What's new

Congo: A study.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
8/8 on the cpn x haze, 20/24 so far on the cpn x cblack. under flouro's at the minute.

Also, 10/10 on cbg's Punta Rosa. Will be interesting, if not enjoyable to see and smell the similaritys between the S.American and Central African stock.

M

MummyCat

I have two different cuts of Kananga to grow this year, I'm pretty excited. I don't know much about it other than it's supposed to have good potency

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
picture.php

The punta rosa are the biggest, the cpn x othaze the next biggest and the rest are cpn x congo black, from the observed heterosis id guess that the cpn and congo black are related lines.

Ended up with 19 dub congo & 3 punta rosa due to a mouse taking a fancy to some seedlings..2 out of the 22 dubcongo seedlings showed sporadic germination.

GetUpStandUp

Can one of you fine individuals help a bradda out in understanding the strains comong from Africa? I was told Durbin was the best out of there, but also heard it dont exist anymore. I am sorry if I sound blonde as I am new to the scene, and this thread got some old heads that I can gain from, mush respect, any info would be happily accepted. Oh and does Africa have a strong indica strain, or is it mostly Sative? Thanks!

Rinse

Veteran
Can one of you fine individuals help a bradda out in understanding the strains comong from Africa? I was told Durbin was the best out of there, but also heard it dont exist anymore. I am sorry if I sound blonde as I am new to the scene, and this thread got some old heads that I can gain from, mush respect, any info would be happily accepted. Oh and does Africa have a strong indica strain, or is it mostly Sative? Thanks!

The way I understand it is there are many strains and pheno's even in a small area, so Durban Im sure still exists but it would require "finding" so to speak.
Mostly they are sativa's, though there are indica's in the north, these are mostly imported.
But someone with more knowledge on strains such as Egyptian would know better.

GetUpStandUp

The way I understand it is there are many strains and pheno's even in a small area, so Durban Im sure still exists but it would require "finding" so to speak.
Mostly they are sativa's, though there are indica's in the north, these are mostly imported.
But someone with more knowledge on strains such as Egyptian would know better.
I mean I could be wrong, please anyone feel free to correct me, but does it seem that the region between africa, and the middle east is actually the place where indica, and sative actually met? I mean this was mother nature producing a new would it be geno, or pheno type?? I watched strain hunters, and their was a problem with natural breeding on the morroc, and paki boarder, these two just having orgies, I mean how can we now for sure an all sative has no indica from way back 200 hundred years ago when nature done it?

Yes clueless not saying I know shit before someone says different, just looking for some understanding. Thanks!

Green Supreme

Veteran
So far for Africans I have heard a few opinions for strongest in Africa. First one told me Malawi was the strongest. Another said African Black. I know a hardcore though and their fave is Angola Roja, so I have to think that it is strong. Although I have never tried those, I can say that I have tried Congo many times. If they are stronger than Congo, I am in. Peace GS

Rinse

Veteran
So far for Africans I have heard a few opinions for strongest in Africa. First one told me Malawi was the strongest. Another said African Black. I know a hardcore though and their fave is Angola Roja, so I have to think that it is strong. Although I have never tried those, I can say that I have tried Congo many times. If they are stronger than Congo, I am in. Peace GS

Apparently the owner of African seeds said Kariba was the strongest of the seed stock he was selling, and the only thing he knew of stronger was a giant Congo strain.
Dj Short says the strongest herb he ever smoked was African black, which in many circles was referred to as Congo black.

In my limited experience (growing in cold climate a long way from Africa) I would say Zambian is potent with a very enjoyable clear high, doesn't smash you too hard but it is trippy, creative.
Swazi is similar, Ethiopian highlands is even clearer but not as potent. I would love to try Angola Roja.
Picture of Zambian bud:

Green Supreme

Veteran
I have heard, finding actual Angola Roja beans is now an almost impossible task. The Angola Verde having taken over. Peace GS

ps. will be puffing Congo today.

bigbag

Veteran
have some very nice outdoor hybrid beans i made of Congo x Guerrilla Gold x C99/Guerrilla Gold. in fact, there going in the paper towels right now ! lol

oldbootz

Veteran
the thing with the africans is that you not looking for some weed thats going to one toke smash your brains out... you are looking for delicate flavors and fine smooth consistency of smoke, a real pleasure to the long time smoker to change from the indica hybrids. the high from majority of these strains is only in the head. some beginner smokers can even say to me that they are not high after a joint and then 5 minutes later they are having a nervous panic attack. these kind of weeds are not everyones cup of tea. they are more difficult to take indoors etc. but variety is the spice of life and i sure am not going to stop putting that extra 100% sativa plant in the grow room each round. love that shit.

bigbag

Veteran
that looks identical to the congo pheno that pops up in my outdoor hybrid ! tastes like honey/honeydew melon. another pheno i've seen, leaves arn't serrated at all, kinda stealth but the buds look like buds, hehe

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've got alot of old african seed stock and at the mo i'm going to open pollenate the durban so i should have seeds to release by the end of the year as i'm going to see how they do outdoor in the uk as well as some indoors.After that i'll be doing the same for the swazi and malawi gold which makes up 50% of my F1 Malonica(malawi gold x chronic).
I'm also looking for there ethiopian highland.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
yo matt post some pics with your adverts bro..

mummycat, thanks for sharing yo..

greensupreme, looks nice dude, real smooth smoke im betting..:D

Oldboots, thanks bro your input is much apprieciated..:)

big bag, post um up bro..

^^Congo#3 x afghan..:yummy: