What's new

Colorado House Bill 1284

BigSwifty

If somebody can't figure out how to acquire a POB without giving up their real address then this might not be the lifestyle for them.

Well you have to give them your ID, so if your real address is on your ID then they can see that. Of course you can write a fake one in, but they'll have a copy of your ID.

I guess I'm talking about something different and unrelated anyway. I was talking about a PO box with no connections to you, rather than using a PO Box to establish an address...

Well you have to give them your ID, so if your real address is on your ID then they can see that. Of course you can write a fake one in, but they'll have a copy of your ID.

I guess I'm talking about something different and unrelated anyway. I was talking about a PO box with no connections to you, rather than using a PO Box to establish an address...
Bro I'm not going to spell it out for you on a public forum but it's quite simple and you are really over thinking things. Geesh, I would hate to be the guy that shows you how to setup your electric...lol.

MrDank

Veteran
the DMV won't issue a drivers license with a PO Box as the address. Yes, you can have a PO Box on your MMJ card, but not on your drivers license. And its a rule that you have to submit a copy of your drivers license with your MMJ application

BigSwifty

Bro I'm not going to spell it out for you on a public forum but it's quite simple and you are really over thinking things. Geesh, I would hate to be the guy that shows you how to setup your electric...lol.

Dude, what the fuck are you trying to spell out!?!? I told you I was talking about something else entirely... errr like receiving something in your PO Box?! Actually using it! Sorry I didn't spell that out for you.....

Yeah, get a fake on address on your ID... I'll do you one better. And I'm not going to say it again on a public forum either.

I've got a better method bro because I would not be tied to the box at all.... there would be no way to find me if they found something in that box that made them want to come after me!

BigSwifty

I guess I brought up this confusion as my post was relating to actually USING a PO Box and not getting the PO Box just for using the address.

I think the original intent was to use the PO Box (one with a street address from Mailboxes, etc or something) as the address on your MMJ forms, so the state wouldn't know your real address.

Then I went off on a tangent and started talking about PO Boxes... My BAD! Happens to be something I know a bit about and start rambling on about sometimes.... ;)

C

cannagirl

uh...hmmm. ok. well, i was never really interested in any names. just maybe like, did the dept of health send them, an angry neighbor, those jack asses you chased away from your dumpster, anything that the rest of us can take away from your experience?
no worries, just always trying to get smarter.

No, it was an out of state LEO that asked them to check up on me, because of an incident that happened in which I was involved, dealing with our favorite plant, of course...

my neighbors love me, they have no idea what I do for a living...

Dorje113

...And if said warrant was attained illegally, or in violation of my constitutional rights, I will spend as much of my time and resources as required to hold said trespassers accountable for their actions.

Unfortunately, the CO supreme court decides by majority decision whether or not to uphold a search warrant. If you try to challenge the warrant the DA will try to f-you as hard as they can in retaliation. After reviewing the background and voting record of the supreme court members, I decided it was foolish to try to challenge their warrant (that they obtained with "evidence" gathered while trespassing on my property). The stakes are usually too high to fight the battle, which is why warrants aren't usually challenged. I ended up deciding between 8-48 years (8 year mandatory minimum) if I lost and 2 years probation and a deferred sentence if I took the deal. Guess what? I took the deal and sealed my record 2 years later.

Unfortunately, the CO supreme court decides by majority decision whether or not to uphold a search warrant. If you try to challenge the warrant the DA will try to f-you as hard as they can in retaliation. After reviewing the background and voting record of the supreme court members, I decided it was foolish to try to challenge their warrant (that they obtained with "evidence" gathered while trespassing on my property). The stakes are usually too high to fight the battle, which is why warrants aren't usually challenged. I ended up deciding between 8-48 years (8 year mandatory minimum) if I lost and 2 years probation and a deferred sentence if I took the deal. Guess what? I took the deal and sealed my record 2 years later.
The situation you've described is entirely different than mine though. If they broke my door down they would find that I was doing nothing illegal. I have sufficient paperwork to cover my grow and fewer than 100 plants.

What would the DA threaten me with? I would challenge the shit out of that warrant and sue them for damages.

Baddog40

How did you get a criminal conviction sealed only 2 years later? According to Colorado law at least 10 years must have passed.

http://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms... a petition to seal crimiinal convictions.pdf

SGMeds

Last I read... no, gov might be taking the cowards way out... delay & no sign for the 30 until it goes auto-law...?

Citizen80919

How are these police getting their info about who/where grows are going down? ...

I think these police visits are stemming from something other than just being on the registry

In Colorado Springs, I know that they enlisted Homeland Security and Border Patrol to do a fly over with FLIR. I'm pretty sure they know the location of every single grow down here now... probable cause or not, they know where any grows are. It would make sense that they may as well swing by Denver since they were in the neighborhood.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/marijuana-99382-police-transformer.html

T

Tr33

Originally Posted by MrDank
I think these police visits are stemming from something other than just being on the registry
Most likely the neighbors and the smell, growers never realize just how thick the smell is in their op because they are inside it all the time, and when they don't have a good enough air scrubbing system, someone who is not in a grow op can smell the herb big time.
Walk through old town Ned and tell me that people are not growing in that neighborhood, it stinks big time. Walk by a couple of the dispensaries in Ned you can smell they are growing. These people just don't want to spend the right amount of cash on the proper sized equipment, so they get a visit from the PoPo, that's their fault.

If somebody can't figure out how to acquire a POB without giving up their real address then this might not be the lifestyle for them.
so true

the DMV won't issue a drivers license with a PO Box as the address. Yes, you can have a PO Box on your MMJ card, but not on your drivers license. And its a rule that you have to submit a copy of your drivers license with your MMJ application
Yes you have the DL sent to your fake PO Box. It's called your mailing address. That's where they send it to!!! You put a fake home residence down on your DL.
Fake PO Box and fake address's are the easiest thing to figure out. Getting a non attached PO Box is easy as buying a candy bar.
Anyway I won't explain. They(MMR) may have my name, (whoopee doo) but there are no public records of my name and my houses anywhere. utilities, landlord, internet, nothing. Been doing this for 30+ odd years now. As of 10yrs ago I won't even grow at my living space, f that. If you do, that's pure stupidity imo.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now that June 1st is here, assuming the bill gets signed/enacted, does anyone find it very strange that they are basically allowing only 2-3 weeks to be "in compliance" with the new fee structure, permitting, and regulations. First off the State couldn't find it's own ass with both hands, much less get all these permits drafted, fee schedules written, hire and train gangs of roving auditors with guns etc. Not to mention that once they announce whatever permits/fees one would have to pay how long does that leave businesses to pay the fees, be issued permits etc.

I don't see any realistic way that the deadlines they have imposed can be met by either the State or the industry.

I was definitely wondering about that. I feel like usually when something goes into law it's standard procedure to allow a good 2-4 months for everyone to comply. This seems exceedingly rapid and I'm hoping they're not just using that as a mechanism to bust the shit out of every grower in the state

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exactly. Hell it takes years to regulate most industries. We are in the midst of a huge cluster-fuck. I don't think I've spoken with anyone who has a solid idea what, how or why they'll be doing.

Latest posts

Latest posts