about once a month or on week four of the flowering cycle. With DWC its also a great idea to change your water because your nutes can eventually clog your air stones. As for me I haven't done a water chang in any of my units unless it was looking pretty bad. If the water was still clear and the plants looked healthy I didn't change a thing(I do change out my air stones every couple of weeks though.
oh yeah, It fucking sucks having to change out all the systems but then again I smoke a lot of weed!

C

CrystalsCrystal

slip a black grow bag under them algae covered girls! slip the bag right under the roots.. around the netpot and let the weight of the plant hold the bag in place

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
jdog12 said:
I'll be interested to see your DWC vs Soil yields. For the soil, are you going perpetual or normal? SOG?
oh i'll do perpetual untill the end of my days buddy. To be honest I think my yield is going to be damn close because the buds in my soil are much denser than dwc and look about the same size and their not even finished yet. Plus i'm sure they'll tast much better. Just got my camera to work again so i'll post all of my new pics.

Thanks for stopping in.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
CrystalsCrystal said:
slip a black grow bag under them algae covered girls! slip the bag right under the roots.. around the netpot and let the weight of the plant hold the bag in place
Im not real sure what your talking about. Who has algae? Did I miss a post?

wh1te

Connoisseur300 said:
oh i'll do perpetual untill the end of my days buddy. To be honest I think my yield is going to be damn close because the buds in my soil are much denser than dwc and look about the same size and their not even finished yet. Plus i'm sure they'll tast much better. Just got my camera to work again so i'll post all of my new pics.

Thanks for stopping in.

Cant wait to see how your soil setup and drip system is going.

Latest posts

Latest posts