What's new

Colorado House Bill 1284

BigSwifty

then maybe cargivers just need to charge their patients for consulting services so that they can get paid for their hard work?

Exactly! I don't know a lot about the new bill but I heard they made it so caregivers can't "sell" to patients. However, what would be wrong with charging an hourly rate for the time you spend growing (time in grow room, picking up nutes, researching, etc.)? Surely they can't expect you just to donate your time?!

Then just charge an hourly rate. What's reasonable for your time? Well nobody has spelled that out for us, so you can just charge whatever the hell you want I would assume. Maybe $40, $50 an hour.
You could even estimate your yield and hours and work backwards to obtain the same money you would if you were selling say $250 OZs....or whatever your price may be.

The lawyer I met with said they won't really be able to regulate the caregivers and regardless of what the bill says you will still charge what you want. They will be regulating the Growers and the Dispensaries like a Motherfacker, though. I thnk as far as being a caregiver, if you stick to the five patients you'll be fine.
The real focus will be on the VOLUME PLAYERS, and even then, it's going to be really hard. The 70/30 rule, in particular, will be really difficult to monitor.

Honestly, everyone's best bet is to grow herb so damn good that you can get a contract with a dispensary. I have a buddy that's getting set up with one now and as long as you're working with good, honest people you shouldn't have a problem. All he has to do is flower them out, gets em vegged and drops em off when they're ripe. No cloning, trimming, etc. Still gettin' payed over 3 grand a bow. Doin' better than ever.

You forgot the part about the I-2 zoned warehouse, the lease and security deposit, the zoning permit for a husbandry operation, the architectural and mechanical designs, the security system, the burglar alarm permit, the fire panel, the smoke and heat sensors, the 10k (estimated fee) for the Growers License, and I'm probably forgetting a few things. You know, you left out like $60,000 and that doesn't even include the Growing equipment! A lot of growers are going to be suprised when this thing kicks in and they find they aren't able to get their grow permitted. Better start now!

C

cannagirl

You forgot the part about the I-2 zoned warehouse, the lease and security deposit, the zoning permit for a husbandry operation, the architectural and mechanical designs, the security system, the burglar alarm permit, the fire panel, the smoke and heat sensors, the 10k (estimated fee) for the Growers License, and I'm probably forgetting a few things. You know, you left out like $60,000 and that doesn't even include the Growing equipment! A lot of growers are going to be suprised when this thing kicks in and they find they aren't able to get their grow permitted. Better start now!

We just went through 6 months of permitting and inspections, I need another inspection like I need a freaking hole in the head... It was a nightmare, and yup mechanical and structural engineers had to come to the property, drawings had to submitted to the county, fire inspections, and permit inspections, all of it. I am glad we got all that done before this crap ass bill, although it still doesnt make things any easier on us.

SGMeds

Word on that!

Just got done with a owner on a project... a pretty penny.

Too bad he's flipping it... breaks my heart...

Spleefman~ may I ask which attny? I'm looking for a solid, competent, down-to-earth type...? Thanks in advance!!! ;-)

MrDank

Veteran
it doesn't necessarily have to be your patients who pay you for your consulting. I am pretty sure I could hold a class and charge $xxx/hr for consulting services, whether it's "my" patients or not. Giving advice isn't illegal, and I doubt charging $ for it is illegal either

and yes, my attorney said that was fine

Hey everyone my plants are coming in and just wanted to ask if I could still sell legally to people with a LLC/paperwork until July 1st. Is it still legal during June?

Hey everyone my plants are coming in and just wanted to ask if I could still sell legally to people with a LLC/paperwork until July 1st. Is it still legal during June?

I am not a lawyer but from what I gather after reading through the bill, nothing changes from the current system until July 1st. So to me that means that dispensaries can continue to buy from vendors until then, caregivers can continue exchanges, etc. But if you are looking to be a stickler about it, it was posted in this thread a while back that "caregiver to caregiver" sales aren't legal. I guess it just kind of depends on how you interpret the amendment and new bill.

SGMeds

I still haven't found the actual words in the Bill that state a CG can not 'sell' to dispensaries... only that the MMC's can't buy from you and that they can't sell any meds that didn't come from a licensed MMC. In effect, you won't be able to legally sell to them... but were that to happen, it is only 'illegal' for them... not the CG, by the words of the Bill as it reads now.

Patients & CGs can openly distribute to one another & recoup costs associated with it's manufacturing, processing & distribution. All sorts of simple accounting methods to incorporate costs to a final sale price, whatever that might end up being... between you and the patient, not the State.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Has anyone found any kind of loophole for drug felons?? From what I gather(please correct me if I'm wrong) but I don't think you can even be a caregiver if you have drug felonies, I think you are only able to provide for yourself if you want to grow..

also from what I gather, every time I harvest if it's over 2oz, I'm in violation of the law.. So really there is no way to remain fully legal buy growing your own ,( big deal for me) unless you're way hitting way below the marks.. God what a waste of power! if your only gonna grow 6 plants, why wouldn't you want to maximize yield. I know I blow threw about 3-5 grams a day..

I guess I can turn it all in to earwax or bubble. so retarded I could have beaten my grandma half to death 5 years ago, and still be a caregiver, but the fact I was caught with felonious amounts of herb excludes me from being involved with mmj. WTF??

Yeah I'm going to have to turn my weed into hash after this current flowering as well. Will sell an ounce or maybe 2 while I can then just turn most of it to hash. It's easier on the lungs anyway I would think. Tend to smoke a lot less good hash than plant material.

Baddog40

Has anyone found any kind of loophole for drug felons?? From what I gather(please correct me if I'm wrong) but I don't think you can even be a caregiver if you have drug felonies, I think you are only able to provide for yourself if you want to grow..

also from what I gather, every time I harvest if it's over 2oz, I'm in violation of the law.. So really there is no way to remain fully legal buy growing your own ,( big deal for me) unless you're way hitting way below the marks.. God what a waste of power! if your only gonna grow 6 plants, why wouldn't you want to maximize yield. I know I blow threw about 3-5 grams a day..

I guess I can turn it all in to earwax or bubble. so retarded I could have beaten my grandma half to death 5 years ago, and still be a caregiver, but the fact I was caught with felonious amounts of herb excludes me from being involved with mmj. WTF??

Havent you heard? Marijuana felons are the scum of the earth, so much so the only place they see fit for them to be is behind the counter of Burger King.

You can be a caregiver with a drug felony but you cannot be part of any dispensary, you can't even work in one.

If Charles Manson got out on parole he could come here and work in a dispensary, grow for one, or own one. You could not.

Greenmopho

also from what I gather, every time I harvest if it's over 2oz, I'm in violation of the law.. So really there is no way to remain fully legal buy growing your own ,( big deal for me) unless you're way hitting way below the marks..

Thats the idea isn't it? They don't want felons to make money off of weed, they would prefer you pay top dollar for it from a huge corporation, like everyone else.

Latest posts

Latest posts