What's new

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

i WASN'T baked when I wrote that post :)

the question is: does a dispensary/caregiver even give a sheit if a patient immediately changes caregiver for whatever reason?

As soon as you sign them on, they are set for a long long time with the 2 Z's and 6 plants on your behalf. The poor overwhelmed folks at the registry are so far fricken behind that patient change notices take a long time to reach the caregiver. Can you imagine the data entry and paper work from "thousands of new medical patients every month" - Boulder Weekly; not to mention all the questions being fielded by that office from emails and phone calls all day. Then they have to track each caregiver and patient; along with caregiver change forms.

How could a caregiver get busted for a few patients that left for another caregiver and they're still "growing out 6 plants for them"? It takes months (if ever) for the registry to reconcile the changes.

Next.... how would law enforcement even know how many patients a caregiver has? That list is protected by the Colorado Constitution. These days cops don't want anything to do with busting a legit medical garden cause odds are, they'll lose and have to pay for plant loss/damage, etc...

Oh and then there's that little Jason Lauve case... please lemme hear an AMEN!!! if you think that was an important case?!

So what's the fricken point? Once you sign on as patient, they will be growing out 6 plants and holding 2 z's of bud for ya for a long, yes dear friends... long time. All they NEED is for you to sign them on once. It's gonna get harder and harder for the registry to track caregiver changes as patient counts reach 100K+ much sooner than we think.

Oh and just one more thing... what do you think you're signing when you fill out those ever-present forms each time you shop at some dispensaries? Read it closely and then read ammendment 20 for the definition of a 'caregiver'. That's right, from a balls-to-the-wall legal perspective in court for these guys, you just signed them on whether you knew it or not. They need your signatures, it is their lifeblood. but who cares? I certainly don't, let caregivers grow and grow and grow...up the supply - drive prices down. The Lauve case just showed me is that ultimately I decide how much medicine is right for me (within reason of course) and where I choose to get it.

i totally understood the question;)...think everyone else was baked..no offence to any of you! I think thats par for the course for most of us!

B

BlackThumb

i WASN'T baked when I wrote that post :)

the question is: does a dispensary/caregiver even give a sheit if a patient immediately changes caregiver for whatever reason?

Amendment 20 is not perfect.
I would suggest you already know the answer to your question.
You're smart. Just be honest, law abiding and do the right thing.

Peace

Last edited:

Marshmello

Amen-Brother.jpg

MtnKuSh

QUESTION..ILLEGAL DISPENSARIES..?

It says in the rules :

The caregiver must be a person, not a business, corporation, etc.
The Registry does not License Dispensaries.

wouldnt that meen that any dispensary,shop,clinic that is selling to anybody with a med card is doing so Illegaly.

isnt a caregiver only supposed to give and sell meds to those listed as their patients that they are caregiving for, and patients only get meds from there listed caregiver.?

alphaguru

but seriously if you have visited more than one dispensary then you have signed for many cargivers, and I'm almost positive there is going to be a change due to this.

but for realll

grow on, theres not enough weed to go round anyways

alphaguru

It says in the rules :

wouldnt that meen that any dispensary,shop,clinic that is selling to anybody with a med card is doing so Illegaly.

isnt a caregiver only supposed to give and sell meds to those listed as their patients that they are caregiving for, and patients only get meds from there listed caregiver.?

good question

anyone>>?

Marshmello

There has got to be some way around that otherwise there wouldn't be this rush to open a store front and flood the market with over priced meds.

SweetBOG

yes of course do the right thing and be honest. this wasn't a question of honesty... and yea, it was rhetorical. caregiver change forms are a beaurocratic waste of time for all parties involved -it's a flaw in the ammendment in our favor.. a legal loophole the size fo a barn! given current laws, caregivers only need you to sign them on once. just get you in their door.

i'm not saying people should dishonestly sign on with caregivers to reap discounts. i'm really saying that handing out discounts is unnecessary on the part of the caregiver. it seems more of a tactic to get you in the door to sign them on so they can expand their new and exciting enterprise with more product. and again... fine by me! the more good buds the better.

just want to call a duck a duck and get things out in the open.

alphaguru

yes of course do the right thing and be honest. this wasn't a question of honesty... and yea, it was rhetorical. caregiver change forms are a beaurocratic waste of time for all parties involved -it's a flaw in the ammendment in our favor.. a legal loophole the size fo a barn! given current laws, caregivers only need you to sign them on once. just get you in their door.

i'm not saying people should dishonestly sign on with caregivers to reap discounts. i'm really saying that handing out discounts is unnecessary on the part of the caregiver. it seems more of a tactic to get you in the door to sign them on so they can expand their new and exciting enterprise with more product. and again... fine by me! the more good buds the better.

without a doubt. the lawyers who wrote the law have openly stated that they wrote it that way for a reason and that they would sue the state if they tried to change it

MtnKuSh

It says in the rules :

* if a patient signs someone as there caregiver can the patient still grow for there self and have the caregiver growing for them at the same time ?

* if a patient has a caregiver..can the patient still get meds elsewhere or only from the asigned caregiver?

* can the caregiver go and get the meds from differant dispensaries for the patient.?

* if you are a cargiver how many plants can you grow and how much are you allowed to carry/hold/sell and to who..anyone with a card ?or just your patient.?

* can a caregiver,dispensary sell as much as they want and carry as much as they want and sell to as many card holders as they want?

* to open a dispensary,clinic and sell to patients you have to be and have what..just be a reg caregiver?

Marshmello

Mike from Green Mtn has stated somewhere on the board that he has an appt. with their Atty. tomorrow morning, whom also helped author the bill.
I will be asking these and other questions tomorrow and will post the responses that I get.

alphaguru

* if a patient signs someone as there caregiver can the patient still grow for there self and have the caregiver growing for them at the same time ?

yes this is called a primary and secondary caregiver. you and someone or two people besides yourself

* if a patient has a caregiver..can the patient still get meds elsewhere or only from the asigned caregiver?
yes. its called a grey area man. a loophole in the law

* can the caregiver go and get the meds from differant dispensaries for the patient.?
you mean if they are just a caregiver and not a patient?

then yes. that is the essentially the caregivers job although some dispensaries might turn you down

* if you are a cargiver how many plants can you grow and how much are you allowed to carry/hold/sell and to who..anyone with a card ?or just your patient.?
you are allowed to sell hold carry as much as you are legally allowed by patient numbers. there is no limit on the number of patients a caregiver can have currently.

technically you are supposed to only sell your meds to a patient, but obviously this is another part of the grey area

* can a caregiver,dispensary sell as much as they want and carry as much as they want and sell to as many card holders as they want?
yes

* to open a dispensary,clinic and sell to patients you have to be and have what..just be a reg caregiver?
to open a dispensary you need a business application, tax id's for federal state and city and I would say at least 8 patients (allowing you 2 lb's) which is the very minimum you could get away with

B

BlackThumb

I never questioned your honesty.

Amendment 20 is imperfect and may be exploited by a minority.
With any luck those that exploit the Amendment will be put out of business by legal holders of MMJ cards before the law makers jump in and really screw things up

For the continued peace and comfort of all Colorado MMJ holders let please this sleeping dog lay.

Thank You.

Peace

alphaguru

With any luck those that exploit the Amendment will be put out of business by legal holders of MMJ cards before the law makers jump in and really screw things up

what such minority do you speak of?

I'm not sure you get it but the people who wrote the law, just prevented such things from happening last month. The law isn't going to change anytime soon.

If the state tries to change the law they will be sued by the people who wrote the law

MtnKuSh

what i am thinking and have been thinking for a long while and you guys have ragged on me for it..but..im thinking it is Illegal to own or operate a dispensary and sell meds to anybody that walks in your business door with a medcard only.. the rules are being broken and you are> violating your rules of a caregiver<< and if so you bet there going to drop the hammer..and soon, i think they are so over loaded they cant do much now but they are well aware of whats going on.> im down for getting legal and dispensing myself..but this got me wondering now. grnmtn need to ask and i am making a few calls myself

SweetBOG

For the continued peace and comfort of all Colorado MMJ holders let please this sleeping dog lay.

Thank You.

Peace

i hear and respect your concerns. I, for one, am DONE living in fear. I am DONE whispering in dim corners about our beloved herb. for the laws to drastically change and put Colorado MMJ holders' peace and comfort at risk, a new ammendment needs to be voted on by the public to append ammendment 20. I just wanna know the grey area if i ever need a defense.

i'm done making the original point tho so thank you all for listening.

B

BlackThumb

what such minority do you speak of?

I'm not sure you get it but the people who wrote the law, just prevented such things from happening last month. The law isn't going to change anytime soon.

If the state tries to change the law they will be sued by the people who wrote the law

Oh no my friend I "get it"
I understand the Amendment and the proposed changes that were considered last month.
Thank you for asking.

What I do not get is why we need to punch at the obvious holes in the Amendment on an open forum when we should all get it the first time with a simple read.

I am now fueling a fire I was trying to extinguish.

Carry on I'm gone.

Sorry if I bothered anyone.

Peace

MtnKuSh

what i am thinking and have been thinking for a long while and you guys have ragged on me for it..but..im thinking it is Illegal to own or operate a dispensary and sell meds to anybody that walks in your business door with a medcard only.. the rules are being broken and you are> violating your rules of a caregiver<< and if so you bet there going to drop the hammer..and soon, i think they are so over loaded they cant do much now but they are well aware of whats going on.> im down for getting legal and dispensing myself..but this got me wondering now. grnmtn need to ask and i am making a few calls myself
let me show the skillz in the brain that never sleeps..>>>>
eather way im thinking the SALE or Buying or Taxing of Marijuana is ILLEGAL..and violates your rules as a caregiver.. and as far as the tax your paying in the dispensary they are not taxing it as marijuana they are taxing the sale as a sevice like a massage or such not as a medicine..to despense medicine of any kind you would need to be a pharmacist..and even a dr can not sell you meds eather. caregiver should care for a person as stated in the REG or supply grow for that person that is it.. he can not and shall not sell to anyone card holder or not!!

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
there is no rule / regulation... on how a card holding med user can obtain their meds. there is nothing in the amendment that prohibits the sale or transfer (within the legal amount quoted)from one legal cardholder to another. nada!
paying taxes is just the right thing to do if you want to be legitimate.
by not paying the tax, you are in an essence creating an illegitimate transaction that would fall under the black market category.