What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful Congo seedling StrongTree,

Glad to see you chose to explore Congo also for this round, thank you very much. Looking forward to follow its progresses and to know your opinion about how Congo strain compared with the other PCK hybrids (Violeta and Snow Moon) you have grown from us ;)

Congo nice compact veg

View Image

darqeds

Hi dubi, i had grow two congo's and they were weak potency due to all buds have tons of seeds because of male congo(i was kept it too long in flowering room) but i understood that she will be my favourite! energetic, motivated and clear headed! what can i expect more! :)

But there is something that worries me. while other strains healthy, why this happened ? what do u think ?

-by the way, new congos are coming ! (12 days from seeds)

9G2nVqu

darqeds

Hi dubi, i had grow two congo's and they were weak potency due to all buds have tons of seeds because of male congo(i was kept it too long in flowering room) but i understood that she will be my favourite! energetic, motivated and clear headed! what can i expect more! :)

But there is something that worries me. while other strains healthy, why this happened ? what do u think ?

-by the way, new congos are coming ! (12 days from seeds)

View Image

Sorry, i couldnt add image

https://imgur.com/a/9G2nVqu

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi darqeds,

Heavily pollinated plants tend to lose their health much faster than non seeded plants (especially in the second half of flowering) due to the amount of energy and nutrients that the plant needs to address to its seed production. Well feeded and slightly pollinated plants usually finish the flowering much healthier.

Heavily pollinated plants also tend to lose potency and quality of terpenes because the cannabinoids and terpenes get degraded when the grower is forcing the plant to be overripe to be able to ripe as much seeds as possible.

Hope it helps and good luck with your Congo growing and breeding :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Another beauty of yours StrongTree :)

Quite sativa dom structure development, to later show very desirable congo/paki balanced traits.
Glad you are about to experience this classic ACE strain. How are her aromas in late flowering ? Floral fruity bubblegum ?

StrongTree

Another beauty of yours StrongTree :)

Quite sativa dom structure development, to later show very desirable congo/paki balanced traits.
Glad you are about to experience this classic ACE strain. How are her aromas in late flowering ? Floral fruity bubblegum ?

spot on Dubi ... this one has the refreshing and invigorating smelling experience in late flower..i get the steam of jasmine tea blending with a gentle citrus aerosol...it's a fresh and clean,and bright odor

there is a hint of eucalyptus / tea tree / camphor etc...it seems to unify the floral / fruit and assist the terps in penetrating into the brain and brightening the spirit when deeply inhaled... seems too to induce "stoner face",smiles and creativity ....looking forward to this one...as always many thanks for your good works :)

darqeds

This is Congo's bottom leaf (but it can get light). What is the problem? i can't find the exact deficiency/problem as a result of "yellow veins" that i have.
Note: as you see above, no general yellowing.. only two fan leafs.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi darqeds,

You are spot on on the different phenos :yes:
Since you are having a bit of N overfeeding and deficiencies in the main leaves at the same time,
i wonder: what's the ph and ec in your waterings and feedings ? What kind of nutrients are you using lately in flowering ?

darqeds

Hi darqeds,

You are spot on on the different phenos :yes:
Since you are having a bit of N overfeeding and deficiencies in the main leaves at the same time,
i wonder: what's the ph and ec in your waterings and feedings ? What kind of nutrients are you using lately in flowering ?

Hi dubi, yep, bit of N overfeeding only PCK dominant phenos and the leaf that looks like a nitrogen deficiency is the leaf of the Congo dominant. it "looks like" because i realized that she started to drink too much water as the weather got warmer.. So, it was underwatered and as I have experienced from my old grows, the leaves have become weak because of the lack of water(i think).

By the way, i never check the ph but EC is 450 ppm~ and im using General Organics BioThrive Bloom(2ml)&Bio Bud(4ml)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi darqeds,

PCK and hybrids usually tolerate very well the drought. I highly recommend you to check the ph of your soil, waterings and feedings, you will know better what could be the problem and you will be much more accurate with the feeding schedule, your plants will be happier too :)

darqeds

Hi dubi, i will buy a ph meter for next grow. Thanks your helping.. by the way, i have to say that a tremendous strain emerged from the combination of critical and congo! she took me to another universe for 3-4 hours even though she is 1-2 weeks away from the harvest! (i didn't take a puff from congo yet)

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Hi Passenger101,

Glad to see you are reversing your lovely Congo female to produce your own feminized seeds :)

Current Congo release is a F1, so if you self (S1) the female by itself it will produce the genetic variability of a F2, this means you will find in your S1 offspring very Congo african sativa leaning phenos, almost pure pakistani indica phenos, and combination inbetween like original Congo F1 release. Your seeds won't produce a uniform outcome at population level but should be fun and interesting to explore if you have the will and you really liked the female you are working with.

Please, keep us updated with your results. All the best.
Hi, sorry I just noticed this comment. I know it was from last year but I have feminised seeds from 2017. Are they also F1's?

Congo is great, I have grown it before. I am curious about different releases of Congo?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Chi13,

Yes, all the Congo (regular and fem versions) for the last years remain with the exact same F1 genetic composition. Glad you enjoyed yours :)