What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Columbian Punto Rojo vs Columbian Gold effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goingrey

Memories can be treated in different ways. You can treat them western style and throw all your memories and emotions you dont like in the emotional toilet and flush them or you can do eastern style and gather all your past experiences good or bad in a place I call The Great Akasha where they are alive as long as you are alive and are there for you to pick at any time to look and learn from, something like Kung Fu series
It doesnt matter if it is 1 day old, one year old, 5 years old or 40 years old. Those are all past experiences and belong to the past to never be lived again. What you do with them is your own business

There was a civil war in Colombia and strains went extinct. So the Punto Rojo from the 80s is gone
There was something in common with all those trippy weeds. They were all bricks and had a fermentation process. I believe what made them trippy is the curing method used, with some strains making a huge difference when fermented compared to others that dont change much. And I believe Tangwena has the best weed of Icmag and I believe the weed from the 80s can be recreated mastering the fermenting cures
@Donald Mallard Have you tried Tangwena's weed? You have fermented as well. Did you like it? Did you find a difference with the non fermented weed you had?

I think you should channel your anger to yourself and transform it into something positive, turn that anger into the fuel to make better weed and learn to ferment. Once you learn to ferment, search for the better fermenting strains.

Epigenetics say it is impossible for weed and plants to stay the same as before the colombian civil war. South America is an agricultural disaster. When i left in the 80s soil was black. Today soil is grey because of so much agrotoxics being used. Food is not the same. You cant find anymore the food of the 80s. And same with weed. Quality went downhill culturally too

Sacramento sativa may have been made from colombian seed fron the 70s. When grown at lat 38N they get selected and only the plants that adapted survived. And 14 generations or so later plants are not colombian anymore and they perform as if they are naturally form lat38N

Mangobiche from Cannabiogen is extinct. Only seeds left in some fridges of people who might never grow them
Seeds were collected in Colombia in 2010 after the civil war. And selected to adapt to that environment and went very heavy sexual pressure in Spain. So when they come back to their continent plants need to get readapted, they are not colombian anymore. And anyway it will be never the stuff from the 80s
Mangobiche CBG
View attachment 18717236 View attachment 18717239
Mangobiche CBG green and purple phenos side by side
View attachment 18717238
Adaptation problems, Mangobiche PM. One plant out of 11 is not bad
View attachment 18717237

Mangobiche TLT made in Colombia by Criposo if I understand correctly on 21st century well after the civil war was over. Different line from CBG. It also has green and purple phenos. Similar top shots. No problems at all of fungus or mold. If this stuff is good or not I will know in november but it clearly makes a difference to have genetics from the same continent, much better adaptation
Mangobiche TLT
View attachment 18717240 View attachment 18717241 View attachment 18717242 View attachment 18717243
Sacramento sativa green oldtimer haze. It was described by someone who smoked the same weed I smoked at that time in my own slang as little trippy. I hope that is what I will find. I have a better understanding with people who smoked the same weed as I smoked in situ at Landraceland and we generally agree
View attachment 18717244
Double California Smoh july pheno 1 x CG72. It is crossed to Oldtimer Haze for Triple California if this experiment is any good. it doesnt matter if this is good or shit. What is important is to try and keep searching until hit jackpot
View attachment 18717245
You can only be angry with yourself if you have trippy seed in your fridge and grow blueberries, maybe change strains? That weed is not hitting you well, you are clearly unhappy and unsatisfied. Try growing and fermenting proper sativa weed

Beautiful flowers! Sorry to hear about the PM.

14 generations in a different environment will for sure have a drastic impact on a variety. Then again, only something that was there in the first place can be selected.

romanoweed

Especially gooeybreeder, i naild him with requests for a while. thougt he would get me some old Thai, relatively friendly guy, , but i never get anything from him, i was the closest talking with him, he has igood old Genetics, he concentrated on SE Asians, but Middleamerican too, sad sad sad

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Sorry you are far of understandings, like an US history and counter-bad-culture full of violence, disrespect, terrorism and thefts over the world. Colombian or Mexican culture defends themselves simply, and they are like ancestor who is insulted by his last grandson,

Hopefully few US ones save the give on the scene like Tom Hill who reproduced pure, too bad that he haven't preserved pure old school sativa. Anyway from South America to South Africa and Asia authentics are and will be alive in good hands far of the industry, just in dormancy for the next peace age after the big one soon come.
shit man, that is some political propaganda, brain washing. what the fuck people like dj short have common with CIA?

I was talking about counter culture.

"counter culture is a subculture whose values and norms of behavior differ substantially from those of mainstream society"

I am not interested in discussing politics with you. the reason I am here is cannabis.

enough of bullshit, I want trippy colombian seeds right now! hahahaha 3 tokes and effect like mushrooms.
and yes romano I want ayahasca weed too hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha :D

I like this bullshit like I smoked trippy PR in 80s but there was civil war... and it is lost, doesn't exist anymore.. but I smoked it and it makes me so special and extraordinary. and you? you cant smoke it.

there is interesting question. coming to me. why those not so trippy and stonyish colombians were preserved to this day, even there was civil war, and like purposely that trippy one was lost?

who has trippy colombian? any experiences with it recently? just talk about cannabis, not about you.

Last edited:

romanoweed

yes, and i talk about links too, where i seen trippy weed (wther or not we talk now about Columbian ). yeah, ive heard guys still have good Genetics way better Stuff than on any Vendors site (i mean im not uptodate with snowhigh)

So yeah, i talk about links too, but if anyone emphasizes on "its all untrue". i thne mostly paddle back with my links.
Would a guy be more inviting and interested in preserving, i would give him everything, including my Seeds .

So, it mostly stays links, tip offs whats best, or links others didnt find, plus trying to share truth about Effects of the strongest drug on earth: Cannabis (same level like ayhuasca)
. you get what you desrve, (in the case of you, well, a few links maximally)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
okay I dont deserve it, but anybody has it? I know you dont have anything, just endless talk about it. zero work, shitload of posts.

romanoweed

i dont anwser any Question that come in that Tone. Again, pricipially everyone can just write me "hey r, what you found? i preserve things, and need something good" but 90 percent of time all i get is ... desinterese or such. no problem , thats ok. but there you go.. then i dont share things , of corse not

and yes, some people have like said everything alive, mostly..

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
that's your problem, I share things. that question was not for you. it is for people who know something. not for those who know nothing hahahah.

sincerely I didnt look for trippy punto rojo so hard, as I heard about it from one guy. he is kind of pseudo expert like you. so I have my doubts about it.

romanoweed

yes, i share too, with persons with like said, will to preserve, and no bad behaviours.. someone ranting per Example doesent yeald much more then the better unknown links or tip offs, of corse not

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Altitude is the main cause for trippy and strong effects, Gold become Red and Black according highlands fields. Simply UV, atmospheric pressure and temperature that increase resin production, density and properties. That's why Colombian Black or Red are more precocious than Gold.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah sure it helps, but it has to be that genetics, or you think that red colombian from snowhigh, which is social euphoric weed grown at Hawaii, can be antisocial trippy weed grown in colombia?

it is genetics. and that genetics came to Colombia from somewhere. if we know it, then we can find it in the place of origin, in case it is lost in Colombia, right?

I know where it is... but I cant say it, because romano can read it hahahahahhahahahaha

xet

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
It has an intense sativa high, but different from most modern sativa's that are out there. For some reason, it has a more sedative euphoric dream like effect on me, especially when enjoying multiple hits. Just like it did when I first tried some in the 70's. In comparison, I recently sampled some Blue Goo dry sieve which is a sativa hybrid, and the high is different.

r

sedative euphoric is another way to describe colombian effect. it is the most usual description of colombian sativa effect, I read. about trippy colombian I read very rare to none. thank you for nice read.

romanoweed

there was an older icmag Thread, where they had a very similar Discussion, and tried to etermine if Columbain, Panama , or Mexican was the most intense, special , trippy.
There were quiet a few older Stoners discuassing. At one Point they asked themselve if one was like a Trip, and neither one of them gave a very conclusive Anwser. Its also possibly sue to a certain degeneration of Weedtransports.. However, noone gave a clear Yes, and all three Contries were rather a bit different then just a Trip.. HOWEVER, i have certain trust, that unadultered true Mexican might been the Trippiest..

That info comes from two Sources, one of them literally got sold Mexican Tripweed under this Nametag in the 70s. It is to note that i very rarerly heared this Therm used (besides in modern Threads)

Thats all i can say, Mexican was special acording those Sources,,,

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
There was something in common with all those trippy weeds. They were all bricks and had a fermentation process. I believe what made them trippy is the curing method used, with some strains making a huge difference when fermented compared to others that dont change much. And I believe Tangwena has the best weed of Icmag and I believe the weed from the 80s can be recreated mastering the fermenting cures
@Donald Mallard Have you tried Tangwena's weed? You have fermented as well. Did you like it? Did you find a difference with the non fermented weed you had?

I think you should channel your anger to yourself and transform it into something positive, turn that anger into the fuel to make better weed and learn to ferment. Once you learn to ferment, search for the better fermenting strains.

u can only be angry with yourself if you have trippy seed in your fridge and grow blueberries, maybe change strains? That weed is not hitting you well, you are clearly unhappy and unsatisfied. Try growing and fermenting proper sativa weed
hey funky,
yes i have tried tangs weed ,
he came to my place a few years back when i harvested a zamal plant , and he showed me the process he does ,
i sampled some of the herb he had with him ,
the only part i didnt like was the fact it tasted a bit like the corn cob he wrapped it in ,
otherwise , yes it was great stuff indeed ,
im no stranger to fermented stuff though , we have accidentally done it many times here,
probably more common happening with sativas and growing in the tropics ,
im fairly sure the thai sticks we all enjoyed back in the day also underwent a similar curing method to a degree ,
i discussed this at length with tang ,
we had a great afternoon swapping stories and sampling his cobs,

i was surprised at the speed they affected him after he consumed them too ,
he eats it rather than smoking , hence not bothering about that corn husk taste i guessed ,
the high came on quite quickly i noted ..
when i made my own i did it as per the method he showed me,
but i left out the corn husk ,
and made things a bit similar to those old thai sticks ,
the pot i used was a little dryer also , mostly dry , but the stem was still retaining some moisture when i sealed them ...

its certainly an interesting method that can change the high of your cannabis to something quite different , and is similar to speeding up a cure that might take 12 months or so , but only takes 3 at the most to get the same affect ...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Altitude is the main cause for trippy and strong effects, Gold become Red and Black according highlands fields. Simply UV, atmospheric pressure and temperature that increase resin production, density and properties. That's why Colombian Black or Red are more precocious than Gold.

I think sun intensity helps a whole lot of strains but not the only thing happening and each strain can be different for that I think. I have Michoacan that I grow in my tent and it is the same as I had from Mexico in '74 and I assume mountain grown. They grew in the mountains to hide from the cops, not to grow trippy weed.

UV at high altitude being the only thing that causes a trip effect is in doubt as well. Overall sun intensity could be the real reason for a change in effect. weezard here from Hawaii thinks that and he has experience with pot from way back to now.

Given the choice, I would grow all my trippy strains outside at the highest elevation I could find. quote: Black or Red are more precocious than Gold? You mean stronger I take it? I would guess altitude is not a factor and it is the fact that the sun at high elevation is stronger and is causing the shift in chemical composition of the cannabis. I am sure the Hawaiian that tripped me out and others, could have been grown at sea level. Hawaii is at 19 latitude as I recall, and the sun is super intense at sea level.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
The New Columbian Gold

Khiron-Life-Science-Columbia-Cannabis-Now.jpg

Khiron is planning a global cannabis strategy beyond its Latin American base.

For all the talk of federally legalizing cannabis in the US, sometimes one fails to take proper stock of the progress that’s being made beyond our borders. If one manages to keep tabs on Canada and monitor the prospects for legalization in Mexico, the focus is still too rarely tuned into what’s happening outside of North America. Be it science from Israel, shifts in public approval across Europe or Latin America’s rosy prospects as a major international exporter of cannabis, there’s undeniably a plethora to be gleaned by paying close attention to other markets.

At least that’s what Alvaro Torres, founder, director and CEO of Colombia’s Khiron Life Sciences Corporation is betting on.

Founded in the wake of the Congress of the Republic of Colombia’s 2016 decision to approve a regulatory framework for a national medical cannabis market, Khiron states it’s one of “three or four” companies currently licensed to cultivate the plant for sale in the country providing product to more than 90 percent of Colombia’s medical cannabis patients.

“When medical cannabis came along a few years ago,” Torres says, “I just knew it was here to stay, that it wasn’t a trend, that it was going to be here for the next century.”
As part of this plan, Torres correctly anticipated that establishing an export element to his business would provide Khiron with seemingly limitless opportunity to expand as other countries and government bodies join the steady march of nations ushering in new eras of cannabis reform. “My approach was to create a disruptive force to improve the quality of life for people in Colombia, because that’s where I live, and then the rest of Latin America,” he said.

Khiron Director & CEO Alvaro Torres in Columbia. Khiron Life Sciences Corporation Director & CEO Alvaro Torres in Columbia.
To underscore this effort, Torres, a self-proclaimed Greek mythology fan, decided to name his company after the centaur known as the patron saint of pharmacies—a creature who, according to legend, once taught Hercules about medicine. “I didn’t want to create a company that was based on marijuana or cannabis,” he says. “I wanted to create a company that was about improving the quality of people’s lives.”

Over the past five years, Khiron has made great strides in accomplishing this goal. Today, the company has various deals and strategic relationships with at least six countries. In December 2021, Khiron opened a clinic in London, and Torres estimates that half of Khiron’s cannabis sales will come from Germany in 2022.

They’re also expanding within Latin America with clinics in places like Peru and Ipanema, Brazil. When it comes to cultivating the product for sale, Khiron’s position as a Colombian exporter couldn’t be more ideal. Beyond the fact that the country’s proximity to the equator makes for longer growing cycles and desirable conditions, Colombia also provides access to two oceans, plus cost-effective labor, water and energy.

The bigger challenge comes from the regulatory side, which is why Khiron hired one of the people responsible for crafting Colombia’s cannabis regulations to serve as its vice president of regulatory affairs.

Khiron workers cultivate from the brands Bogotá’s location.
Juan Diego Álvarez recalls that he was studying for his PhD in public health law at Tulane University in New Orleans when he got a call from Colombia’s Ministry of Health asking him to come home. The reason? They needed help shaping the regulation of medical cannabis in the country. In 2017, after two years, he left to join Torres at Khiron, where today he oversees all that goes into being compliant as a prominent international cannabis brand.

“One of the reasons I left the ministry to join Khiron was that my approach to medical cannabis was more focused on how you ensure patients have access to a safe product, and the government was thinking more about how to position Colombia as a leading exporter of raw material,” Álvarez said.
Indeed, in speaking with Álvarez and Torres, they repeatedly take the conversation back to Khiron’s focus: First and foremost, Khiron is dedicated to providing the best possible access for Colombian medical cannabis patients. And, on that front, they’ve already helped usher along some rather incredible advances.

First, in July 2021, the Colombian government decided that patients could access medical cannabis at any drugstore in the country. Before then, there were some 1000 locations legally permitted to dispense it. Then, in December the same year, the government decided to make it mandatory for insurance companies to cover the cost of all medical cannabis products. This latter ruling went into effect on January 1, 2022, making Colombia only the second country on the planet—along with Germany—to offer such a program.

“That happened because of the work that Khiron has done with the government,” Torres said. “Everybody talks about brands a lot, but in the end, a brand is a connection with a consumer or a patient. That connection is what’s going to be important, not the design of our label. We must always try to make it better for the patient and easier for the patient to get the medication. That’s how you build a brand—the rest is just cannabis.”

Columbia’s proximity to the equator makes for longer growing cycles and desirable conditions.
As for the immediate future, Álvarez is currently keeping a close eye on Mexico as Khiron’s next major market to tackle. Though legalization remains a work in progress there, the presence of former president Vicente Fox Quesada on Khiron’s board suggests that something may be imminent.

At least for now, however, the US isn’t a top priority market for Khiron, due to concerns of oversaturation and lack of access. But neither Álvarez nor Torres is closing the door on one day bringing Khiron to America. Whether or not they ultimately export product to the US, both men feel they’ll always have something to offer in the form of the invaluable data they’ve collected through their clinics in Colombia and other markets.

“We’ve been collecting a lot of data about how cannabis interacts with other types of drugs, how cannabis works in different concentrations and with different pathologies,” Álvarez said. “This is information that’s not generally available, and it’s going to be one of the keys in the future by offering cannabis products and treatments to patients in any jurisdiction. Of course, this is something that was created in Colombia, but now it has a global face and global potential use.”

SOURCE: https://cannabisnow.com/the-new-colombian-gold/

RMS

:smoweed:

GoatCheese

Veteran
sincerely I didnt look for trippy punto rojo so hard, as I heard about it from one guy. he is kind of pseudo expert like you. so I have my doubts about it.
Pseudo expert..
..quite rich coming from you, Maha.

Little over a year ago you were telling people on Hempy’s Haze thread that Nevil’s Haze plants have 25% of NL5 in them. LOL!!
Yea, that’s how genetics divide in crosses –equal amount of genetics from the parents in each plant, right Maha.

And then you pretend to be a know-it-all and others are pseudo experts. What a joke.:laughing:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Little over a year ago you were telling people on Hempy’s Haze thread that Nevil’s Haze plants have 25% of NL5 in them. LOL!!
Yea, that’s how genetics divide in crosses –equal amount of genetics from the parents in each plant, right Maha.

goatcheese you funny clown LOL you never grew nevilles haze... you have no clue what you are talking about LOL that is very much definition of pseudoexpert, didnt grow it, only read about it LOL I grew tons of NH, look to my albums you clown.

you are very well known pseudoexpert on sativas too, as you never never grew any LOL g13haze is not sativa okay? plus you are one of the biggest clowns on this site. complete idiot too.

some quote from hempy:

Yes nevilles haze is 75% Haze 25% NL5 but strain info says that but the point is neville haze uses real haze.

Run along now bean.

hahaha did he say: yes, 25% of NL???? so I guess he is pseudoexpert in your pseudoexperts eyes too.

haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah :laughing:

Last edited:

GoatCheese

Veteran
Don’t bring Hempy into this.
You clearly have a thin skin, cause you can’t talk about the silly claims you have made without talking about what someone else said. Hempy has nothing to do with this, so why bring him up. Be a man, Maha. quit acting like an upset little boy.

Don’t call people pseudo experts when you ‘re not the sharpest knife in the kitchen yourself. It doesn’t look too good on you. Dig it?

It would be just as stupid to claim that if you cross Columbian Gold and Punto Rojo, that every plant of that cross would have 50% of the genetics from the Gold and 50% from the Rojo parent in every seed you grow! This is basically what you said about NH and the NL5 in it.

...do the crosses you make at home work that way? I bet they don’t. So it was a dumb claim, who don’t you just admit it.

No..
I haven’t grown pure NH – and i never will - cause i don’t like the NL5 stone IN SOME OF THE PLANTS, nor am i fan of Hz A male effect either.
..but i have smoked pure NH from De Dampkring in Adam and i can assure you there’s not 25% of NL5 effect in every NH plant like you claimed, goofy.

PS.
You seem to remember the convo we had in the Haze thread, cause you remembered me using my G13Hz plants as an example (= the g13 affie effect isn’t equally noticeable on every plant, not even close), but when i pointed out your dumb claim back then you never replied anything to that, but now you bring it up 1½ years later. See what you are made of?

...which just shows you’re an arrogant pseudo expert with a sensitive ego.

I’ll leave you guys to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts