What's new

Compact SOG with CFL's

sativo

Hey Doc, you rock :headbange I was curious what you thought about having twice the CFLs of half power instead of four of yours, if it would yield the same results? Also Doc I'm terribly sorry if I missed it but are you using Co2? Since you're a pioneer in the canna-community and everything, I say your Chesaw strain is aswell, when can we expect to see it in the seed shops? thanks for teaching us Doc!

G

GDS StonerBoy

I see they are really starting to pack on the weight. This should show the disbelievers. I'm very close to getting mines going right now, just waiting for the clones to root and the grow bags to arrive.

Doc do you think the Miracle Grow Moisture holding soil would be too hot for the clones? With 4 clones per bag, they'll be doing alot of drinking and i think the moisture crystals will be a help towards the end of the grow when they are doing alot of heavy drinking.

slohemian

Yo doc, i posted on your other thread and you told me to post it on a different one(ie this one) and i still havent received any response. I just did what you asked, but i assume you must have forgotten since you have gigantically successful plants to tend to. Look forward to hearing from you.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
slohemian said:
My grow space is restricted to a closet, this is the only spot i will be able to pull off a grow and keep it incognito. I am facing some space restrictions, you're probably unfamiliar with the term so i was planning on making myself a grow tent(panda plastic + wood or pvc frame) with the dimensions of 24"deep x 45"wide x 58"tall and keeping it in my closet. I had this plan prior to finding your thread.. aside from inspiration, your method is on par with my goals. A perpetual grow, good supply of bud, etc etc. While your yields caught my eye, the way you do things is what i want to mimic. Perfect practice makes perfect, i dont expect to have yields comparable to you, but as time progresses i would like to follow your path.

So... im rethinking the whole setup. Smell is a major concern and my utmost would be fire prevention. Your plant size is exactly what im looking for, but i do not think i will have as many plants going at once. Before i order the panda plastic at a set square footage, perhaps your insight could direct me a bit. I hate looking like a fool and simply asking what the best route would be, but thats when you're asking the common man... im clearly talking to a growing god among men. So your highness,(no pun intended), if you were in my shoes, how would you approach my goal?

i still feel like im not telling you something... but there is always tomorrow to figure it out.

EDIT: this is a repost from a previous thread, it is what the dr. ordered.

What kinda light R U gonna use?
CFl's?
Small HID's?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Dr, if you don't mind, can we get a picture of the containers? Like in your cabinet, from what's below the buds to the bottom of the cab. Thanks :rasta:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
bounty29 said:
Dr, if you don't mind, can we get a picture of the containers? Like in your cabinet, from what's below the buds to the bottom of the cab. Thanks :rasta:

Here ya go first pic is bottom .....Second pic is tops of same plants

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Thanks a lot! I wasn't sure if each bottle had a drain container, or if they were in a tub, or what. It looks like some are in a tub and some are just on the floor? That one on the left there is incredibly bushy, I assume it's a reveg?

Miko

Thanks for sharing it all DrBudGreengenes!

I'd love to read your story on Superthrive, how you find it beneficial, in what way, why and when.

Cheers!

Migrowgrower

Man I just loved this thread. Thx Doc, you are an inspiration to us all.
Its so great that I found it just as I started out experimenting with micro SOG.

Heres mine...Mandala's Sadhu F1, 12/12 from seed. 6 weeks flowering, 3 left. 1L pots and Completely organic compost and biobizz nutes fed daily in aquarium water and supplemented with epsoms and mollases . The plant in the back right is a 4 week from seed female Lowryder #2 F2 in 7L pot. 320W CFL.

Picture012_237.jpg

Looks like the little one, front right, needs staking :D She has the thickest stem of the lot too :D

MG

Last edited:

slohemian

DrBudGreengenes said:
What kinda light R U gonna use?
CFl's?
Small HID's?

Thing is doc, i want to replicate your results. I know that if you were working with a light more beneficial to your plants youd have a bit more success. I am up in the air as far as lights go. If you think i can achieve somewhere close to what you are with a strain such as sensi star WITH cfl's, i'd take that route for heat and electrical reasons. Ive read a bit on ceramic metal halides and would also consider a 150 or 250(pushin it) for a flower chamber. But is it worth purchasing a CMH or HPS when you can get what you get with your CFL's? Like i said previously my #1 concern is that its in a closet, and fires are my greatest fear. If i can keep 1 sensi star mother and take cuttings every few weeks it would work perfectly. Your operation pulls 3 plants every 2 weeks... im looking for maybe 1-2 plants every 2 weeks. Im still searching for the ideal dimensions of both boxes as well. again, thx for ur time

edit: i have this fear that if i make a box with panda plastic, i will have venting issues from simply having a weak frame/walls, such as not being able to hang a fan/run an exhaust without issues. If dimensions are less of a problem than i imagine, goodwill always has cupboards/cabinets that work great.

Last edited:
K

kidkannabis

Hey Doc amazing grow,info and techniques.Just wanted to drop in and say this is the BEST thread on ICMAG as far as im concerned. I admire your watering technique, good concept with the ebb and flow system.If i may ask though, do you use 2 buckets to do this? meaning after you flood and drain a plant(container), do you use the same water to flood another plant in another bucket?? OR do you keep the water in the same bucket and individually submerge the plants until theyre flooded and drained?? I water my plants with a sprayer...works but your technique is much better IMHO and would like to introduce it to my grow...a response is greatly appreciated.Keep up the good work, truly an inspiration. Kudos Doc.

Buds look nice and juicy BTW, whens your next harvest?

slohemian

Haggis123 said:
Why not just use a kitchen cab like the Doc's ??

Its definitely an option, i am weighing out all possible scenarios. I am trying to figure out the system i want to go with to meet my goals as close to a T as possible. So when he gets around to it, i know the doc has a prescription for me, it is how to grow chronic buds.

DrBudGreengenes said:
Here ya go first pic is bottom .....Second pic is tops of same plants

Hey Doc, are you still using 20 oz bottles cut down to 16 oz? I see in this pic that you are using Gatorade bottles instead of the Mountain Dew bottles. Are they the same size? I am using the 1 liter Dr. Pepper bottles cut down to about 25 oz for a little more leg room. That plus the fact that I can fit three 20 oz or 1 liters, but can't fit 4 20 oz across the depth of my cab. I can also only go 7 wide, so I will end up with a two week period where I'm throwing a bunch of clones into the mulch pile to keep the moms trimmed. That may be a good time to work a new mom into the rotations and pitch the used-up mom...

I am harvesting in 10 days and starting the SoG then, getting excited. :jump:

Binnacas

Hello Doc!

I'm seriously considering this sort of SOG as my future perpetual (can't start yet in my present apartment). Though scrog has crossed my mind since there would be less of the penalties to worry about.

Anyways, I just wanted to know more about the re-juv. Can you describe it more in detail and if possible could you provide some pictures of the process or just an after pic, ready to go back in the box?

Haggis123

Hi Doc,
Just a quick "Q" on re-vegging plants that you have just harvested.
Approximately how long do you re-vegg them before putting them back into flowering.
Also in vegg are you running an 18/6 or 24hr light regime ??

Best Wishes

Haggis.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Testing Seed Strains on a Micro level

Testing Seed Strains on a Micro level

Here is a pic of the seedlings I am testing.......they went into 20oz bottles yesterday.
They will really take off from here.......

4 of them are Geisha's from H3ad Seeds.......

The rest are Some recent crosses from MtnManSeedCo.
Sherry x Sour Diesel IBL
LadyG1 x Sour Diesel IBL
LadyG3 x Sour Deisel IBL
Sour Creek x Casey Jones
LadyG1 x Casey Jones
LadyG3 x Casey Jones

Spliffman

Question for DrBudGreengenes...

Question for DrBudGreengenes...

What are the advantages/disadvantages of using:

1gal pots with 4 plants per pot

-vs-

20oz pots with 1 plant per pot

?

btw - great thread! I'm designing a new closet system and this gave me some ideas.

Latest posts

Latest posts