What's new

Congo

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome greenjoe,

Thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful Congo in early flowering,best wishes for the rest of the flowering! :tiphat:

Here is my taller thin stem topped single cola gal...4 branches of about 2 feet each....rest are just under that

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kijell,

Congo hybrid flowering time is quite short, your pheno seems to have indeed a more indica kind of flowering structure, therefore she is more PCK influenced, although as i commented to you in other thread, cold temps and mite infection can speed up the maturation in flowering, please try to post pics of her under natural lights and we will be able to evaluate better any problem and her flowering stage.

Kijell

Hi Kijell,

Congo hybrid flowering time is quite short, your pheno seems to have indeed a more indica kind of flowering structure, therefore she is more PCK influenced, although as i commented to you in other thread, cold temps and mite infection can speed up the maturation in flowering, please try to post pics of her under natural lights and we will be able to evaluate better any problem and her flowering stage.

Hey Dubi!

I harvested her 2 days ago you can see it on the pictures.
The coldest my temperatures goes is 21 Degrees I cant go lower than that. Luckily this grow I have no mites, just the last one with the Panama x Malawi.

This Congo was in a smaller pot than my other plants and under a weaker light, I guess that is why she is flowering a bit faster.
There were some new pistils coming, I guess I could have waited a bit but yeah I can't change it now :D

Smells very like the description that is given, dark and red berries with some flower tones. Yummy

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback on harvest time Kijell :)

Certainly she could yield better with stronger light intensity and warmer temps, but no doubt those lovely resinous and colorful buds will provide you a very pleasant smoke :yummy:

musigny23

2019 Congo grow

2019 Congo grow

Here is one of two Ace Congo standard females I have this year. This one seems like it will be ready in about 2 more weeks I'm guessing. Pretty fast flowering this year. The other one is less advanced. This one is showing more PCK influence in the structure and the pace of flowering.

It was a late addition to the garden and does not have a large root zone area so it isn't a large plant. Maybe 1.5 meters tall. However I think it will be very nice even if a small yield.

The other plant is larger and shows more Congo influence. Congo structure and flowering. I'd say it's about two weeks behind this one.

I like this particular hybrid because it always flowers quickly. Also achieves great colors. The early flowering means I can process it sooner and get it out of the drying room as others become ready.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Both Congos are looking great musigny23 :)
And yes, very fast flowering, looks like they will finish before September ends. :yes:

Did you grow the feminized version last year or was also the same standard/regular batch of seeds you are growing this season ?

musigny23

Both Congos are looking great musigny23 :)
And yes, very fast flowering, looks like they will finish before September ends. :yes:

Did you grow the feminized version last year or was also the same standard/regular batch of seeds you are growing this season ?

Hi, actually those two photos are the same plant. The more PCK dominant one. The Congo dominant one is less mature and thus less ready for photographing. I'll get you pics of that one for comparison.

I'm sure this one will be finished well before the end of September. The other will take a few weeks longer.

All my Ace Congo are from a single standard 12 packet bought several years ago. I think this is the third year of growing it. I'd have to go look at my purchase history. I got a very high percentage of females. Last year I had 4. This year 2. I think the total from the packet was about 70-80% females. I've haven't tried the feminized version.

The other strain that gave me a high percentage of females from a standard 12 packet was Malawi x PCK from a few years ago. I'm just finishing those packs this year.

musigny23

Here is the other Congo I have. This one seems to show more Congo dominance compared to the other. More branches that are longer and with more budding along the length of the branch. It's also flowering slower.

musigny23

Oh I forgot to put these new pics of the PCK dominant plant in that post. Sorry for the clutter of multiple posts.

The top half of the plant. Not a large one. I was slow to transplant it and the root space in this spot is limited.

The main cola 5 days after the previous photo in post #524 and from the opposite side.

musigny23

No activity in this thread since my last post. Ok, anyway here are yesterday photos of my PCK dominant Congo plant. I feel it is time to harvest. I going to do that right after posting this.

Very indica structure and flowers. Rich colors. Very photogenic. Not a big plant, yield will probably only be about 150 grams. Maybe more if I'm lucky. All the size and weight of the flowers is at the ends of the branches as you can see in the first photo. Not much lower down.

IwzPhNy.jpg

zsFVQfD.jpg

v86aE2F.jpg

U9E6Zif.jpg

musigny23

2019 grow

2019 grow

I grew two Ace Congo regular plants this year. The more PCK dominant one I harvested a week or so ago. Now the more Congo sativa influenced one is ready.

This one grew larger, it might even yield double or more of dried flower than the other one. Actually it declared sex sooner and so was transplanted sooner to it's permanent location. It stayed healthy and had no problems to speak of.

Here it is but due to the background bushes it's a little hard to see it alone.
6ufJKK8.jpg

Nice full maturity in these closeups. Pretty much new white pistil growth has stopped. That's my idea of full maturity.
TwT8RCZ.jpg

rJYrT3t.jpg

n8Z3mye.jpg

Passenger101

My Congo seems different

My Congo seems different

I’m currently growing a Congo. I bought two feminized seeds about 4 months ago from seedsman. It started out as a stunted plant with deformed leaves. I thought it was going to die, but the stem seemed very strong and healthy so I stuck it out. It took about 5 weeks to reach the fourth set of nodes and the leaves were all crisp and deformed. Then the shoots that grew from the forth nodes were perfect. Since then the plant has grown beautifully, but it’s darker and more indica then any of the photos I’ve seen here. The big flowers are very hard pine cones with fairly few leaves and the small ones are dense and droopy looking. Ive started monitoring the trichomes they’re currently clear.

I’ve also pollinated one branch of the plant with some female World of Seeds- South African Kwazulu pollen. I’m interested in what this cross will be like.

The plant did clone easily, one clone is growing well and the second clone is small because I started treating it with colloidal silver, but it is about to release pollen. I have it in an isolationist area. I’m looking forward to the outcome.

Also started a Zamaldelica 3 weeks ago which has the thinnest leaves I’ve ever seen. Also have fresh Malawi and golden tiger seeds waiting. I’ve really enjoyed reading Dubi’s discussion and input over the years about the plants.
Thanks,
Roy
:sasmokin:

Passenger101

So, that’s her. The trichomes are still mostly clear with around 10% being milky. I guess it looks Similar enough to the previous ones posted by musigny23, if it were much smaller and grown under 1200 leds. I cut this down half an hour ago after I took the photos.

Latest posts

Latest posts