What's new

Compact SOG with CFL's

Ok well seeing as I've been invited to stay by the Doc...

Doc if you could fill in the blanks, that would be useful:

Mother box
total wattage: ?
lights on/off schedule: ?
space: ?

Clone box
wattage: ?
lights schedule: ?
total rooting time: ?
space: ?

Veg
wattage: 530 watts
light schedule: ?
total veg time: ?
space: 8 square feet

Flower
wattage: 530 watts
light schedule: ?
flowering time: 8 weeks
space: 8 square feet
total dry weight: 2520 grams

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
simple you've got your numbers mixed up, if you click on filter below drbud's avatar you can read only his posts. I've done this multiple times, and all the info you're looking for is in there. I just yesterday compiled all his posts into a word document, because the information he has shared is extremely valuable and should not be lost.

Mother Box
total wattage: 65w Florex 42w Warm White
lights on/off schedule: ???
space: ???
3008814_different_kinds.jpg

Clone Box
wattage: 2x 13w Warm White CFL, 2x 15w Florex
lights schedule: ???
total rooting time: ???
space: ???
30088Box_Pics_07APR07_0191.jpg

(That's the mother box below the clone shelf I believe)

Veg
wattage:
light schedule: No Veg, clones flower as soon as they're rooted, 2"-3" in height
total veg time:
space:

Flower
wattage: 5x42w Warm White CFLs
light schedule: 12/12
flowering time: 9 weeks
space: 24"x14" (2.33sqft)
total dry weight: 21 grams per plant, three plants finished per week
30088Bud_box_12-10-06_00006.JPG

Tried to organize the information the best I could, hopefully DrBud can fill in the few blanks. :wave:

Last edited:
bounty29, you must have missed the Doc's last post, where he posted the numbers of his OG grow using a 430 watt son agro?

Anyway, good post I also want to know more about the Doc's current grow.

Last edited:

SkysThaLimit

DrBudGreengenes said:
Normally I teach Botany....but I can sub some Math ...

Try these #'s on for size...........

2'x4' grow space=8 sq ft

430 Watt Son Agro

3-24 plant units = 72 plants

Strains: DJ's Blueberry,S.S.S.C.'s M48...Both 8 week finishers

72 / 8 = 9 plants per week

35-60 grams DRIED per plant

We will go low and use 35 grams as our BASE #

35 Grams Per Plant X 9 plants HARVESTED per week = 315 Grams Per Week

315 grams x 4 weeks = 1260 Grams Per Month

1260 / 430 = 2.93 Grams Per Watt

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.......... I forgot the fan !

430 Watt for light and ......

20 watts for circulation fan

80 watts for Exhaust

So...........

Now

1260 grams per Month

530 watts of power

1260 / 530 = 2.37 Grams per watt

Now what Doooood?
those are my OG #'s same Guy /same Handle
Always been DrBud........

Now for REAL #'s
Cost per gram is the REAL tell of a GOOD grower.......Hold on tight here goes some REAL usable #'s
530 watts per hour X 12 = 6360 Watts per day

6360 x 60 days to finish = 381,600 watt hours

38,1600 watt Hours /1000 = 381.6 Kw total used on grow
381.6 x 6 cents(cost per Kw avg.)= $22.90 (Cost per 60 days of grow)

So now take our Grams.........

$22.90 / 1260 = 0.018174 cents per gram

Or roughly 50 cents per OZ

...owned.

Dr. Bud, when you were doing an operation like this, or even when i believe you were using your methods using a 100w, did you still use 20oz soda bottles, or some other kind of container? i apologize if this was mentioned earlier, i've read the whole thread but it may have been possible to miss one sentence in 30 pages :joint:

Last edited:

Haggis123

simple gardener said:
bounty29, you must have missed the Doc's last post, where he posted the numbers of his OG grow using a 430 watt son agro?

Anyway, good post I also want to know more about the Doc's current grow.

Jeez, man.....are you still hammering on ??
Give it a break F_r F_c_'s Sake...... :bashhead: :bashhead: :bashhead:

tngreen

Veteran
haha love the math ownage! doubters will come and go but hopefully they learned at least a little something. i for one have learned a lot and will definitely adapt your knowledge to my grow. thanks Dr.Bud, keep it green!

Simple Gardener...... Watch what you say around here, Dr.Bud has a cult like following, and your in our territory. If you don't like, or agree with anything....LEAVE. Start your own Dr.Bud bashing thread so you and all other haters can talk and fantasize about your growing skills. The goal of this thread is to INFORM and HELP GROWERS, not fight and stir S*it up. Sorry to be so frank, but this thread is turning into BS because of this. Get a life.

Dr.Bud. how's the flower cab doing? Did you ever grow those Blueberry's? I would love to see some update pics!!

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
simple gardener - I did see his last post, but that's not what this thread is about. He brought that grow up as a clear example of numbers, because you implied he wasn't able to do math.

Haggis123

madhacker83 said:
Simple Gardener...... Watch what you say around here, Dr.Bud has a cult like following, and your in our territory. If you don't like, or agree with anything....LEAVE. Start your own Dr.Bud bashing thread so you and all other haters can talk and fantasize about your growing skills. The goal of this thread is to INFORM and HELP GROWERS, not fight and stir S*it up. Sorry to be so frank, but this thread is turning into BS because of this. Get a life.

Dr.Bud. how's the flower cab doing? Did you ever grow those Blueberry's? I would love to see some update pics!!

Madhacker, I in theory agree with what you have posted.....he is stirring and trying to turn the thread into B/S.....but we do have freedom of speach both here in the U.K (where I'm at) and over the pond where you probably are.

Dr Bud, has grown a bit of a following here and I for one am in the process of building a micro-cab simillar to the good Doc's to replicate what he has done....but you can't really tell Simple Gardiner to leave just cause the guy is a bit "thick" (Simple, in plain English) and can't see what genius the Dr really is.

Just everyone ignore the guy and he will soon go of his own freewill.

madhacker83, cult-like following indeed, You seem to be void of free thought and reason.

bounty29, gotcha.

DrBudGreengenes, do you expect me to believe that you got 2.37 grams/watt/month from your OG grow? Without any mention of how you were producing clones, keeping mothers, vegging etc.?

slohemian

DrBud... Please allow me to grace your presence for a moment, i am not worthy. Im a new member, and in the quest for knowledge i came upon your gigantic thread on your ''compact sog w/ CFL's''. Needless to say, you are one with the cannabis.

I value your information greatly, and i would truly appreciate your input on my situation. I cant PM you due to 50 post restrictions, so excuse me for this out of place post.

In my thread "DIY + 1st Indoor, many questions" i discuss my situation. If you would like to go there and see for yourself you can, i will also give you a brief overview.
Ill list some goals/etc to try to make it easier for you to see what im going for.

My grow space is restricted to a closet, this is the only spot i will be able to pull off a grow and keep it incognito. I am facing some space restrictions, you're probably unfamiliar with the term so i was planning on making myself a grow tent(panda plastic + wood or pvc frame) with the dimensions of 24"deep x 45"wide x 58"tall and keeping it in my closet. I had this plan prior to finding your thread.. aside from inspiration, your method is on par with my goals. A perpetual grow, good supply of bud, etc etc. While your yields caught my eye, the way you do things is what i want to mimic. Perfect practice makes perfect, i dont expect to have yields comparable to you, but as time progresses i would like to follow your path.

So... im rethinking the whole setup. Smell is a major concern and my utmost would be fire prevention. Your plant size is exactly what im looking for, but i do not think i will have as many plants going at once. Before i order the panda plastic at a set square footage, perhaps your insight could direct me a bit. I hate looking like a fool and simply asking what the best route would be, but thats when you're asking the common man... im clearly talking to a growing god among men. So your highness,(no pun intended), if you were in my shoes, how would you approach my goal?

i still feel like im not telling you something... but there is always tomorrow to figure it out.

EDIT: this is a repost from a previous thread, it is what the dr. ordered.

I'm all for a healthy amount of skepticism, but you seem to be dialed right the fuck in so I dont know what to think.

I dont doubt your numbers, i just think people are confused about your g/w/m calculations since g/w isn't normally measured in months and increases much more than people would expect when applied to a perpetual cycle.

2.37 g/w/m seems way high intuitively, so i understand the questioning, but when people look at your numbers i dont see how they could argue.

Anyways, Dr, what i'm saying is you should be flattered rather than offended by their shock haha.

Keep up the good work K+ to you.

hello drbudgreens been following and love this thread. i would your opinion or anybody elses , would it be better to hang the bulbs down or is it better to have the lights on the side like you have.

and also for the staggered steps, do u recommend using 3 plants with 1 light lit, and then the next week another 3 with the other light lit up and so on? i would like to know how u did the staggered steps. sorry a little newbie to this cfl.

Hey Dr! Thanks for the plentitude of info you have given here and for the inspiration and confirmation that a "small time" SoG is not only feasable, but downright prefered to scroggin or other small-grow op methods. I have a couple of clones I'm waitin for to push out some roots and a cab that will be emptied out at the end of the month that is just waitin for me to start soggin. I will be putting in two plants every two weeks, there just isn't enough footprint for me to do every week (besides I don't smoke THAT much!)

Thanks again, between you and Red, I don't have to look anywhere else for my growing info!