What's new

Colorado House Bill 1284

Baddog40

Here's another story about it. Romer says Corry is blowing smoke. I hope Corry shreds his fucking bill into 10 million pieces.

DENVER - When the Colorado House of Representatives rubber-stamps the Senate's changes to House Bill 1284, aimed at regulating the state's booming medical marijuana industry, the controversial measure will be on its way to Gov. Bill Ritter's desk for one quick signature that will make it law.

And, as soon as the governor puts pen to paper, a group of medical marijuana attorneys will file an injunction against specific provisions of the new law on behalf of patients and dispensary owners -- patients, who may be disenfranchised as a result of caregiver limits and the ability of communities to ban dispensaries; and dispensary owners, at least half of whom could be out of business as a result of the new regulatory framework.

"The ultimate goal here is to ensure that suffering patients have access to their medicine," said attorney Rob Corry, who along with his wife, Jessica, and Sensible Colorado's Brian Vicente, is leading the push against HB 1284. "And there's nothing wrong with making money off of your Constitutional rights."

Specifically, the attorneys take issue with five provisions: the five-patient limit on caregivers who operate outside the state-sanctioned "center" model; the licensing fees levied on those dispensaries who do reorganize under the state-guided "wellness center" model; requirements mandating that owners or wellness centers have been Colorado residents for at least two years; the ban on granting licenses to anyone accused or convicted of felony crimes; and allowing cities and towns to ban dispensaries altogether.

In Corry's view, the argument is as much a timely economic argument as it is grounded in constitutional law.

"I have a major problem with preventing people from moving to Colorado, bringing money, hiring employees, renting out space and opening up a business in our state," Corry said. "If we said, you can't move to our state and open a dry cleaning shop, that would be unconstitutional."

But Sen. Chris Romer, the bill's prime senate sponsor, thinks Corry is just blowing smoke.

"Rob's a smart guy, but that sounds more like his Christmas list, his Santa list, as opposed to real objections on Constitutional merits," Romer said. "The constitution does protect the patients' right to have access to medical marijuana. The constitution does not protect the business model or the approach or that people with felonies have the right to be running dispensaries. Rob's just out to lunch on that."

Romer readily admits that the final bill tips the balance in favor of law enforcement over the dispensary owners -- because marijuana, while approved for medicinal use in Colorado, remains an illegal substance.

"Maybe if it becomes legal, we can soften up the regulations," Romer said. "But this is still a controlled substance. It's illegal to cross state lines with it. I'm not interested in the out-of-staters who want to rush to Colorado to make money off of medical marijuana."

Lawsuit will target Medical Marijuana dispensary regulations - KDVR

gramma watt

:laughing:
Okay, now you really need to move here Fucktardo!
We will gladly take your money, take your house (when you can't sell your dirt weed), take your wife, and your car....
And send you home packing, where you can then be the BEST GROWER from around the non-med states.

I've smoked some good illegal shit, but this shit here is Medical grade, if you think not, you are just looking in the wrong places/dispensaries.

You make me laugh, move here so I can laugh some more.:wave:

I am currently on page thirty of this thread..which is where I found the above post.

all I want to do is be free..
free to grow and smoke my weed without fear of going to jail.
We did not grow "dirtweed" We grew high quality genetics..and I believe his talents would be appreciated by a few.
We don't want to drain Colorado, and we don't give a shit about the big dispensaries or helping patients..we give a shit about helping ourselves.

Like it or not, we are coming...ready to work for the big dispensary for 12 bucks an hour, or McDonalds for 8...just as long as we can be free from persecution to grow and smoke our own meds.

Try and Stop Us...:thank you:

gramma watt

Farmacy is also opening in Boulder too, and they are pieces of shit!

I realize that you guys feel like you have been fighting this fight for years and I agree that born and raised Coloradan's should have the first stab at the pie, but did you guys think that people from other states wouldnt want to come here and grow LEGAL pot ,when for years they have been looking over their shoulders to avoid LEO and jail time in non-med states. If you did, than thats NAIVE.

You should be proud that people want to move here from all over, Colorado is a wonderful state and although Im not a born and raised CO girl, you can bet your ass that I would fight for it just as hard as someone who is born and raised here. Plus I dont take it for granted, the wonderful opportunities that have been opened up for me in this state. Those people that come here and who are not contributing a fair and decent product to the market will not survive.

But you guys have misguided anger towards the little guys, its not the small growers coming out here to finally do what they have been doing for years, with less consequences, that are ruining it for the rest of us. Its the large corporations and the greed that follows them.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cannagirl again

gramma watt

We sit around and think, 'If these people would just enact change in their own State, it would be legal'.

You act like that is easy to do...not so....I have been emailing legislators for years.. we have too many stodgy southern baptists in the capitol...Kentucky is bragging on how much pot they eradicated last year.

I am tired of trying..I am moving. I am coming to Colorado.
See you at McDonalds...

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Cool man.

My more uncouth post was just regarding 'Golddigging'.
He sounded more concerned on the cut in his pay, than the spirit of the law.

Colorado has been a welcomed retreat for many people. There are many people we wish to see, for so many reasons (sustainable attitudes, open space preservation, personal property preservation...ect. gun rights, can't forget the insurance policy for free speech)

We just don't like seeing the other peeps come in and divide the state up.
We already have Romer for that.

What I was really trying to say, is this:
"Don't think you are going to come here and get rich. Already done, you missed the boat. And if you do, I hope your smoke is as good as you think it, b/c Colo does a pretty damn good job at that. Remeber, we are in a Free Market currently"

gramma watt

What I was really trying to say, is this:
"Don't think you are going to come here and get rich. Already done, you missed the boat. And if you do, I hope your smoke is as good as you think it, b/c Colo does a pretty damn good job at that. Remeber, we are in a Free Market currently"

It is...:thank you:

We just wanna be free ya dig?
I would really like to find the same type of setup we have here, as farm caretakers who look after cattle and horses in exchange for free rent...

C

cannagirl

Hey Rednick, not to bust your balls, but GRAMMA Watts is a female! And Gramma Watts when you get done with your case, come on over!

C

cannagirl

Hell yeah! I love riding but owning a horse is hella expensive, so I dont get to ride often, but definitely look me up when you here, we can commiserate with each other about our legal issues:smoke:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
You act like that is easy to do...not so....I have been emailing legislators for years.. we have too many stodgy southern baptists in the capitol...Kentucky is bragging on how much pot they eradicated last year.

I am tired of trying..I am moving. I am coming to Colorado.
See you at McDonalds...
I think Dave Attell says it best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzVPMq-mCpo

"I think pot should be legal...But it won't because you potheads aren't making it happen. You are not out there every night like us alcoholics affecting society ...."

Budsworth

I have a question about this bill:

With my wife and I both having our cards...how would we come into play in the math under the term "5 patient limit" in regards to this bill?

The two of us...PLUS 5 patients? Or two of us....plus three patients?

I have a question about this bill:

With my wife and I both having our cards...how would we come into play in the math under the term "5 patient limit" in regards to this bill?

The two of us...PLUS 5 patients? Or two of us....plus three patients?

Neither the way I understand it,

I just got done reading that 76 page cluster of a bill. It states that two primary caregivers cannot share the same space or help each other or work together.

but it says nothing about a primary caregiver and a licensed mmj PATIENT living and growing together. so caregiver gets five patients plus oneself for 36 plants and the wife gets her 6. Don't quote me on that it's just theory since it says no two caregivers may work together.

Budsworth

Neither the way I understand it,

I just got done reading that 76 page cluster of a bill. It states that two primary caregivers cannot share the same space or help each other or work together.

but it says nothing about a primary caregiver and a licensed mmj PATIENT living and growing together. so caregiver gets five patients plus oneself for 36 plants and the wife gets her 6. Don't quote me on that it's just theory since it says no two caregivers may work together.

Are we still allowed to swap fluids?

.♠.

:laughing: Oh Shit wisco. That almost made me spit water all over the screen.

Thanks. LOL.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Colorado Mothers out there. I hope you have a great day!

Latest posts

Latest posts