What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

calientecarlos

Veteran
as to the question about the "vibe" ......... it's pretty fuckin cool to see so many people smoking together and getting along. if the same event was fueled by beer they would have cops crawling out of the woodwork waiting for the brawl to start. if you smoked enough you could smell the burning wreckage of the drug war in the air too:biggrin:

reeks of evolution:tiphat:

Love the comradery!! Good to hear!!

S

SooperSmurph

I'm officially a slack-jawed moron!

MY FRIEND WITH STAY CONCENTRATED WON 3RD PLACE IN THE MEDICAL CONCENTRATE CATEGORY!

I didn't recognize it when he won because they misread the name of the entry!!!! HOLY CRAP! STAY CONCENTRATED!

I am a bit agoraphobic so I had some mini panic attacks about the crowds but after a few hash candies it kinda melted away and the day was pretty chill.

Also they had like ZERO singage to tell which wristbands were allowed were, one booth selling food with massive lines, no ropes to control the lines so people just made 6 random lines per register and it took FOREVER! oh and the only food they had was fries and corndogs and they ran out of corndogs!!!! WTF ! How do you run out of corndogs at the cannabis cup???

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am a bit agoraphobic so I had some mini panic attacks about the crowds but after a few hash candies it kinda melted away and the day was pretty chill.

Also they had like ZERO singage to tell which wristbands were allowed were, one booth selling food with massive lines, no ropes to control the lines so people just made 6 random lines per register and it took FOREVER! oh and the only food they had was fries and corndogs and they ran out of corndogs!!!! WTF ! How do you run out of corndogs at the cannabis cup???

the first cannabis cup (medical ) 2 years ago in denver
they ran out of ALL food, and the even wasn't big enough to warrant the food truck posse parked all around the block like this year. it was a bad scene, hungry as hell stoned folks blood sugar plumetting, i had a friend who needed food, & there was none there & passed out right in my arms.... that was the end of our day at the cup...
ya, this year they ran out of corndogs... but didnt run out of food ENTIRELY,
& the wait for food wasnt that bad, and at least there was food to wait for.
my2c

apparently the event left a GIANT mess at the venue, so locals are out cleaning up the lot....
164295_10151375376975592_717946251_n.jpg

venue crew AND locals out there in the snow this morning cleaning up the mess.... seems like hightimes shoulda hired a crew to do this yesterday or sunday night...
again, my2c

G

greenmatter

apparently the event left a GIANT mess at the venue, so locals are out cleaning up the lot........ seems like hightimes shoulda hired a crew to do this yesterday or sunday night...
again, my2c

Avi i think it would be fair to say that Hightimes just fucked up plain and simple by not hiring a crew to clean up. i have a friend that works for denver city parks who bitches about the mess in civic center park every year after 4/20 (and she has a point) ....... but it sounds like Hightimes took our money for tickets and walked away

thats total bullshit! :2cents:

....... and it probably won't make finding a venue for next year any easier

Jbomber79

Veteran
They need to talke a lesson from Phish! that is total bs Hightimes needs to be fined for that, CO welcomes them and they just shit out in front of the venue...High Slimes..

barnyard

got my white satins in a row...

got my white satins in a row...

anyone know where the Colorado Grower's thread went? lol

natural light, BTW

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that is total bs Hightimes needs to be fined for that

personally,
i'd hate to see high times mag fined for this; overall was a great event, especially if it resulted in the cup not being held here again. this trash thing is terrible, but could be the result of an oversight of the magazine or venue.... either way it IS total BS... could def. have been cleaned up BEFORE the snow fell all over it, so....
the mess is already being cleaned up by venue workers and industry/patient volunteers:

934798_10151375998150592_1997436708_n.jpg

46666_10151375920045592_169790434_n.jpg

BUT
will need another round of cleanup when the snow all melts.

S

SooperSmurph

Both the Venue and the Magazine are at fault for the logistics problems such as cleanup, they knowingly oversold the event, they should have provided ample staff and a bulldozer to clean the lot after, stoners can turn an empty lot into an ocean of native american tears in notime.

Historical pictures here!

Blue God x Dynamite Shatter from Stay Concentrated, this is the very first batch ever produced by SC for a dispensary, and they did it for Ganja Gourmet!

The guy I used probably was not the cheapest; also, he seemed to be about to question my *pain* but then it went smooth as butter. I honestly think it might be his *thing* to not be a revolving door. He is a foot doc. of all things.

Dr. Lamkin ... here's contact info:
http://www.thecaringdoc.com/

I used Cannahealth in Denver of Tennessee this year and got my extended plant card renewed again, it was free last year for me this year 300$.

barnyard

neither exdo or high times are responsible for areas outside of the event area...people shouldn't be littering in the first place, IMO...props to the locals that took care of the problem area...it was open lot and anyone could have helped with the clean up.

high times is already considering a larger venue and possibly multi yearly events

the 420 civic center park park celebration is an independent event - with nothing to do with high times - and had a green-team actually picking up trash while the event was happening

people have worked hard to get to where we are today with CO legalization and people took serious legal chances this year sponsoring the event on their property...just something to think about

and I apologize for being off -topic as this is the CO grower's thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts