What's new

Congo: A study.

freaks

:tiphat:

The real Angola roja and Angola verde come from Angola in Africa....safe by a great grower and Landrace lover Alex La Mano Negra (RIP)...ever, we can't thank him enough!!:thank you: YAH bless bro !!

For Angola offered by Brazilian seed co... it's supposed be a Alex's beans...

i've heard some word about an Angola Roja brazilian.....supposed come from slave, but honestly...i doubt it...although it has been preserved so far...

I think with over time, we can not call it Angola....but Brazilian roja....adaptation...u know ? otherwise, all South American should be called: African,Thai,Indian..etc

Hope that help.
Cheers.
(sorry for my bad english)

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
gREAT thread! I too am on the hunt for quality african genetics... just got some swazi skunk, early durban, and african buzz from seedsman, finna see what it do. I want some afropips malawi and some congo genes too, wanna find something similar in effect to the pure landrace sativa durban poison I tried at a club... Feel good, body feel great, energy, feel like climbing trees, super powers, mind sharp and focussed, permagrin, superstone... Thats how Id describe the high i had from this african bud... tagged!

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I´ve heard that the brazilian strain mangarosa or manga rosa was originated from seeds that slaves carried from angola to Brazil. Also another strains like colombian punto rojo and panamá red would be related with those origins.:2cents:

Nice story for a sale but Colombian strains were brought by American pharmaceutical companies in the early 1930s for developing strong pharmaceutical strains.Originally those strains were from Kalimantan.After the prohibition in 1937 those strains never left Colombia and found their way to other countries like Brazil or Panama.:blowbubbles:

Keep on growing :)

read your history books; every navel vessel carried hemp - sativa rope before the nylon was invented, from the 15th century onwards. seeds were in the rope itself and wild hemp was produced and grown by the colonies in north, central and south america. not only man but birds and animals carried the seeds and supplied the fertilizer to grow it in. they travel and migrate.

mexcurandero420

Veteran
It's correct that hemp was brought by Europeans to the New World for fibre production, but those will not change into stronger THC Cannabis over the years.Stronger Cannabis was brought much later in history to the New World.It all began with the findings of William Brooke O'Shaughnessy.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Nice story for a sale but Colombian strains were brought by American pharmaceutical companies in the early 1930s for developing strong pharmaceutical strains.Originally those strains were from Kalimantan.After the prohibition in 1937 those strains never left Colombia and found their way to other countries like Brazil or Panama.:blowbubbles:

This is interesting. What is the source of this information?

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
picture.php
Dubcongo females(four in the middle in square wilma)
picture.php
Dubcongo males

Thanks for the inputs guys..:)

captainporteous

anyone tried the tropical seed bank for congos??

Old Congo ( Congo Pointe Noire x OT Haze )
ur very most favourite sativa decided to get in touch with the 3 clasic sativas involving OT Haze.
Great outdoor choice for warm and mild climates. But don’t worry, this super sativa hybrid can perform perfectly grown indoors directly from seed or clone with 12/12 photoperiod.
Open branchy structure. Produces a good quantity of buds spreaded in the entire plant. Flowers are best quality, scents combining fine wood-leather and fruity tones including grape or exotic kiwi. Complex but very easy to enjoy bouquet of quality old school sativas.
To sum up we get a nice potent sativa clear and uplifting high. Puff puff and cant get enuff, getting higher and higher. Perfect to enjoy from the morning to the evening. Livianity, good mood and active all day enjoying the precious and lovely smoke of Old Congo !

sounds nice and 40 euros for 10 regs is a good price

Bastiat

i got old congo by tropicalseedsco before it became a catalogue strain. I have not smoke it yet, but have just harvested a few buds, so i cannot comment on the final quality, but i can judge it's growth behaviour. They grew very vigourous since the start. background; i'm more of a newbie, and am not an extreme sativa veteran; but have made a few mistakes to gain experience. started off with 6 plants, 1 male, out of the 5 females i had, i killed one (by accident), all good individuals, i can say right away that good work has gone into it, easy germination, and all very good, vigorous individuals. i had them for like a yr in small pots, but keeping the 4 i had (5 plants, one a clone of another, which appeared slightly different than the plant it originated from, i guess every plant has a capacity to morph slightly when the enviroment changes, or when it revegs/clones), near a window,(lat 50N) they started to flower (more than just pistils) this autumn, around early november, and seemed ready to mature mid december, since they wern't in an actual flowering room setup, it's hard to say how long they'd take to flower. i'd expect 16 weeks 12/12 right from seed (with a hard to control height), but maybe 10 weeks should do it from clone. it takes a long time to reach sexual maturity but seems to want to flower quickly once it is in "flowering mode", producing actual buds/flowers (hope it makes sense, i heard many african sativas do this?). as a comparison, i've grown "caribe" by cannabiogen a long time back, it had a different growth pattern, and "wanted" to reflower around the 9th/10th week. i think this cross would reveg easily, but as far as flowering goes, it wouldn't have those reflowering cycles/"windows" like an oldschool OTH would have, as i've seen documented. has thicker buds than OTH, not too airy, or leafy, grassy, like some landrace sativa pics i've seen online, hermie free (even under stess, well worked!, rather tamed i guess, but pure sativa for sure), thick sugary resin on all the plants, smell difficult to describe, the plants i had, had a very strong,sweet fruity smell; kiwi, grape, mango... hard to say, especially when they are next to one another, i also smelled one with a more sugary alcohol mix smell (like a bacardi breezer i guess), unfortunately i delegated the task of the end of flowering to some1 else, and the harvested buds are all mixed (not labelled according to the plant harvested) and i have to wait agaes for them to cure. atm i am waiting for them to reveg.

anyways, towards the end of flowering (last 10-14 days), i added a 400W phillips sont pia hps bulb, and then a 400w cmh philips, to increase the bud size (they had already started to produce significant resin under only the window light).
i don't think i have any pics, so the best way i can describe them was, if you look at the buds on the first page of this thread by "freaks", is very similar to what they would look like in the beginning of flowering, with maybe half slightly more airy buds and curled leaves near the buds, and looking at the bud pics by "marijuanamat" on page 3, they look rather consistent with the buds i ended up with ; structure wise, mine were smaller as i didnt have a huge amonut of lighting and i didn't have a main cola as i pruned mine for height restriction. however mine were all purple and except for 1, DEEP PURPLE, right at the end, almost more purple than a purple haze. i look forward to hearing some feedback on it from other growers

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I´ve heard that the brazilian strain mangarosa or manga rosa was originated from seeds that slaves carried from angola to Brazil. Also another strains like colombian punto rojo and panamá red would be related with those origins.:2cents:

It's possible :blowbubbles:

"A rare allele(SKDH-A) was found in all seven southern African accessions, but in only two other accessions, from Nigeria and Colombia."

Genetic evidence for speciation in Cannabis (Cannabaceae)

mexcurandero420

Veteran
“Marijuana arrived in Colombia thanks to the aid of the USA in 1930. Seven years before the USA made Marijuana illegal.. In 1930 the department of agriculture of the United States (USDA) created a project to promote the different uses of marijuana. United States knew that marijuana had immense medicinal potential and industrial. The USA did not want to use American lands so they decided to go to Colombia to develop the project. The Marijuana utilized for this project was brought from The Island of Borneo. Borneo and Colombia are very similar countries in question of environment. Both countries are situated in tropical rainy forests, the perfect environment to grow Marijuana and for this reason the USA chose Colombia for the project. Colombia is a very tropical country. In 1937 the USA made Marijauna illegal. The projects were canceled. The gringos that were working in Colombia on the project had to return but they never destroyed the plants. They left the ones that were working with in Colombia.”

THC farmer had a topic about this but is deleted.

Latest posts

Latest posts