What's new

Colorado House Bill 1284

D

draco

I thought the small growers with 5 patients were NOT being regulated or checked by the auditors.

Someone tell me if I'm reading this wrong.

think about what W. Edson Esq. said. do you think they will let a schedule I drug go without regulation? shit, they will eventually want to look at the the six plants we grow for ourselves! we need to wake up and realize what we are exposing ourselves to when we ask for regulation so we can "legally" medicate.

think about politics and pot culture. not much overlap there! what we need is education!!

takin all the fun out of it if ya ask me.

gramma watt

This f***** place, The Health Center on Colorado told a friend of mine the other day, they only pay 800 a qp. When he told them no.... owner laughed at him and told him he'd see him in two months begging for a job!

Lotus, Broadway wellness and Rocky mountain Organics are the same...

Arrogant owners who want cheap grower/labor... $10/hr is the going rate!!!!!!

We need to picket these places or something....

You do realize there are scores of people that would be happy as fuck to have the steady income and security of a ten dollar an hour job? Let alone a job growing weed.

I totally sympathize and understand where you guys are coming from, but I can't get a job shoveling shit for 7 dollars an hour, and that is the only thing i know how to do besides grow Cannabis. So if I can make 10 in the MMJ industry, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Just Sayin

.♠.

Cannagirl, CBF, and Draco.

Thank you for the responses. I am just worried about stepping over the legal side now that I am here.

I only have two others that I caregive for. Possibly starting for another patient. So I will be good no matter, as far as that goes. I just don't have space for much more no matter. Gives me enough plants to pop a whole pack of seeds at a time, and eventually start finding my keepers.

I did not know about the 16 patient rule for banned counties though, that is very good news if I am ever in a position to grow in a larger location, or possibly do some outside plants.

Can one caregiver have multiple grow locations? For example one indoor grow, and then an outdoor grow going on at the same time out a piece of land. Of course keeping plant numbers proper.

D

draco

You do realize there are scores of people that would be happy as fuck to have the steady income and security of a ten dollar an hour job? Let alone a job growing weed.

I totally sympathize and understand where you guys are coming from, but I can't get a job shoveling shit for 7 dollars an hour, and that is the only thing i know how to do besides grow Cannabis. So if I can make 10 in the MMJ industry, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Just Sayin

there will be lots of canna jobs in the future for sure. keep growing and in time you will have a chance to make a living in the new 'cannabis economy". start your resume now. :tiphat:

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
so what is everyone's plan here?

are a lot of you guys going underground?

personally i'm going to have to drop some patients :( down to just my family members and one other basically after this...i'm gonna just create doubled's mpb system with 12,000 watts and an undercurrent veg room.

MrWeekend

Just Sayin

$10 an hour? are you living in a different world than me? you got to be a 19 single male.......im sure youd find a ton of people willing to pay $10 an hour to take care of their FEDERALLY ILLEGAL grow warehouse, with well over 100 plants.......just make sure to remember youll be doing the 5-40 years for them also for your $10 an hour.

hey bro, you as a patient may care give for 5 others plus yourself. if you do not have a center in your town, you can grow for 16 patients.

here we have a huge retirement community, centers will be banned here right off the bat, can almost guarantee that. so where good here.

looks like there gonna get what they wanted, lotta centers go down due to havein to grow 70% of there own product, and the fees eliminate a bunch more.

its all about the money, and i can say you will see lots of big money guys lettin loose of the cash.

there are plenty of guys with money that get a big woody tellin there golfin buddies there invested in the MMJ scene. these guys lose 500k in the market and shrug it off.

the MMJ scene is the hot new place to put your money, believe me peeps, im seein it daily. lots of whales wantin in. this past week when the market tanked, the phone was ringin.

if you dont think the money guys have a clue, your sadly mistaken. they just been sittin tight till the law is passed.

im with MrDank, hold on to your treasures,

CBF

Sorry CBF...I must correct you. If you are in a town that "banned" dispensaries, you are still only able to care for 5 patients....the 16 patient thing was debated, but never made it into the bill.

PLEASE do not pass on erroneous info....if you don't know, don't speak like you do

Thanks!:tiphat:

Baddog40

Just Sayin

1. $10 an hour isnt enough to survive on unless you're living with your mom.

2. McDonalds pays more than $7 an hour, maybe you should give them a try.

D

draco

so what is everyone's plan here?

are a lot of you guys going underground?

personally i'm going to have to drop some patients :( down to just my family members and one other basically after this...i'm gonna just create doubled's mpb system with 12,000 watts and an undercurrent veg room.

WELL...

since the disp will be forced to grow 70% of their product in about 60 days (and they have no growers on the payroll currently), this might be the ideal time for a grower to apply to a dispensary.

just a thought...

Im gonna grow 15 big boomers outside, drop patients down to 5. There ought to be enough weed for all my folk, papered or not.

I feel for all you latecomers, yer in the poo. Just a few years ago there wasnt any of this dispensary crap, back to the old ways. You can thank the greedheads of mmj for fucking it up for everyone, just like always. some things never change.

Any of you who have to take $10/hr growing jobs, you have my condolences.

Im replacing all my HIDs with t5's, who needs a big electric bill now?

Baddog40

Sorry CBF...I must correct you. If you are in a town that "banned" dispensaries, you are still only able to care for 5 patients....the 16 patient thing was debated, but never made it into the bill.

PLEASE do not pass on erroneous info....if you don't know, don't speak like you do

Exactly. This 16 plant thing is now spreading to other boards and its BS. They are getting it from this and its nothing more than another smokescreen:

(6) Patient - primary caregiver relationship. (a) A PERSON
SHALL BE LISTED AS A PRIMARY CAREGIVER FOR NO MORE THAN FIVE PATIENTS ON THE MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROGRAM REGISTRY AT ANY GIVEN TIME; EXCEPT THAT THE STATE HEALTH AGENCY MAY ALLOW A PRIMARY CAREGIVER TO SERVE MORE THAN FIVE PATIENTS IN EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES. IN DETERMINING WHETHER EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES EXIST, THE STATE HEALTH AGENCY MAY CONSIDER THE
PROXIMITY OF MEDICAL MARIJUANA CENTERS TO THE PATIENT.
A PRIMARY CAREGIVER SHALL MAINTAIN A LIST OF HIS OR HER PATIENTS INCLUDING THE REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD NUMBER OF EACH PATIENT AT ALL TIMES.

gramma watt

there will be lots of canna jobs in the future for sure. keep growing and in time you will have a chance to make a living in the new 'cannabis economy". start your resume now. :tiphat:

Ah, it will be a year before we get there..can't grow now since what happened (busted..daughter's bf is a snitch).
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=170200

I reckon they'll have to take our word for it.
Shit, I will mop floors and clean toilets...

Page 53 section (e) allows for more plants with confirmation from physician.

The fees are not set yet and will be decided over the next few months. They might be flat they might be graded. I hope they are graded, ie: 0-300 = $3,000; 300-3,000 = $7,500; 3,000 and up = $15,000. Please note I made these numbers up.

People v Clendenin, 06CR1758, is our only med mj appellate case. Generally requires wellness services and having met the patient in order to qualify for the caregiver affirmative defense. It is what made the caregiver to caregiver exchange an issue.

Warren is right here...the numbers being discussed were: 6-100 patients - $7500, 101-300 patients - $10K, over 300 $17500.

Wasn't Clendenin the one where they convicted of possession, but not cultivation??

Here is what I am doing...5 patients...none over the 6 plant limit (why should I rish using the "affirmative" defense for anyone other than myself?) and my Dr. rec is for 30 plants...I can do this...now, can I still "sell" 30% of my overages?

The way I read it, the only place a "center" can purchase, is another center? Is that right?

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran

no problem bro, it was 16 with a ban yesturday, today its 5 with a ban, just got done readin some of the new verbage.

so if your town has a center ya dont get to grow?

thats what its soundin like now

CBF

also i will ask again

what about all the shops who paid the $5k to the city of Denver by March 1? That was barely 10 weeks ago?

My understanding is that they are ok, until 7/1/2011...

To continue operating after that date they have to meet these other requirements...prove they can provide 70% of their product by 9/1/2010, and pay their "fees" (read: extortion $$) by 7/1/2010...at least that is what I have been told...

and oh yea, stay tuned for for my future pics of 1 plant per 2k :D I'm a gonna hava to a relearn how to grow them there plants to yield 1-2#'s each

maybe I will just buy a bale of Sunshine, lay on it's side, cut a hole in it, and plant directly in the bale lol

Thinking about a "Under Current" grow....13 gallon pots:dance013:

DSC_0045.jpg
http://www.*********.com/forums/att...urrent-hydro-20-tons-ac-some-co2-dsc_0047.jpg

Baddog40

Once this shit becomes law I think every grower should take their under belly buds and stand outside of the big dispensaries and hand out free to all patients going in. I want to see Josh Standley go bankrupt.

WELL...

since the disp will be forced to grow 70% of their product in about 60 days (and they have no growers on the payroll currently), this might be the ideal time for a grower to apply to a dispensary.

just a thought...

Let's see---even IF I were willing to work for someone else...I can't! I got busted growing in 81, a felony -- I'm out...back underground for me!!!:moon:

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello!

In a session that stretched late into the evening yesterday, the House approved HB1284 without any new amendments by a 46-19 vote. This means the bill is now off to the Governor's desk to be signed before becoming law. As has been widely reported by the media, there are a number of bad parts of this bill and many other parts that will be challenged in court in the coming days.

However, there are also a number of very good new additions to Colorado's Medical Marijuana program:

Patients are now allowed to grow their own medicine AND name a MMJ Center or primary caregiver. (page 62 lines 4-5)

• "Higher Plant Count" recommendations in excess of 6 plants now recognized by Health Department. (page 65 line 25 - page 66 line 3)

"Infused Products Manufacturer" allowed to sell to any licensed MMJ center in the state without patients registered to the infused products manufacturer's name. (page 41 lines 19-21)

"Infused Products Manufacturer" allowed to grow all medicine needed to make their products. (page 40 lines 16-23)

• Requires the Dept of Health to create a formal policy to add new conditions to the MMJ registry. (page 57 lines 12-15)

• Encourages Colorado banks and credit unions to work with our industry. (page 38 lines 19-21)

Now that the bills are written and passed by the legislature, it's time for all of us to begin getting on the same page about what these new rules mean. I have attached a copy of the FINAL versions of HB 1284 regarding new dispensary regulations and SB 109 regarding the doctor/patient relationship.

*** Even if you haven't read a single bill so far, this is the time to read both of these new laws ***

Once you have read both bills, please email any questions you have to QUESTIONS@COMMR.ORG before 8am FRIDAY. I am going to prepare a written Q&A with all your questions and the best answers available and will have evening and online meetings next week to continue answering your questions.

Thanks!

Matt

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/05/medical_marijuana_bill_enthusi.php

Sorry for my laziness, can anyone verify these claims?

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, Disp have one year to come up with the fees?

The bill imposes a one-year moratorium on the opening of new
medical marijuana centers, but allows current medical marijuana centers
to operate for a year before becoming licensed.