What's new

Connoisseur300: DWC 30 plant SOG micro show

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Gantz said:
this looks like something tick did a few years ago on OG
check my sig if you don't know it or if you're feeling nostalgic...
I know ticks work very well from OG. Great guy. Thanks for stopping in.

C300,
WOW! Great work! I didn't think you'd be able to fit a 400W in a cab! Have you run any tests yet to check temps? That's awesome, good work. Ya know, I'm really diggin your SOG. I was thinking that ScrOG would be the way to go in a cab, but I just got done reading your entire thread and I think SOG will be the way to go. You've inspired me, thanks so much for the ideas. I am in debt to you :rasta: What Blueberry are you running? DJ? I always order from HempDepot and I see they've got Joey Weed Blueberry on the way. I think I will try my hand at coco with this and see where it goes...Thanks again for the inspiration, you really are a Connoisseur!!!
--
TB4U
:joint:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
ThisBuds4You said:
C300,
WOW! Great work! I didn't think you'd be able to fit a 400W in a cab! Have you run any tests yet to check temps? That's awesome, good work. Ya know, I'm really diggin your SOG. I was thinking that ScrOG would be the way to go in a cab, but I just got done reading your entire thread and I think SOG will be the way to go. You've inspired me, thanks so much for the ideas. I am in debt to you :rasta: What Blueberry are you running? DJ? I always order from HempDepot and I see they've got Joey Weed Blueberry on the way. I think I will try my hand at coco with this and see where it goes...Thanks again for the inspiration, you really are a Connoisseur!!!
--
TB4U
:joint:

What up buds4you? Thanks for stopping in.

The 400 would be too hot if I only used a 175cfm blower but I have a 265 with two 6 inch holes for ventalation and it keep the temps right at 78 with no plants in it.

SOG is def. the way to go in these small grows. No doubt.

I'm not real sure which blueberry I have it was givin to me as a clone.

Is hemp depot anygood??

I would love to try coco but I cant get it without ordering it. I try to keep all orders to a minimum.

I'm very glad I was able to help you in a decision that is as important as this one.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
onweed said:
Connoisseur300 the new cab looks great. cant wait to see it finished.
Thanks for the kind words.

It's finished now and I have six clones in their second week of flowering. I just need to add some more pics and take some more too. I think it's going to produce some serious buds. I still have to hook up my drip system into it. The bottom container is going to be the res where the pump will sit and i'll have an ebb and flow fitting in the top container so it can drain back into the res.

whats up 300,the new cab looks great man,are you going to run a drip or a ebb&flow?are you going to e&f with the two liters in the container like you have them.it would be like how some people put there pots in containers to water from the bottom.if thats what you plan on doing that would be cool. :joint:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
NEARTHEBEACHBOY said:
whats up 300,the new cab looks great man,are you going to run a drip or a ebb&flow?are you going to e&f with the two liters in the container like you have them.it would be like how some people put there pots in containers to water from the bottom.if thats what you plan on doing that would be cool. :joint:

It's going to be a drip system. I'll have a 1/2 inch line running across the back of the cab with 1/4 inch tubing and dripper comming out of it. I still havn't made it yet but I'll put some new pics of the system up with the new thread I'll be starting soon.
I had thought about an e&f but I wanted larger containers. Still not a bad idea if I were to go with shorter containers.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Here is a pic of the diesel I just harvested. Killer weed that will nock your fucking head off. Man, I hit this shit and pass the fuck out in about 90 minutes. Everytime.

man that shit looks nice.i always wanted to order some seeds and grow some shit out but i just try to fine tweek some of that decent bag seed that you get from time to time.looks like some nice bud man....

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
So I know you've told me to watch the Gumby video and I have but I'm just curious what you use to strain your trichome filled water... Can you give a fellow grower some pics of what you are using cuz I'm dying to make some hash and I have enough trim to get 2 grams or so.. PLEASE!!!!!

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
How it going Thundurkel! Nice to see you in my thread. Yours is rocking by the way. I check it out all the time.

Now for the gumbi method. What I do to strain everything out of the water is first start off with two buckets. After your done mixing you ice water with the trim I start straining all ice and trim with a ....well... one of these.

After I get all I can. I usually spend about five minutes skimming everything out then take my clean second bucket and set my screen over it like so.

You might need to brace the screen over the bucket with a stick or something so it doesn't fall in when your pouring the hash water through the screen into the clean bucket effectively skimming everything out of the water.

Any other Q's about the gumbi method?? I'd love to try some gumbi from that urkle you have. That shit would be bomb!!

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Here is another system coming down in a couple more days so it can flush a little longer to make sure the taste is right.

A little closer shot of the two different buds.

I'll keep'em coming as I get them.

In DrBud's setup, it seems as though he controls stretch through container size (i.e. 20 oz. bottles with the top cut off) because of course the roots only have so much space to stretch into. How are you able to control stretch using the same method in a DWC?

On another note, I love this method, this thread, and dr.bud's threads. I have adopted it as my new method and am slowly crossing over to it.

I hate waiting to grow out mother's man...its killing me...I just want to flower what I have and not wait an additional two months to make what I have into a mother, then wait for clones..aahh

Finkelstein..shit..kid..

I also have another question if you don't mind...when you say 42W cfl...are we talking 42 actual watts and the cfl is a much higher equivalent (for example 150Wcfl with 42W of actual power usage), or is it a 42W equivalent with a much lower actual usage? The reason I ask is because right now I have a 500W equivalent paired up with a 250W equivalent in a 3 x 3 space...so is that the same as really having 750Ws in my room and I'm pushing the equivalent of 83W/sq.ft.? or should I not think of the square foot wattage in the same way? When I look into my space, it doesn't seem like 750 and I'm just curious as to whether my girls have enough...I just switched to 12/12 on christmas and i'm worried about stretching too much in the two weeks ahead. I have a 600W digi I could throw in there but i'm trying to avoid the whole "i've-got-way-too-much-heat" dance because i'm only using the stanley DIY conversion.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well funny thing about that Urkle is my buddy I got it from was a dip shit and his girl mislabeled some of his cuts when helping.. So I ended up with all Alaskan Goo which turns purple in the end of flower from the Gods Gift and Blueberry genes from what I've read about Goo and then this version just has ATF in it!!! I knew it was bomb when I get stoned from nugs I pull early and I've cut em down at 4 weeks from a scare and the shit was still stoney as hell!! I love this straing! I just got some 17th generation GrandMasterKush and some SuperGranddad that are supposed to be the best strains my buddy's bro who owns a club in the Emerald Triangle so those and the Maui Wowi cross are strains that are only passed to the club owners and fellow growers but never as clones to the public so I feel privledged ....... desperse periods as needed

Thanks for the Gumbi lesson

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Finklsteinshtkd said:
I also have another question if you don't mind...when you say 42W cfl...are we talking 42 actual watts and the cfl is a much higher equivalent (for example 150Wcfl with 42W of actual power usage), or is it a 42W equivalent with a much lower actual usage? The reason I ask is because right now I have a 500W equivalent paired up with a 250W equivalent in a 3 x 3 space...so is that the same as really having 750Ws in my room and I'm pushing the equivalent of 83W/sq.ft.? or should I not think of the square foot wattage in the same way? When I look into my space, it doesn't seem like 750 and I'm just curious as to whether my girls have enough...I just switched to 12/12 on christmas and i'm worried about stretching too much in the two weeks ahead. I have a 600W digi I could throw in there but i'm trying to avoid the whole "i've-got-way-too-much-heat" dance because i'm only using the stanley DIY conversion.

It's actual 42w not 150w it's just as bright as a incandescent with 150w is all and no you would need the actual 750w of CFL

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hey check this light out!! I've been thinking of playing with a HID box like yours and I wanted to put T5's in there though for my love of fluoro's and I found this..

imagemagic.php

Spectramax 246w HPS/T5

Its looking real good connoisseur, I cant wait for mine still have bout another 25-30 days, but i just popped 10 seeds so I have another round coming :)

Latest posts

Latest posts