attachment.php

Looks like a nice rig... yum yum.

Attachments

• 529448_336681386455125_688703176_n.jpg
    529448_336681386455125_688703176_n.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 4
S

SooperSmurph

The problem with the large rigs: not nearly as flexible, and large tubes seemingly aren't as efficient as smaller ones, my friend who makes shatter says its ideal to blast in 60 or so gram batches, then merge those small runs together for the purge.

J

JimmyRow

I've got my shopping carts full of everything I need to assemble the Lil terp as soon as some funds hit the bank. I'm going to run a 1 1/2 x 24 tube. I'm running 60 g in my current tube, and pulling around 10-14% average off sugar leaf and popcorn. I can count on just about a quarter each run. Its nice to be able to keep it full of one strain.

Oh..and the anti shake..whole new camera. Thanks for the tip

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fuckin shooting in the park at the rally at 5pm, cup was waay hella overcrowded today, lines around the block.... people waiting forever to get in....

S

SooperSmurph

Check out my Level 2 custom torch from the Puff N Dabs crew.

Was stoked to finally meet these guys after hearing great things about them from my boys at Stay Concentrated, mainly of their capacity to dab and their skills as artisans, and after playing with my new torch for a day, and having spent the day at the booth next to theirs, watching them dab up everyone and everything in sight, I cannot dispute a single compliment leveled at them.

G

greenmatter

just got back from the cup ....... place was crowded as hell, so we didn't stay long. got hooked up on some rare dankness freebies and some grand daddy gear. TGA was in one of the med areas and i forgot my fucking card so i couldn't get to them

it was not what i thought it was gonna be but i'm glad i went. lots to see, even if some of it was bullshit

S

SooperSmurph

So it ends as always, losers like me nursing our wounds and whining about big money, winners partying late into the night, and tomorrow the work of producing smoke continues.

Hope you stopped by the PuffnDabs / Stay Concentrated booth greenmatter, we were in the corner next to the Pink House Pavilion, consistently stealing their thunder and their crowds with a never ending supply of delicious shatter dabs, no one near the PuffnDabs booth was happy except perhaps my friends at King of Quality, the fellas there were smoking people out on some lovely flowers, HP13 and LA Cheese, so he was able to benefit from the large crowd by catching the overflow of non-dabbers and heavy consumers.

The only booth near PNDs that managed to garner a crowd was the seed company on the opposite side from KoQ, and they only managed that by literally throwing free stuff into the air above the crowd waiting for dabs, and doing so for almost 5 solid minutes, I grabbed a bandana, but several t-shirts and even hoodies were tossed, all for some attention for the brand on our holy holiday, gotta love it!

After talking with some of the entrants and high times guys, it seems like our Edibles entry lost out due to a lack of strain specificity, the winning edibles used hash / oil that were made up of one or just a few strains, seeking specific effects rather than overall potency, which I suppose is to be expected since the category is "Medical Edibles" not simply "Infused Edibles". We may have also needed to up our game a bit, our product was a total active cannaboid dose of 120mg, and all the entries that placed were 150mg or higher.

The event staff member I spoke with loved, absolutely loved our entry, Triple Threat Cheesecake Bites, and good feedback came from other sources, so the strain specific conclusion really does seem to hold water, and I am left comforted by the fact that people who get offered the best herb / edibles in the country thought our product was awesome.

Anyone wanna see something funny? They kept announcing that there was no consuming of Cannabis inside the hall where the awards ceremony was being held, many people had flashlights shown on them and were given stern looks by security until they extinguished their joints, but I managed to catch a shot of one of the event staff members hitting what looked like a Cloud pen.

G

greenmatter

pretty much every booth that i tried to get to was so crowded that we just kept walking (shuffling would actually be more accurate than walking).

i read that we were not allowed to smoke anywhere we wanted when we bought the tickets but one of my favorite parts of the day was the fact that nobody gave a fuck about that rule. i saw people burning something everywhere and did not see the security guys fucking with anyone at all which was kinda cool.

i did not hit your booth smurf but i did see them tossing things into the crowd around the Big Buddha booth if that is what you are talking about. to be honest i was walking around smoking some homegrown Midnight Madness with mrs.green so i did not try anything new while i was there. standing in line for a hit seemed silly to me.

if the place had not been so crowded i might have hung out longer and sampled a lot more

Went to the Cannabis Cup this sunday and it was VERY crowded! Only a few people were rude about it though, I right it off to them being to stoned to function. The lines for dabs were not that bad at some booths. I waited in short lines for anywhere from 1-100 mins and got at least a dozen huge dabs all day. My fave was the CO2 oil I tried.

People were rolling joints non stop all day everywhere! Huge oil rigs being torched when ever and wherever!! Guys with huge bongs and incredibowls roaming around giving out hits. Free tiny pipes, stickers, lighters, small pot samples, edibles and alot more if you had your CO medical card.

ALOT of out of town people it was really good to see all the people coming to Denver and seeing what is going down over here. They were all wishing they had a cool red medical wristband but the recreational area was still pretty extensive. There were some decent glass blowers there, some crazy pot head inventions, stoner real estate agents, and a bunch more. Also no one cared if you were 21+ even to get in the recreation area only med cards were checked and enforced.

They need a MUCH larger venue to host this next year and the crowd could easily double or triple and Denver would sell out of every hotel room in the city!

Best part was no one got shot!!!!

twelsch24

They need a MUCH larger venue to host this next year and the crowd could easily double or triple and Denver would sell out of every hotel room in the city!

Denver already hosts the biggest Beer festival in the country, the GABF. And it sells-out it's 3 days worth of passes in <30min.

If done proper, I bet the CC could approach this size in just a few years.

But just like St. Patty's day, GABF, and NYE, way way way to much amature-hour for me to attend.

T

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Glad I didn't go. Sort of. Don't like crowds too much these days.

And since I am a Recreational (mostly) user, I haven't bothered/wanted to get a Card. So it looks like I'd have been left smoking my own, which I can do most anywhere I prefer to be. lol

Glad ya'll had a good time, though. Just had desert, and enjoyed the day. :biggrin:

Co. compliant, as usual.
2LC

G

greenmatter

They need a MUCH larger venue to host this next year

+1 ..... damn right! .......:yeahthats

they also need to lay things out better next year. they should count on stoners 3 deep looking at booths on both sides of the aisle AND allow for some room for the folks trying to get from point A to point B.

mrs green is 5'1" ....... she spent the day holding on to the back of my belt and "drafting" while i was wading through the mob.

i'm not a real fan of crowds, but if you were actually agoraphobic the cup was NOT the place to be yesterday

as to the question about the "vibe" ......... it's pretty fuckin cool to see so many people smoking together and getting along. if the same event was fueled by beer they would have cops crawling out of the woodwork waiting for the brawl to start. if you smoked enough you could smell the burning wreckage of the drug war in the air too:biggrin:

reeks of evolution:tiphat:

S

SooperSmurph

Nope we weren't near Big Buddah, we were on the other side of the Recreation section from them, on the fence side right next to where Pink House and White Rhino were set up.

If you managed to wait in our line, you weren't disappointed, massive dabs of true shatter instead of the wax and budder a lot of other booths were giving away.

A practice I saw a lot of and was very disappointed by was the too cold nails that booth people were having people dab off of, leaving behind large amounts of wet cooling oil which would burn off when the nail was heated next, wasteful!

2nd day was better than the first for crowding, until the awards grew close, crowd management was poor on Saturday, they didn't even have any dividers to create differentiation between the exit and the entrance, my wife was admitted to the indoor patient area simply by following me, and the presence of any wheelchairs caused massive traffic jams which should have been anticipated and prevented at an event with a partial medical theme.

To the couple in the electric wheelchairs at the Incredibles booth: Good god i'm sorry you got so crowded out over there, after grabbing some stickers from the vendor I wanted to attempt to grab you two some items from the other flavored fountains, but the crowd was so pressing that it was made impossible, and I was forced to leave you in the capable hands of the booth staff, who I did see helping you after I managed to extricate myself from that mess, so I guess it was alright, still, sorry for not simply mowing down the crowd and making way for you as I would have in my younger years, i'm just so much more mellow these days :shucks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts