What's new

Compact SOG with CFL's

sogdog

Is it ok to keep the muddy run off for next feeding? I was going to submerge plants in a rubbermaid and store muddy run off in it with lid on. Will this eventually get too nasty for my plants? Sorry if this question was answered before. I do not have a lot of $$$ to spend on more nutes.

k-lup

hats off to you sir, grow is sick. props on being self sufficient also, something id like to accomplish when i get older.

this thread pretty much reshaped my idea of personal growing. i definitely want to try this asap. im revegging a daank bagseed, so hopefully ill have a mommy to cut from soon.

btw dont know if you said, but are you ever planning on going public with your strain? genetics sounds top notch.

Dipping

Dipping

First, a big thank you to the good Dr.! I have learned more from reading your threads then any other. I love the just "shut up and grow" setup, no chemistry sets, no weird equipment or nutes. (which=stealth)

Having read a ton before I started my first indoor grow, I have come to suspect that it is the "dip" that is one of the biggest "secrets" Dr. Bud has offered on this thread. I have read so much about combating nute lockout, salt buildups, bubblers or hydrogen peroxide to add oxygen to the soil... The dip clears all those issues up in one simple step. :jump:

CFL grows and UVB/THC

CFL grows and UVB/THC

Having had experience indoors and out, I would love to get your opinion on this Dr. Bud....

(Can't seem to submit links... google "thc uvb and me" for the video from Marijuana Man)

(and Google "marijuana optics" for a ton of links to the article)

Basically (if the video will not work on dial up.) These state that THC is the plants sunscreen, and indoor grows which lack UVB rays (HPS for example) will develop less THC and have a more CBG/CBD dominated resin.

You can buy a CFL that emits UVB that is manufactured for reptile cages, wonder if you have ever experimented with this?

S

ScrogHog

I just read the whole thread. Amazing. The only way someone would think hes lying is if they are a lazy fuck and didnt read the thread all the way through and they dont deserve to know his amazing method of growing. :bashhead: :bashhead: :bashhead: :bashhead: :bashhead: :bashhead: <--- miko

G

Whats up doc, any updates on those strains you've been testing? Peace and thanks for so much!

This is me--> :bow: :pimp3: <-- you

the haters --> :pointlaug <---everybody

:respect:

ripOG

Hey Dr. Bud :wave:

your thread inspired me to do a micro sog of my own.

I have 10 girls in my PC right now...

Hopefully I'll pack 'er full of colas :smoke:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
hempybucquet said:
Having had experience indoors and out, I would love to get your opinion on this Dr. Bud....

(Can't seem to submit links... google "thc uvb and me" for the video from Marijuana Man)

(and Google "marijuana optics" for a ton of links to the article)

Basically (if the video will not work on dial up.) These state that THC is the plants sunscreen, and indoor grows which lack UVB rays (HPS for example) will develop less THC and have a more CBG/CBD dominated resin.

You can buy a CFL that emits UVB that is manufactured for reptile cages, wonder if you have ever experimented with this?

A long time ago.............

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
InPotiTrust said:
Hey bounty29 i do the submerge watering technique the trick to it is going slow so the water rise from the bottom nice and slow.

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience Doc hope you don't mind me posting a few pics of my Cab from time to time since your the one that inspired me to do SOG.

Post away Bro..............love to see it work for others..........thats all I want "Free Smoke For Everyone"

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Miko said:
I don't think he fed those plants by submerging bottles into nutrient solution.

What strikes me the most about his grows is that he adds 4 drops of superthrive per gallon every time he waters and he does it every other day. I'm not sure my plants would survive on this diet.

What "Plants" you have None :laughing:

AidenFox

Hey man, just a few quick questions if you have the time;

First, at any given time, how many clones would you say you have rooting?

Second, and the same, how many do you have in 20oz bottles at once?

I love how you're able to harvest 3 per wk., and I'd love to be able to do the same!

Thanks ahead of time DBG.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Well, I had a successful submerge watering today. Went slowly, and I could tell immediately how much more soil had gotten watered than previously. I'm sure the response will be very good, thanks for everything DrBud!

bounty29 said:
Well, I had a successful submerge watering today. Went slowly, and I could tell immediately how much more soil had gotten watered than previously. I'm sure the response will be very good, thanks for everything DrBud!

When you say slowly, how slow do you mean? I'm going to be doing my first submerge tomorrow and would love to do it right from the start. How long did it take for all the bubbles to stop coming out of the soil? Draining must have taken a little time as well, any idea you could share?

Sorry if it seems like I'm bombarding you with questions (I am LOL), I just want to get this right and if we all share our experience, we can take a little off of Dr. Bud and make the thread more interactive with each other.

Besides, this post gets me closer to my 50 and then I can bug you via PM!

Thanks!

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Well if you have seen my grow you'd see I was using Solo beer cups, so it's a little different than DrBud's method. I filled a pitcher up to a little past the hieght of the cups, and then put them into the water slowly, at an angle. I put the bottom inch or so underwater and waited a few seconds until I didn't feel it trying to float as much, and then pushed it down a little further, and just kept going until I had it completely under. I wasn't able to leave it sitting underwater with bubbles coming up, but I waited until the top of the soil got all muddy looking and I could see that it was fully saturated. I'm not sure where my camera is but I'll take pictures of right now, and of 24 hours ago when I fed them. They responded great, a noticeable improvement.

did my first dipping with a lil nute mix and so far so good.. :) unlike the Dr. i use a pitcher like some other people around here and it works perfect... it definitely gets rid of the mess i make when watering them like normal... and there is no wasted nutrients... pretty cool...

LST

LST

I don't think I have seen a post asking you how you keep your plants from outgrowing your cab.

Now we know! Low stress training Dr Bud stylie. There is some weight on that lady...
30088Cuttin_some_Chesaw_3-17-08_004.jpg

jrw

DrBud,

I suppose you don't transplant when growing from seed like this.

In that case, what kind of soilmix do you have in the bottles when planting the seeds?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
jrw said:
DrBud,

I suppose you don't transplant when growing from seed like this.

I do not flower anything from seed.......always clones in the flowering Box

In that case, what kind of soilmix do you have in the bottles when planting the seeds?

It's my own mix....Peat, Castings ,Compost, and some Decomposed "Tree"

tkayone

I'm very new to growing, and I'm a little unsure of which way to go.
I will be growing only for personal use and not for selling so i don't need much at all since I don't even smoke alot.
I ordered some White widow nirvana the other day. So now I'm up to the part where i gotta build the box. Or buy a ready made one

I'm not sure if i should make a box like this one. http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51381

Or maybe buy a PC case ready to go like this one which is 299$
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=281883830
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/938834/4.jpg

Would i be able to fit 9 plants (1 every week) and put them to 12/12 right away in the pc case? and have another PC case for the mother? under 18/6 at all times and just cut and maybe have a lil dome ontop of the shelf for clones.

I'm a little confused. If i can get a decent yield from the PC case and if the sog will work in it, that might be enough. I don't really need more then an ounce a month

So the question is will similar sog with 1 planted and 1 harvested every week work in the pc case? or should i just not be lazy and build the rubbermaid with 30gal boxes and have plenty of room to mess with? and have a huge box as apposed to 2 PC cases

I'm really thinking of buying 2 of those pc cases 1 for the veg/mother/clones
and one for the sog flowering. will this work?

Considering this is my first time growing, can you give me some advice?
Much appreciated...
Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts