What's new

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
$85 is even a little high for Texas prices. And that's fucking Texas.

...should be ashamed to ask that.

Most I've payed in a dispensary was $65 an eighth... it was the first one I ever went into in Denver and they were just doing by the gram for $20 on the high-grade.
$85 an 1/8th that sounds like highway robbery!

G

guest123

Heya clonedoctor420... do you work for a dispensary/delivery service?

edit: oops, now i see your myspace link! Thanks.

still2big

the Juliet is an insane yielder. i have a picture of a 2 pound tree on my myspace page. she will finish between 52-60 days depending on your preference and method of growth. :joint:

Tried to check out your myspace pics but couldnt find the link. Ill be moving up to CO in november so ill shoot ya a friend request then.

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
What kind of medical records do the docs in colorado need to have in order to write a recommendation? I get muscle spasms and restless leg - wife has carpal tunnel that locks up her whole arm with some nasty burning pain. I don't have med records, she does. Would either of us qualify in CO?

We'll be out there next week to check the place out - looking forward to moving by the first of the year.

feltonmuggs

You don't necessarily need medical records to get MMJ registered in Colorado. It can help, yes. I went with records, and was told I went way above and beyond most people who are referred to the THCF.
If you can convince a doctor you have a condition that requires MMJ, and he signs your forms and you pay your fee, etc you can be legit.

High

From the THCF site:

"Our physicians require that each patient have current medical records that document the existence of one of the conditions for which medical marijuana is authorized under their state law. You must either obtain your medical records yourself (which may involve a fee) and bring them in to us, or you may authorize that your medical records be faxed or mailed to one of our offices. Please BE SURE to clarify with the doctor's office that you only need 2-3 visits of chart notes pertaining to your qualifying condition, NOT your entire medical record. Have them include any relevant x-ray or MRI reports (not actual film), and also YOUR name and phone number.

Since our doctors are consulting with patients solely about their qualification for medicinal cannabis, and can not act as a patient's primary physician, we require that all of our patients have at least one other current physician."

http://thc-foundation.com/colorado/

Cheers.

NONE at our shop!
We have a Dr. that will be in our shop on Wednesdays, and some other days as well, that can establish an initial contact, make a diagnosis, and then will write a recommendation (if you qualify) all in the same visit. Walk out the door with meds the same day. No prior records required!

Hit me up for details.
Mike

What kind of medical records do the docs in colorado need to have in order to write a recommendation? I get muscle spasms and restless leg - wife has carpal tunnel that locks up her whole arm with some nasty burning pain. I don't have med records, she does. Would either of us qualify in CO?

We'll be out there next week to check the place out - looking forward to moving by the first of the year.

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Well, I'd send you a pm, but you need a higher post count for that. BUT... Sounds like you're my new best friend. lol... See ya soon.

M

milehighmedical

Good work GrnMtnCare... that's a valuable resource for a lot of patients. I've met a lot of people lately that have some pretty shitty medical conditions but have never even been diagnosed because they don't have any health care and can't afford to go to the doctor over and over again. These people have a very hard time with no existing medical records as a result of not being able to see a doctor in the first place. But with the opportunity to explain yourself in one visit, it can be much more economical for a patient that otherwise couldn't see a doctor a dozen times to reach a conclusion, for financial reasons.

Every Wednesday?

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Good work GrnMtnCare... that's a valuable resource for a lot of patients. I've met a lot of people lately that have some pretty shitty medical conditions but have never even been diagnosed because they don't have any health care and can't afford to go to the doctor over and over again. These people have a very hard time with no existing medical records as a result of not being able to see a doctor in the first place. But with the opportunity to explain yourself in one visit, it can be much more economical for a patient that otherwise couldn't see a doctor a dozen times to reach a conclusion, for financial reasons.

Every Wednesday?

And that's the main reason I don't go to the doc's.

Wednesday evenings from 5:00 to 8:00, Also Saturdays from 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Feel free to call the shop 303 953 9231 for more info.
Mike

Every Wednesday?

booya

hey everyone ... I have my card but I want to grow more and possess more than the state law magic numbers (caregiver status aside). I have heard around that you can have more plants, more quantity legally and that obviously references this:

(4) (a) A patient may engage in the medical use of marijuana, with no more marijuana than is medically necessary to address a debilitating medical condition. A patient's medical use of marijuana, within the following limits, is lawful:

(I) No more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana; and

(II) No more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants that are producing a usable form of marijuana.

(b) For quantities of marijuana in excess of these amounts, a patient or his or her primary care-giver may raise as an affirmative defense to charges of violation of state law that such greater amounts were medically necessary to address the patient's debilitating medical condition.

Sounds to me like the quantity / plants thing is hard defined by the numbers we all know and love: 6 total, 3 "producing usable medicine", 2 oz of possession. If you are a caregiver you get 3/3+2oz more per patient.

Again INAL but it sounds like to me, if you get busted, you can defend yourself with the "medical necessity" thing ... in court ... with the help of your doctor.

I guess ideally, I would have in the "comments" section of my recommendation something to the order of "Patient requires more than state maximum allowed plants"... does that happen? Is that what I want? Or is the "medical necessity" thing (and hoping your Doc will come to court) the only out?

Thanks!!!!

JWH-018

I guess ideally, I would have in the "comments" section of my recommendation something to the order of "Patient requires more than state maximum allowed plants"... does that happen? Is that what I want? Or is the "medical necessity" thing (and hoping your Doc will come to court) the only out?

Yeah, basically they do that. Though the doctor will write a specific higher number of plants, like say 18 from what I know. Some do it on their letterhead as a different piece of paper - that's what I have.

I had wanted to bring this up though. It's important to realize it's not a get out of jail free card. Beyond the 3+3 limit in the amendment it's the cops & supervisors discretion to charge you, and the local DA's discretion to prosecute. Just like with anything else. They might be totally fine with it and drop it on the spot, but there is nothing written in stone that says just because your doctor said "X" was medically necessary for your condition that it is. They may want you to prove it in court.

Jason Lauve in boulder county is currently having to do just that (icmag link). And if you know the Boulder county DA's office it seems unlikely that they are just desperate to prosecute any cannabis charge that crosses their desk. He got popped with 30+ plants cut and in garbage bags in his garage. He claims he just wanted to throw them away, I don't know the details. But he did have a doctors rec that supposedly covered that number. The devil is in the details though - it seems likely that there is stuff that we haven't heard about the case. It's also likely that a misd plea deal has been turned down. He's in a wheel chair and Corry is doing his defense pro-bono looking to establish some precedent for affirmative defense (and some publicity?).

So yeah, like I said, it comes down to a specific circumstance. If you medically need more it's a good idea to get a doctor's note saying so (but it's not required). It's also a good idea to keep other documentation about how you were using what you grew to treat yourself. Ideally they never end up at your grow in the first place. If they do, hopefully they just accept the rec at face value. But you need to be prepared to defend yourself in court. If they can show things like sales to a dispensary or other patients you'll pretty much be giving up the idea that the amount of plants was medically nescesary for you.

Just my :2cents:

skifooot

Wednesday evenings from 5:00 to 8:00, Also Saturdays from 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Feel free to call the shop 303 953 9231 for more info.
Mike

How much are these visits GRNMTN? I have many friends interested in obtaining their reccomendation. Any information would help.

skifooot

I received my registration card today. It took about 35 days, they are backed up for sure.

Messed up and posted thrice sorry.