What's new

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

M

milehighmedical

I'm pretty sure... if we're lucky pikespeak might stop in to clarify. He was able to get a letter from his doctor to allow him 24 plants, to have enough to supply his medical needs. It all depends on your doctor... the state law says "or however much medically necessary" or something to that effect. So what other way to validate that than a doctors note?

The real question is... if the DEA leaves any MMJ patient alone that stays within "the" limits. Do they recognize this new, alternative, unique-to-you limit? If not, I'm not even remotely interested in pursuing it. 100% compliant here.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Yes, it is my understanding that one can get their plant count increased with a specific note on the application form from the doctor.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Yes, you CAN get your plant count increased by either a letter or notating in the appropriate space on the form. What rudeboy is asking is if the rumor of being able to have 25 plants if you're turning them into edibles is true. THAT sounds like somebodys blowing smoke, IMHO...

pikes peak 69

You can have as many as you need to treat your condition. I recommend that your DR write you a letter or put it in the comments section of the app. The is no limit to what the Dr can write. I know a patient that his Dr wrote him a letter stating that he had Drs permission to grow however much he needed, Period.
If the Dr feels that you need more then the State GUIDELINES, then he can state that. If you eat, make lotions or other ways other then smoking, you will use more and you can explain that to your Dr.
Even if you don't talk to your Dr and you have more then 6 plants. If charged you can plead an affirmative defense and then you must prove why you need that much. Getting your DR on board before hand is way wiser.

HTH
pp69

BudGood

Veteran
Well, thought I'd share an experience with a dispensary I went to today in Springs. The ad in the Independent proclaims it to be "the best dispensary in State of Colorado". I go there, meeting a guy who identified himself as "Big Mike". I had called beforehand and asked if they would require me to sign them as my caregiver in order to shop, which they said no. Alright cool. So, I walk in the place, very nicely appointed place, you can tell a lot of money was sunk into this. Anyhow, I'm filling out my paperwork, and I look up, and see the prices. 70 an 1/8, 450 an oz for top shelf. It was decent, but not worth the price. When I tell the guy never mind, he gets kinda huffy and tells me I wasn't going to find better meds anywhere or something like that. I tell him, very politely, that that is robbery and I won't pay it.

As I'm leaving, he says "Theres the owner, you can talk to him about prices" to which I replied "I won't haggle with you guys, you're not getting my money period." The owner was an younger yuppie asian fellow, driving a brand new Audi suv. I understood immediately the reason behind the 70 dollar eighths. The website is coloradocannacare.c0m, the address is 1675 Jetwing Drive. I would avoid this place like the plague, just another person with $$$ in their eyes, and patients needs nowhere in their minds. Seriously, I can't even believe they would look at me with a straight face when I questioned the prices. I can get meds of similar quality on the street for 40-50 an eighth, why bother going to a dispensary?

If you pick up the Independent, you'll see their ad. I tried going to Epic Medical Caregivers, not gonna be open til the 31st. Marisol Therapeutics told me that in order for me to shop there, I had to sign them as my caregiver, "thats the law", to which I replied "No, it isn't. Thats probably just your attorney being overly cautious and costing you $$$. Most other dispensaries don't require you to sign them on as caregiver." So, consequently, I didn't go there. I ended up going to The Highlands Cooperative, picked up some Purple Goo. Very cool guys. Anyhow, just figured I'd share that with you guys, spare you the waste of time going to that joke of a place. :fsu:

mandatory minimum for cultivation of 100 plants

mandatory minimum for cultivation of 100 plants

The real question is... if the DEA leaves any MMJ patient alone that stays within "the" limits. Do they recognize this new, alternative, unique-to-you limit? If not, I'm not even remotely interested in pursuing it. 100% compliant here.

i think if you stay under 100 plants you'll be ok with the feds in co. in cali i hear that # goes up to 1000 plants?

There is a five-year mandatory minimum for cultivation of 100 plants or possession of 100kgs, and there is a ten-year mandatory minimum for these offenses if the defendant has a prior felony drug conviction. Cultivation or possession of 1000kg or 1000 plants triggers a ten-year mandatory minimum, with a twenty-year mandatory sentence if the defendant has one prior felony drug conviction, and a life sentence with two prior felony drug convictions. To avoid a five-year mandatory minimum, it is advisable to stay well below 100 plants, including any rooted cuttings or clones.
http://www.safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=2638

P

Paco

bummer bud...
I think we will keep hearing these stories while the scene builds up. there are always people out there for their own advancement, and then there are the others like us who are out to help. This sounded like my experience with Cannabis medical LLC.
Places like these will get swallowed up by the competition.
You should said your goodbyes, cuz they wont be around long with prices like that!

great report BudGood. The Highlands Cooperative guys have always been real cool and knowledgeable when i talked to them.
how was the Purple Goo?

pikes peak 69

I know Big Mike. He's been to my house and lives less then 3 blocks from me.
It's unfortunate that he sounds like working at that disp has him all turned around.
He is a very cool guy when he's not there.
I'm NOT defending that place or the owner Mike C. as I also think it's all about the money there.

On another note I know a patient that goes to that place and allthough thinks it's a lttle pricey, has NEVER complained about the quality for the price.

Either way let's all grow our own and put them guys out of business.

pp69

BudGood

Veteran
PP69, to be honest, I had no problem with him. He treated my friend and I with respect, which I appreciated. The prices just irked me, but he had no control over them. I couldve gotten a 10% discount for signing them as my caregiver, but that just wasn't what I wanted. All in all, it was a nice place, very professional, but until they get their prices out of the clouds, they won't be recieving much business, except for people who have $$$ to burn. I do not, so I must find the best prices for my meds. I've been out for quite a while, and it sucks, I end up taking more pain meds, and I would rather just smoke. Anyhow, like I said, I feel big mike was a cool guy, just has to work for a rape artist. Everybody has to make a living.

Clonedoc, the Goo is very nice. I picked up an 1/8th of it, my friend got a quarter. Has a very good taste and high. How is the Juliet taste and highwise?
Sounds like a sexy cut! :joint:

Clonedoc, the Goo is very nice. I picked up an 1/8th of it, my friend got a quarter. Has a very good taste and high. How is the Juliet taste and highwise?
Sounds like a sexy cut! :joint:

you really can't go wrong with a strain named "Purple Goo":tongue:.

after 2 years of taste testing the Juliet still seems pretty complex to me, it's mango/pineapple with a light sweet herbal rose infusion followed by a very skunky diesel funk. sometimes i taste Cinnamon and sometimes vanilla mixed in there too. it smells like diesel and the high is up & active. it works better for pain than muscle spasms for me. :joint:

BudGood

Veteran
you really can't go wrong with a strain named "Purple Goo":tongue:.

after 2 years of taste testing the Juliet still seems pretty complex to me, it's mango/pineapple with a light sweet herbal rose infusion followed by a very skunky diesel funk. sometimes i taste Cinnamon and sometimes vanilla mixed in there too. it smells like diesel and the high is up & active. it works better for pain than muscle spasms for me. :joint:

No doubt, the name caught me, when I smelled it I was sold. :D

Man, talk about a complex taste! Sounds TASTY! :party: What kind of pain do you have? I get chronic pain from migraines and scoliosis (the scoliosis causes occasional spasms as well), and I find good sativas can help fend off or stop migraines, and kill my back pain without making me ready for bed like indicas (I take immediate release oxycodone otherwise, strong stuff, but it's the only other thing that works...). How does that cut yield and how long to finish? :lurk:

pikes peak 69

Hello BudGood,
Yea I was just giving my impression of Big Mike. And of was not defending the place at all. I had heard about their prices and at 70 you would have got away cheap. Others have paid 85 1/8. I guess it pays for the fresh fruit and shit.
Well I have a meeting to go to tonight. Supposed to be some cool people there.

pp69

BudGood

Veteran
PP69, yeah, he seems like a cool guy. 85 an 1/8th! wow, the meds looked good, but not THAT good! :D I have a meeting to go to tonight as well. Coincidence? Muhahahaha! :D

M

milehighmedical

$85 is even a little high for Texas prices. And that's fucking Texas.

...should be ashamed to ask that.

Most I've payed in a dispensary was $65 an eighth... it was the first one I ever went into in Denver and they were just doing by the gram for $20 on the high-grade.

still2big

thats the whole damn problem man....high grade pot is expensive BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL!!!!...in most places

Now you want to open a store and sell shit at above street prices??? I realize the cost involved with the store and blah blah blah but charging REALLY sick people $65 for an 1/8 of LEGAL WEED should land you a nice spot in hell selling ice water for $65 a glass....:fsu: