What's new

Compact SOG with CFL's

sogdog

I've been picking through recycling bins every week for 20 oz bottles.I almost have 40.I've been drilling 10 quarter inch holes as you do.I would like to recycle my dirt as you do.How many grows will it take before my dirt is worm friendly?How many worms per gallon of dirt?I think you mentioned you used worms in another thread I was reading.What benefit do the worms have?Is it for recycling dirt?Sorry to bombard you with questions,I have not been able to find this info easily.Great pics!I really do appreciate your time here.Thank you! :joint:

sogdog

DrBudGreengenes said:
Some new pics.........3 weeks 4 day along

It looks like pure sugar coating those buds! Nothing like I buy around here.Pure sweetness! :nono: :joint: :headbange I just noticed a lady bug in the first pic in post 403.

Last edited:

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
im pretty sure Dr. uses worm castings as do alot of growers. i have hearn of ppl useing earth worms, but ya cant use strong nutes an they have to be 100% organic if i remember correctly.

ahssensi

Very interesting thread. I love a perpetual sog with the exception of the numbers thing. Good info thanks for sharing. :joint:

sogdog

This is from memory only.I believe Dr.bud said something like"If I use anything but schultz and fish emulsions the worms will come running out the drain holes". This is from memory only,not an exact quote.He had a rubbermaid tub that he would use to recycle dirt that had earth worms.I do know that my dirt has to be used so many times before using worms.I guess they'll die in sterile dirt.I think their was more info about the use of worms in the GC thread. :joint:

I think you want to have another look at those calculations...
~373 watts, 567 grams over 9 weeks = only .68 grams/watt/month... not very good at all I'm afraid, and a little embarrasing seeing as you're generating your own power?

Last edited:
G

simple gardener said:
I think you want to have another look at those calculations...
~373 watts, 567 grams over 9 weeks = only .68 grams/watt/month... not very good at all I'm afraid, and a little embarrasing seeing as you're generating your own power?

5 x 42watt = 168 watts for flowering.

You may want to have another look at those calculations.... :bashhead:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Stoners .............

Stoners .............

:nono: :laughing: :fsu: OK guys we wiil walk thru this as EZ and SLOWLY......
-----

----

----
thats Bout as SIMPLE as I can get

Dr.Bud>>>>>> :spank: <<<<<<"Simple Gardener"

Dr.Bud>>>>>> :spank: <<<<<<"Sun.is.Shining"

Programmers R "Stoners Too".....that is why "Spell Ck" and Calculator R just a left clk away...............lol

E

eLiguL

You know ive been following this thread and it just strikes me as to why so many of you people choose to post insisting that Dr.Bud is a liar. If you truly believe what he has accomplished is not real why bother post in here at all??

You have the option of not clicking into the thread but you choose to come in and detract from the thread. He is not asking anyone in here to believe him, he is just offering guidance to those who ask for it. Someone who offers guidance and nothing in return is a positive member of the community. Others who choose to offer nothing to the community and discredit those that give...... well you can decide for yourself what they are.

Id just like to thank Dr.Bud for taking the time to answer all the questions in his thread. Your a valued member of ICMAG. :headbange

sogdog

eLiguL said:
You know ive been following this thread and it just strikes me as to why so many of you people choose to post insisting that Dr.Bud is a liar. If you truly believe what he has accomplished is not real why bother post in here at all??

You have the option of not clicking into the thread but you choose to come in and detract from the thread. He is not asking anyone in here to believe him, he is just offering guidance to those who ask for it. Someone who offers guidance and nothing in return is a positive member of the community. Others who choose to offer nothing to the community and discredit those that give...... well you can decide for yourself what they are.

Id just like to thank Dr.Bud for taking the time to answer all the questions in his thread. Your a valued member of ICMAG. :headbange
Count me in as one of dem der crazy people then.I guess I'll have to start a grow thread when I get started.If I can do it, anyone could.I'm sure I'll find a way to screw it up any how lol.The members in this thread will have to save me my first time or two lol. I've read a lot of threads here and elsewhere,this one needs to be a sticky.If I only get half of what dr.bud does I'll be thrilled! :headbange

ripOG

So that's 567 gram/2.25 months = 252 g/month
and 252/210 watts = 1.2 grams/watt/month.

astounding! keep in mind that most g/watt measurements are per 9 weeks, not per month!

Last edited:
Wow, you would think they would have checked their #s before posting something like that!!! That is so stoner!

Plants are looking good Dr.Bud!! Nice and frosty. I just about have my setup ready to go which is inspired by you, I'm just waiting for clones. I have the same lights and nutrients so my setup is almost identical to yours. Once again, thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge. :rasta:

Wow, you would think they would have checked their #s before posting something like that!!! That is so stoner!

Plants are looking good Dr.Bud!! Nice and frosty. I just about have my setup (Link to it in my SIG) ready to go which is inspired by you, I'm just waiting for clones. I have the same lights and nutrients so my setup is almost identical to yours. Once again, thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge. :rasta:

Here's a pic of whats in the Cab now.

Last edited:
G

DrBudGreengenes said:
:nono: :laughing: :fsu: OK guys we wiil walk thru this as EZ and SLOWLY......
-----

----

----
thats Bout as SIMPLE as I can get

Dr.Bud>>>>>> :spank: <<<<<<"Simple Gardener"

Dr.Bud>>>>>> :spank: <<<<<<"Sun.is.Shining"

Programmers R "Stoners Too".....that is why "Spell Ck" and Calculator R just a left clk away...............lol

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Holy shit. And I had myself convinced that I was a totally functional pothead. How embarrassing. :nono: ..... :confused: ..... :kos:

Last edited:

tngreen

Veteran
loving this thread! keep proving us CFL growers can grow amazing buds! the amount of doubters is astounding to me. keep it green!

ripOG said:
keep in mind that most g/watt measurements are per 9 weeks, not per month!

Incorrect, 1 month is the standard.
Back in the day on OG, so many growers were engaging in friendly competition to see who had the best grow. Everyone knew that 1 month was the standard so, due to lazyness, they dropped '/month' from their grams/watt numbers, and eventually the newbs thought they weren't factoring time at all, and the plot was lost completely and threads like this one started to spring up all over the show.

G

simple gardener said:
Ok then you won't mind providing the total wattage of your entire grow? Lights, fans everything?

Watts of light used for flowering is the standard basis for calculating the grams/watt of a particular setup.

In fact, you posted this in another thread just yesterday. :spank:

simple gardener said:
Looking good. 1g/w is easy (just veg forever), but grams/watt/month is the true measure of efficiency. So how many grams per watt per month do you expect?

This should be interesting... good luck!

What aren't you giving the OP over there a hard time about total wattage used for fans, etc? :fsu: