What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer's Haze

funkyhorse

This was the last seed to sprout from the Green Oldtimer Haze pack, it took 8 days to show first root on paper towel
I thought on the beginning it was a runt, but the plant kept growing, it just have a little different leaf than the rest
It is like corrugated leaf, it has clear relief I hope can be seen on the pictures
OT 1hz (2).jpeg
OT 1hz.jpeg

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
This was the last seed to sprout from the Green Oldtimer Haze pack, it took 8 days to show first root on paper towel
I thought on the beginning it was a runt, but the plant kept growing, it just have a little different leaf than the rest
It is like corrugated leaf, it has clear relief I hope can be seen on the pictures

That is an interesting specimen. Good luck!

Theorganicguy

Why not grow 12/12 from the start then? That should help control the size of these jungle plants.

I laugh when I see people vegetating pure Sativas for too long in
big pots and they don't have a clue how big these plants can get.

:biggrin:

IMHO starting straight from 12/12 from seed doesn't make much of a difference to vegetating for a couple of weeks and switching thereafter. Reason being that a seedling can't start flowering before it has developed enough hormones, unlike clones, which are (usually) sexually mature.

If your aim is to maintain size under control, you should take clones and flower them, instead of trying to rush a maturation process that will have to take place anyway before the plant is able to go into flower. It goes without saying that these condition are almost limited to tropical genetics. Some hash plant genetics will produce dwarf plants if grown with 12/12 or less, such as Erdpurt. The smallest Erdpurt I've ever "flowered" from seed was one I had sprouted in October on my windows hill with less than 10 hours of light, was already producing pollen in November and all of this being short of 12cm.

Just my two cents :wave:

troutman

Seed Whore
IMHO starting straight from 12/12 from seed doesn't make much of a difference to vegetating for a couple of weeks and switching thereafter. :

Next time, try a few at 12/12 from the start and a few the way you normally do and tell us there's no difference. :biggrin:

Most of the plants I grow are pure Sativas. Small pots also really help conrol the size of jungle plants.
Don't try 12/12 with Indica plants though or they can remain very small I agree. I was refering to doing
pure Sativa plant types under 12/12.

Theorganicguy

Next time, try a few at 12/12 from the start and a few the way you normally do and tell us there's no difference. :biggrin:

Most of the plants I grow are pure Sativas. Small pots also really help conrol the size of jungle plants.
Don't try 12/12 with Indica plants though or they can remain very small I agree. I was refering to doing
pure Sativa plant types under 12/12.

Why not? I am always in the mood for experiments :dancer:

Meanwhile, here's some OTH towering in the tent. Lots of purple coming through.

IMG_9933.jpg
IMG_9935.jpg
IMG_9937.jpg
IMG_9936.jpg
IMG_9938.jpg

funkyhorse

My Purple Haze x Thai and Green Hazes are sexing
I have the same figures for both. 3 girls and 1 boy and both have one plant coming behind still sexing
These are the boys, they are in 1,3 liter pots
Purple Haze x Thai, in the back is an early Mangobiche male
PH x T boy.jpeg

This is Green Haze male. Over 2,10 meters tall in a 1,3 liter pot
LemonApricot #1
grenn haze boy.jpeg

He looks similar to this homemade Seedsman Haze backcross boy {Seedsman Hz July pheno x(Seedsman Hz x Ohz90)}
Smoh bx 1 boy.jpeg

For size comparison, the first 2 are Seedsman Hz backross boys and in the back is Green Haze boy
Smoh bx 1 and green haze.jpeg

Girls are all outdoors at the greenhouse. 2 Green Haze girls are in a 35 liter veg box and 1 is in a 20 liter pot. PH x T has 1 girl in veg box and 2 girls in 20 liter pots, all of them are growing in recycled tomato soil and 15% of some added fresh compost and a couple of spoons of avian compost
On the left is PHxT girl 2 in a pot and Green Haze in veg box on the right
PH x T and green haze.jpeg

This is the PHxT girl 3 in the veg box
PH x T 3 Veg box.jpeg

And this one is Green Haze girl 3 in 20 liter pot
Green haze 3.jpeg

Have a nice week everybody

funkyhorse

I have been reading this thread from 2009 which is from then same year as the seed I am growing
I totally agree with this post, it is clearly not a 2022 problem, but today is even worse because at 2009 there were still some stuff to be saved, I feel I arrived to the growing world 20 years late at least. Better late than never...
Yes charlie, it's so repetitive to talk again and again about the same plant.
Haze is a very unique sativa line but it's not the only one worth to preserve or to talk about. The modern genetic reduction of sativa being mainly haze have had very low benefit for genetic sativa diversity in commercial lines.
Today's commercial sativa legacy is lame and how we did arrive to this point?

The message of haze is to cross your best pure sativas to try to find something real special, but not to grow same genetics for the past 30 years.

We must be more open minded and experience the sativa mixes by our self. Again, a good haze is magnificent but we must find other nice sativa combinations, with different genetics to arrive to different lands, different tastes, highs and experiences about sativa.

but plants are plants, and the plant talks by itself.

Dubi, I sprouted different seed from around that time and the sprouted seed from yours clearly says you have a developed sense of trascendence
That thread is nothing else that manipulative semantics. Because if semantics are important, then most cannabis pure lines should be renamed
In that thread I learnt this Green Haze is from Sacramento,California from around the 70s
I will call this line Sacramento Sativa. Or Sacramento Sativa 70s if you like. And the other line from California called Original Haze should be called Santa Cruz Sativa or Santa Cruz Sativa 70s and please let all breeders and keepers of the plant enjoy their life or rest in peace and I think attaching personal names to a plant is a matter of egos.
The manipulation and bastardization of the name haze is such that today we are having dulce de leche haze, indicas or sativas without any connection are being called haze.
Naming pure lines after location and year of collection/making like the wine industry does would certainly be a progress towards better pedigree and quality rather than naming after people names and all the egotrip involved in this

My last Green Sacramento Sativa 70s sexed today, the special specimen is a boy!!:woohoo:
Green haze male 2.jpeg
Green haze male 2 (2).jpeg

And from Purple Sacramento Sativa 70s x Meao Thai 2009 batch, my last plant sexed and is a thai leaning boy!!!:party:
PH x T male 2.jpeg

I couldnt ask for better numbers, 3 girls and 2 boys from both strains, this will be an exciting autumm
Have a nice weekend everybody

Piff_cat

funkyhorse those green males are incredible. ive noticed the reinforced vein on top of the large weeping willow hazes are great quality for selection. the extra lignin contained in these leaf veins and stems go right along with hollow stems as a great qulaitative selection. ive got to think that protecting the males until the girls were ready to take pollen was extremely important in the wild. alot of the indochina/laos/mynamar sativas will have males that tower over the female plants. you will also see monochieous drug cultivars out there which is rare. snowhigh found some in a bamboo like "rocket lao" arms were either pollen or pistils but not both lol. sounds like its rough out there for the sativa males! heres a pic of the soma g13 haze c with the same armor leaf pattern. pic is ojd
soma1male.jpg
somamale.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts