What's new

Compact SOG with CFL's

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
DrBud, when did those seed plants sprout? I'm trying to figure out if mine are growing at a normal rate or not.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
jrw said:
Are you not having the bulbs closer than that?
What's you take on trying to fit the plants within ~1-2 cm from the lights?
Not neccsary?

The Pic is very Deceiving.....they are within 1.25" of lights

Pig-Pen

DrBudGreengenes said:
these are some nice pics of Chesaw flowers

Wow, can I scrape out your Tupperware? :rasta:

And, I know it's probably buried somewhere in these 32 frikkin pages and I've overlooked it a dozen times, but what fan are you using for extraction in your bloom box?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I've tried your submerge watering technique and I can't seem to get it right. All my soil floats up and out of the container, and then the plant gets crooked or sucked down into the soil. Any ideas?

Miko

bounty29, don't worry that's normal because that's what soil will do if waterd that way, even if you do 50% perlite mix. look at his photographs, 3-4 rounds he says. look at the perfectly intact labels on the bottles, now try to submerge water in the same fashion for a few times and you will see more clearly ;)

30088Budz_29APR07_002.jpg

30088budz_07oo1_037.jpg

sogdog

bounty29 said:
I've tried your submerge watering technique and I can't seem to get it right. All my soil floats up and out of the container, and then the plant gets crooked or sucked down into the soil. Any ideas?
I used a 2 liter bottle cut and full of nutes to dip 20 oz bottles into. I had to slowly dip at an angle to keep dirt in place. One of my bottles had an air pocket.It burped so hard the plant sunk like it was in a sinkhole! After fishing out ,all is well with that one lol. I found a kitty litter bucket in recycling bin. I drilled holes in bottom and 9, 20 oz bottles will fit in it with enough friction to be stable. Next time I will dip kitty litter bucket in a small rubbermaid full of nutes. My question is if I can keep the left over muddy nutes in the rubbermaid with lid on for next feeding? I would be adding fresh nutes to top off. Or would this get nasty after a while?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Miko said:
bounty29, don't worry that's normal because that's what soil will do if waterd that way, even if you do 50% perlite mix. look at his photographs, 3-4 rounds he says. look at the perfectly intact labels on the bottles, now try to submerge water in the same fashion for a few times and you will see more clearly ;)

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, would you mind clarifying? :nono:

Miko

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, would you mind clarifying?
I don't think he fed those plants by submerging bottles into nutrient solution.

What strikes me the most about his grows is that he adds 4 drops of superthrive per gallon every time he waters and he does it every other day. I'm not sure my plants would survive on this diet.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Well why don't you ask him about these things that you have issues with, instead of accusing him of lying. No need to be disrespectful.

InPotiTrust

Hey bounty29 i do the submerge watering technique the trick to it is going slow so the water rise from the bottom nice and slow.

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience Doc hope you don't mind me posting a few pics of my Cab from time to time since your the one that inspired me to do SOG.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Miko said:

:laughing: Miko..........what will they see if they submerge a Soda bottle a few times?

I'm gonna guess you must think the labels will "Fall Off"? :nono:
they are made of a plastic/poly and are WATERPROOF
the only way to get them off is to cut them you Bonehead :bashhead:

Good Day Sir....... :joint:

green_grow

Veteran
i have the same problem, the perlite and the lighter particles of soil definitely want to float up and out of the pot. will try the 'nice and slow' method, as suggested by InPotiTrust. the way i do it now is pretty messy but i see a definite improvement in the plants uptake of water/food and the plants look GREAT since i started this.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Miko said:

30088Budz_29APR07_002.jpg

I looked around and found 3 of the 4 bottles in your "Favorite Pic"
Two of those clones are still in the rotation
Just look at the Gnarly/Nasty stumps on this thing

these bottles heve been being "Dipped" for OVER a year.......So try again :spank:

"NEXT".............. :joint:

AidenFox

DBG - I just wanted to show some respect by leaving a comment for a change.

You're grows are awesome, and as everyone else says... very inspiring. :)

Thanks for everything you've contributed, I hope one day to do the same.

:)

Latest posts

Latest posts