What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Columbian Punto Rojo vs Columbian Gold effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goingrey

Oldtimer haze is from Sacramento, California not from Colombia
Haze crews were probably connected at that time
There was a thread explaining the Sacramento origins of Oldtimer Haze and it was deleted

Maybe you mean this (not deleted) thread: https://www.icmag.com/threads/tfds-original-haze-vs-aces-oldtimers-haze.112656/page-2#post3217372

So yep, Oldtimer's Haze is from Sacramento, but probably bred with Colombian genetics. Separately but around the same time as Original Haze was being bred in Santa Cruz with Colombian genetics.

xet

^^ I might need some CS to help my brain. Not sure what to give Maha Kala. Laxative?
It reminds me of Chihuahuan or Tijuanan Spanglish. Especially the horse reference.

Before an hour ago I thought it was common knowledge the Colombian landrace is rather easy to obtain still growing well in it's many varieties in Colombia. Mango Biche, Santa Marta, golds, reds, etc

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The older smokers and growers know what the Colombian cannabis was like back in the day.

Sadly Colombia got hammered by the DEA /CIA because of the coke plants aerial spraying took out cannabis to.

Saying that like the old Thai and other old lines they spread far and wide when they exported flower to the recreational markets globally and with flower came seed.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Being familiar with MX weed grown north of the border .......

It was called Ditch weed

Because

Junior high and high school Kids

Grew MX brick seed (depending on batch ... combination of MX, colo, peru, panama, etc)

in ditches

and sold it at school

hence

Ditch weed
okay, but I am sure our horse thinks it is low grade, that every mexican variety compared to his mythical punto rojo is low grade. which I dont think. I think they are unique on its own, they may be less strong than colombian, I dont know. but sure I love oaxacan lines and it is top quality weed.

It reminds me of Chihuahuan or Tijuanan Spanglish. Especially the horse reference.

Before an hour ago I thought it was common knowledge the Colombian landrace is rather easy to obtain still growing well in it's many varieties in Colombia. Mango Biche, Santa Marta, golds, reds, etc
true, there are some lines, but none of it is 3 tokes antisocial trippy like mushrooms needle punto rojo from horse mouth. so where is it??? or maybe it is just teenagers memory, which is now, after 40 years, half fantasy hehehe.

tell me where are such reds available and I will grab it LOL

because for example 60s red colombian from snowhigh is not trippy and it is stoniysh social weed. I have nothing against such weed. but it is not trippy punto rojo from horse mouth.

trippy thai was preserved here and there. but this mythical punto rojo I dont see it anywhere. I mean, according to hourse narration, it was 3 tokes super strong and super trippy weed. every batch of it. and this leads me to think that memory is fake. or it is not possible that some memories are fake? and I lean more to dj short memory about colombian red, not because it is dj short and he is my idol and I lick his balls etc. but because that such red lines, as dj short describes, were "preserved" somehow. like that red colombian from snowhigh. but where is that horse punto rojo? it exists only in narration. logic leads me to think that. logic allows to conclude information you dont know, from information you know.

some horses can think I am attacking them, but it is not attack when you dont believe in internet person words, right?

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
^^
I can barely read true, something you seem to share. I said the smell and taste were switched compared to DJ, not that they were not there. A minor point, the main difference was that the one sample/it was top grade btw, I had of the gold was not too trippy or fun. Just energy. He loved the high. The CG I have grown lately outdid it by quite a bit.
okay, sorry, I see. that opposite thing mislead me. not sure if the word "opposite" has this switching meaning in english? I understand word "opposite" as contradiction.

I apologize, even despite laxative compliment, which was very low class imo.(n)

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
please ROms, dont talk with me like some mentor which you are not... you dont know colombian genetics at all via its hybrids or pure.

Lol i'm a king man calm down your rican mentor. I never grown Mexican indeed but for Colombian yes, Red, Gold and Black from the Vibescollective 10 years ago. And 20 years ago i smoked some Colombian Gold kind import from my Colombian girlfriend in Paris (RIP Yolanda) Sadly i was not grower and cultivated at that time because i had some seeds from her buds gift, the high was clear energic and good positive spiritual without ceiling but at that time i preferred Congo weed much more trippy and killer. Crazy experiences with my Afro musicians friends and their Congo black herb in the forbidden catacombs, Colombian smoke then helped me greatly to calm down and feel less afraid about paranormal attacks that we had known.

and another thing you may know about this horse, that he is huge hater of US culture or counter culture. while there is real cannabis culture in US...

I'm also a huge hater of pseudo rican big mouth small brain, US made counter-culture mostly with cannabis and not true respectful culture and you are a victim of this paradigm i think. May you will score good Gold kind to clean up that before score some uncomfortable Black! Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: xet

funkyhorse

Memories can be treated in different ways. You can treat them western style and throw all your memories and emotions you dont like in the emotional toilet and flush them or you can do eastern style and gather all your past experiences good or bad in a place I call The Great Akasha where they are alive as long as you are alive and are there for you to pick at any time to look and learn from, something like Kung Fu series
It doesnt matter if it is 1 day old, one year old, 5 years old or 40 years old. Those are all past experiences and belong to the past to never be lived again. What you do with them is your own business

There was a civil war in Colombia and strains went extinct. So the Punto Rojo from the 80s is gone
There was something in common with all those trippy weeds. They were all bricks and had a fermentation process. I believe what made them trippy is the curing method used, with some strains making a huge difference when fermented compared to others that dont change much. And I believe Tangwena has the best weed of Icmag and I believe the weed from the 80s can be recreated mastering the fermenting cures
@Donald Mallard Have you tried Tangwena's weed? You have fermented as well. Did you like it? Did you find a difference with the non fermented weed you had?

I think you should channel your anger to yourself and transform it into something positive, turn that anger into the fuel to make better weed and learn to ferment. Once you learn to ferment, search for the better fermenting strains.

Epigenetics say it is impossible for weed and plants to stay the same as before the colombian civil war. South America is an agricultural disaster. When i left in the 80s soil was black. Today soil is grey because of so much agrotoxics being used. Food is not the same. You cant find anymore the food of the 80s. And same with weed. Quality went downhill culturally too

Sacramento sativa may have been made from colombian seed fron the 70s. When grown at lat 38N they get selected and only the plants that adapted survived. And 14 generations or so later plants are not colombian anymore and they perform as if they are naturally form lat38N

Mangobiche from Cannabiogen is extinct. Only seeds left in some fridges of people who might never grow them
Seeds were collected in Colombia in 2010 after the civil war. And selected to adapt to that environment and went very heavy sexual pressure in Spain. So when they come back to their continent plants need to get readapted, they are not colombian anymore. And anyway it will be never the stuff from the 80s
Mangobiche CBG
Mangobiche cbg (7).jpeg
Mangobiche cbg Veg box.jpeg

Mangobiche CBG green and purple phenos side by side
Mangobiche cbg green and purple.jpeg

Adaptation problems, Mangobiche PM. One plant out of 11 is not bad
Mangobiche cbg (8).jpeg

Mangobiche TLT made in Colombia by Criposo if I understand correctly on 21st century well after the civil war was over. Different line from CBG. It also has green and purple phenos. Similar top shots. No problems at all of fungus or mold. If this stuff is good or not I will know in november but it clearly makes a difference to have genetics from the same continent, much better adaptation
Mangobiche TLT
Mangobiche tlt (6).jpeg
Mangobiche tlt (7).jpeg
Mangobiche tlt (8).jpeg
Mangobiche tlt (9).jpeg

Sacramento sativa green oldtimer haze. It was described by someone who smoked the same weed I smoked at that time in my own slang as little trippy. I hope that is what I will find. I have a better understanding with people who smoked the same weed as I smoked in situ at Landraceland and we generally agree
OT 1 girl 2 (2).jpeg

Double California Smoh july pheno 1 x CG72. It is crossed to Oldtimer Haze for Triple California if this experiment is any good. it doesnt matter if this is good or shit. What is important is to try and keep searching until hit jackpot
Smoh x cg72 (5).jpeg

You can only be angry with yourself if you have trippy seed in your fridge and grow blueberries, maybe change strains? That weed is not hitting you well, you are clearly unhappy and unsatisfied. Try growing and fermenting proper sativa weed

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I'm also a huge hater of pseudo rican big mouth small brain, US made counter-culture with cannabis and not true respectful culture and you are a victim of this paradigm man. May you will score good Gold kind to clean up that beIfore score some uncomfortable Black! Cheers
who do you think by that mentor of mine????????????

I am glad I know, you are hater. your description of colombian is nothing like what your friend horsehater describes...

I agree that congo genetics is more trippy than colombian. but not very happy to agree with hater though.

it has to be counter culture and it will be counter culture. I think that existence of counter culture means that society is free and healthy. non existence of counter culture means repressive system. I lived in totalitarian system and there was not possibility of counter culture or under huge danger of lost of personal freedom. US counter culture produced incredible kind of art, alternative life styles, which is hugely admired in France too, and great cannabis. produced great breeders like skunkman or dj short. I dont see anything big mouth on their work...

colombian weed was about cartels and mafia, thats what you admire, right?

Last edited:

xet

okay, but I am sure our horse thinks it is low grade, that every mexican variety compared to his mythical punto rojo is low grade. which I dont think. I think they are unique on its own, they may be less strong than colombian, I dont know. but sure I love oaxacan lines and it is top quality weed.

true, there are some lines, but none of it is 3 tokes antisocial trippy like mushrooms needle punto rojo from horse mouth. so where is it??? or maybe it is just teenagers memory, which is now, after 40 years, half fantasy hehehe.

tell me where are such reds available and I will grab it LOL

because for example 60s red colombian from snowhigh is not trippy and it is stoniysh social weed. I have nothing against such weed. but it is not trippy punto rojo from horse mouth.

trippy thai was preserved here and there. but this mythical punto rojo I dont see it anywhere. I mean, according to hourse narration, it was 3 tokes super strong and super trippy weed. every batch of it. and this leads me to think that memory is fake. or it is not possible that some memories are fake? and I lean more to dj short memory about colombian red, not because it is dj short and he is my idol and I lick his balls etc. but because that such red lines, as dj short describes, were "preserved" somehow. like that red colombian from snowhigh. but where is that horse punto rojo? it exists only in narration. logic leads me to think that. logic allows to conclude information you dont know, from information you know.

some horses can think I am attacking them, but it is not attack when you dont believe in internet person words, right?
By and large I adhere to the philosophy that the plants are individuals.

Is it possible to meet calm smoking individual plant? And another trippy? And another energetic?

Is it possible for a farmer to raise a whole family of crazy children?

So then could a field gain a reputation for a trait which was closely monitored to express above the other expressions.

Like dogs, or horses, when there are many born, only few will truly be outstanding.

Plants will be this way.

And when a clone of a plant is kept and shared over a length of time it will gain a reputation as representing all of this genetic line and unfortunately it could have taken 30-3000 beans to track down that individual and others will have a very lackluster growing and smoking experience in comparison with this sort of "I did not hit the lottery jackpot!" type of mentality with the landrace they have grown.

You are correct there are many repeating their teenager memories because the Mexican weed grown in the ditches by teenagers was the worst most awful thing ever presented as smoke. It was beans thrown in a ditch, never monitored, harvested way too early, way too green, all grassy, no real high whatsoever, and gained an awful reputation as a result for many many hundreds of thousands of people who were subject to this ridiculous practice.

Honestly I believe this has created a very wonderful opportunity to accumulate these amazing genetics for free because so many still have these old South American landrace seeds at their home being years and decades old from all of the south American nations as far south as Brazil and as far north as Chihuahuan desert and even the Georgian Chatahoochie forest.

Naturally some landraces will lean toward effects which the other landraces will not show at all either.

Mexican plants like we know became famous for being tortured and stabbed with sticks and sorts of ridiculous stories which were totally true and not myth whatsoever it was a practice passed down from generations and these plants could produce the most terrifying highs and I can also confirm the most terrifying highs .. and . . red hairs.

So here is my point in this.

So many people were getting bagseed from south of the US Border knowing Colombian import was coming but not knowing what was Colombian because everything was mashed into the same press but not always in the same batch or the same period of time.

So the famed trippy red hair very well could have been the Mexican confused as Colombian because as far as I know the red of the Colombian is not nearly as deep and dark of a blood red as the Mexican.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
You can only be angry with yourself if you have trippy seed in your fridge and grow blueberries, maybe change strains? That weed is not hitting you well, you are clearly unhappy and unsatisfied. Try growing and fermenting proper sativa weed
bullshit

I am not hater, and I think that haters are unhappy and unsatisfied, thats why they hate, right? hahaha. go cry about USA elsewhere and stop to grow genetics they bred there like some sleazy hypocrite, and dont use internet, it was developed in USA LOL when you hate them so much

how can political propaganda got into talk about cannabis? what is your problem?

when it happened that you changed to sativa expert, while few months ago you called me a "master" like some intelligent and now give me advice what to grow? what? you have new career as clown?

so what is this logic. dj short is selling books, so he lies to sell it, that means he lies about everything. wow.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
By and large I adhere to the philosophy that the plants are individuals.

Is it possible to meet calm smoking individual plant? And another trippy? And another energetic?

Is it possible for a farmer to raise a whole family of crazy children?

So then could a field gain a reputation for a trait which was closely monitored to express above the other expressions.

Like dogs, or horses, when there are many born, only few will truly be outstanding.

Plants will be this way.

And when a clone of a plant is kept and shared over a length of time it will gain a reputation as representing all of this genetic line and unfortunately it could have taken 30-3000 beans to track down that individual and others will have a very lackluster growing and smoking experience in comparison with this sort of "I did not hit the lottery jackpot!" type of mentality with the landrace they have grown.

You are correct there are many repeating their teenager memories because the Mexican weed grown in the ditches by teenagers was the worst most awful thing ever presented as smoke. It was beans thrown in a ditch, never monitored, harvested way too early, way too green, all grassy, no real high whatsoever, and gained an awful reputation as a result for many many hundreds of thousands of people who were subject to this ridiculous practice.

Honestly I believe this has created a very wonderful opportunity to accumulate these amazing genetics for free because so many still have these old South American landrace seeds at their home being years and decades old from all of the south American nations as far south as Brazil and as far north as Chihuahuan desert and even the Georgian Chatahoochie forest.

Naturally some landraces will lean toward effects which the other landraces will not show at all either.

Mexican plants like we know became famous for being tortured and stabbed with sticks and sorts of ridiculous stories which were totally true and not myth whatsoever it was a practice passed down from generations and these plants could produce the most terrifying highs and I can also confirm the most terrifying highs .. and . . red hairs.

So here is my point in this.

So many people were getting bagseed from south of the US Border knowing Colombian import was coming but not knowing what was Colombian because everything was mashed into the same press but not always in the same batch or the same period of time.

So the famed trippy red hair very well could have been the Mexican confused as Colombian because as far as I know the red of the Colombian is not nearly as deep and dark of a blood red as the Mexican.
I agree with everything what you wrote. I was just reacting to bullshit talk from horse :D he stated for example that US growers had never got their hands on first grade, only second, more third grade colombian... so in this logic all those lines we have today, is watered down version, including hazes he is growing LOL

I got all colombian seeds I have from USA. thank you folks!!! much respect!

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Memories can be treated in different ways. You can treat them western style and throw all your memories and emotions you dont like in the emotional toilet and flush them or you can do eastern style and gather all your past experiences good or bad in a place I call The Great Akasha where they are alive as long as you are alive and are there for you to pick at any time to look and learn from, something like Kung Fu series
It doesnt matter if it is 1 day old, one year old, 5 years old or 40 years old. Those are all past experiences and belong to the past to never be lived again. What you do with them is your own business
crazy bullshit

why I wouldn't like trippy punto rojo? when it would be real. why? what I dont like is that you spread your bullshit around without any proof, making some 40 years old teenager memory a reality, just because you want? do you understand that memory dont have same degree of reality as present reality?

Last edited:

romanoweed

So, if a Teenager tips on Ayahuasca, then, why not just let this Memory be what it is?
Well, you want to avoid that people chase those Lines, so they EVENTUALLY would get dissapointed if theyre older.

Anyway,
I personally had an Ayahuasca like Cannabis trip . And i dont give a damn, if someone would spend energy finding old Vietnamese, and gets the same Degree of weed, and finds out that its only nearly as good. (only a bit Hallucinogenic)

Like funkyhorse said those unwashed out genetics are rare, and its time to rather encourage saving them if you ask me.

Cause if we dont, there will be no strong hybrids probably.. Cause if somebody has passion, and goes to highest degree of Wok, sweat and pain of accurately replicating a Strain, like a perfect Copy, then its most probably a Landrace lover..

So, ..
And the Landrace that you listed are all not really undilluted, nt bad tho! but not even close to a first Generation high Class Thai from the 70s, or such.. Theyre not on that level..
Cannabis has a very steep Intensity Curve. Any experienced Guy, even HYbrid Guys would probably gree. Its like all of a sudden you get a very very special Smoke that hits you as intense like another Drug..

Those moments are rare in LAndraces, and rare in Hybrids IMHO, and your mentioned Strains , i dont think theyre representative.
I tell this as a longtime hardcore hunter of Tripweed.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
colombian weed was about cartels and mafia, thats what you admire, right?

Sorry you are far of understandings, like an US history and counter-bad-culture full of violence, disrespect, terrorism and thefts over the world. Colombian or Mexican culture defends themselves simply, and they are like ancestor who is insulted by his last grandson,

Hopefully few US ones save the give on the scene like Tom Hill who reproduced pure, too bad that he haven't preserved pure old school sativa. Anyway from South America to South Africa and Asia authentics are and will be alive in good hands far of the industry, just in dormancy for the next peace age after the big one soon come.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Columbian Gold Dry Sieve d.jpg

Here is a big chunk of compressed Columbian Gold dry sieve. I don't know the background story as to why it's so compressed, like hash. I've been nibbling on it for a week now, and can vouch for it's potency.

It has an intense sativa high, but different from most modern sativa's that are out there. For some reason, it has a more sedative euphoric dream like effect on me, especially when enjoying multiple hits. Just like it did when I first tried some in the 70's. In comparison, I recently sampled some Blue Goo dry sieve which is a sativa hybrid, and the high is different.

Blue Goo - Pixie Dust.jpg

As for taste, it's absolutely sensational. Intensely sweet, with spicey hints of frankincense & black pepper overtones. One hit instantly teleports me back to my High School hippie days. Another way to describe it would be it tastes like sweet gold.....:smoker:...... with extra terpenes that have been seasoned with spices.

Leaving a bag open in your shirt pocket is a great way to meet new friends......:smoke:.....everywhere you travel.

Columbian Gold Dry Sieve e.jpg

RMS

:smoweed:

Attachments

• Columbian Gold Dry Sieve e.jpg
    Columbian Gold Dry Sieve e.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

romanoweed

e Tom Hill who reproduced pure, too bad that he haven't preserved pure old school sativa
thats the craze, i as lontime hunter follow any lead i find. and ive seen thai i recall that tom hill is growing. yep looked like oldschool thai with coloration..

Thats the insanity, some old stoners seem to really have very authentic stuff. they still pop first generation seeds today. gooeybreeder ..
he seemed to be atleast discussing the latest 70sThai he sprout. They have the best, but rarely share, and IF they share, the next guy also dont share, ive seen such things.. they always seem to be hoarded as a general rule.. lol, its actually not funny.

Or Swamiseeds Gascanistan, has a wonderful 70s thai, has 70s vientmaese.. its really making me a bit headscraching when they relase it as outcross only.. like the Viet x Columbo x AFGHANI. so sad..
Its their decision, but, yeah, tss

He even talks about the wonderfull vietnamese how potent it is, its just unbelevable at times

Status
Not open for further replies.