What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
FoCo you can definitely see mites with the naked eye, if you know what to look for.. I apologize if you think you got mites from a clone. I even tell people to isolate clones that they get from us just in case.. Think how many different growers go into a club everyday and look at clones, now at least one of these people is gonna have mites, I treat all clones as if they have a pest already so I can prevent this very problem.. PM me brotha lemme know if I can help ya in any way:)

Yes I understand the risks of purchasing clones from dispensaries. I did treat the clone I got from you guys, but it was with a systemic root drench and I failed to isolate it until the poison actually started working.

Everything in the garden was going to be treated anyway, and I'm stoked to have the genes, so its all gravy. Cant wait to get me mits on the Killer Chem!

:wave:

jmark43

greetings, I have lurked long enough. I have had a mite problem too. I grow in a eeb flow tub full of hydroton. I got rid of the little buggers by pulling them out and running them under the shower upside down. I was careful to try rub every leaf to dislodge the eggs. I did this every three days for 4 applications. I was lucky that they had only been in flower for a couple weeks. The plants seemed to like the extra foliar watering.

Last edited:
Dave if you run a perpetual you might want to consider using something like organicide, summers coming soon and they reproduce pretty fast in high temps. Kick these fuckers in the ass before they take a stronghold. I'm not knocking solutions like ladybugs but, I have never seen them take care of an infestation that is visible to the naked eye.

I have spent long periods of time many long early mornings sweating my balls off being covered head to toe spraying every organic solution known to man.. It's not fun, but it's possible, IMHO Wage all out war on these bitches!

Products I've used that work

Neem
Azatrol
azamax
Organicide
Sm-90-preventive measures in veg only
Final Answer- works great to knock them back

I really think the best plan of action is just to make sure the mites aren't building a resistance to whatever you decide to use,so that means treatments religiously every 3 days, switch it up every 9, and even the worst infestations can be taken care of with-in a month.. It also helps if you can to remove the affected plants.. About 3 months ago had to turn 15+ plants into hash because they were too far gone.

Yeah....I am going to see how this is working out first. Not quite an infestation...caught quite early as I am in the grow for 2-3 hrs/day. Just started on day 30 of flower so I have time to treat and not affect the taste, so I am ok for another week or 2, I think, just neeming....then if I see anything the last 2-3 weeks I will get some predators..

Yea bombs never work fully, and give a false sense of security. Lady bugs suck ass for an established mite population. It's like a room full of food, that you can only eat a little bit of. Sm-90 works great and smells good like fruit-loops but fyi to all organic-heads it warns on the bottle that it inhibits beneficial bacteria growth. That's why I just use neem oil, and occasionally Azamax since it kills the hell out of em.

The best mite prevention in any stage is 1-2x daily spraying the undersides and canopy with just plain water. This method works especially well in flower. It seems like spraying action knocking em around\ruining their webs frustrates them to the point that they just just give up. Also keep your humidity higher than 50% helps hurt their breeding.

Like you, better safe than sorry...my room is half the size that the bottle was good for so i know I got most of them fuckers! Then, I figure the Neem couldn't hurt.

Can you see individual mites with your naked eye? I must have laser vision or something because I can even see the eggs. You must mean infestations that already have webs?

All my flowering plants had mites crawling on some of the lower leaves three days ago when I released the lady bugs. I hand-watered them today and could not find an adult mite anywhere, though there were still plenty of eggs. These new mites came from D9, btw! Its my fault for being a lazy p.o.s. and not properly quarantining, though.

DAVE- I dont know how long you have to wait after the Neem, I have never used it before.

Tell me abut it!!! My source was a friend ...I told him he had issues. We both keep clean grows! So, I now have 2 mothers (quarantined) Snow White from Nirvana - femmed, that I am going to be cloning for my next run in the E&G. Going to have to start vegging them my other room....then I will go in and sterilize everything, so I am starting fresh! Thx anyways about the waiting time. I think I will just neem again in 3 days and see how it goes from there.

greetings, I have lurked long enough. I have had a mite problem too. I grow in a eeb flow tub full of hydroton. I got rid of the little buggers by pulling them out and running them under the shower upside down. I was careful to try rub every leave to dislodge the eggs. I did this every three days for 4 applications. I was lucky that they had only been in flower for a couple weeks. The plants seemed to like the extra foliar watering.

Go look at my garden, the E&G, and tell me how you are gonna get them into the shower!!!????

THANX EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT AND HELP!!!:thank you: :wave:

jmark43

I should have looked at your grow before posting Dave. If its any consolation I saw the live ladybugs for sale yesterday at O"Tooles Garden Center on Wadsworth for $7.00 a hundred

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
No its a different systemic synthetic pesticide.

So do you use the Azamax in late(r) flower? No negative effects on taste of the final product?

We kind of had this conversation before, but didn't conclude anything.

I checked and Azadirachtin is in fact the active from Neem Oil, just in a more concentrated form. And it is systemic. So it will end up in your bud if you use it too late.

I stop spraying at day 14-21, when I start seeing good bud development.
Just hope I get them fuckers ded by then. If the bitches persist, then I can use aeresol up to week 6, I never bomb any later than that.
Otherwise it is a labor of removing infected leaves, keeping temps low (especially in late flower, when the plant can take a real low nighttime temp [60-63, also good for purpling]), and the occaisional use of the vacuum cleaner if they get tooo bad.

May start trying predators here, if they get too bad this summer.

Those mites could have come from me, too? I just had mites sooo long, I am used to dealing with the fuckers...I guess I have already given up on Genocide, and just keep fighting the war.

Balazar

I can see mites with my naked eyes... Hell i can see their spots with my glasses on. It's easy to spot the moving white specs on the underside of a leaf with bite marks visible from the top. Then again I'm going to guess that I'm a lot younger than a lot of the experienced growers on here. My RH is 40% How often can I spray with water and not have to worry about PM? I was thinking of just putting some sprayer lines in. Just like they have at the grocery store for the produce. I would just throw them on a timer.

Balazar

and the occaisional use of the vacuum cleaner if they get tooo bad.

I have done this before too. I have an old worn out battery powered hand vac that only sucks at about half strength and it works well for getting the webs. Pretty much any wally-world cheap POS will do the job here.

NUG-JUG

Think how many different growers go into a club everyday and look at clones, now at least one of these people is gonna have mites, I treat all clones as if they have a pest already so I can prevent this very problem.. PM me brotha lemme know if I can help ya in any way:)

This is a good method since it only takes two to get the Borg rollin...

As for causing PM by spraying water, my humidity is lower than I'd like so I spray em twice a day. Ones in flower and veg. I nice pump sprayer\wand combo is crucial or don't bother. This will save your shit in a bad infestation. They like to congregate on the top of the bamboo stakes in my pots and have a mass orgy...Then get burned alive by my lighter..I really hate mites a lot..especially the fast little yellow ones.

This is a good method since it only takes two to get the Borg rollin...

As for causing PM by spraying water, my humidity is lower than I'd like so I spray em twice a day. Ones in flower and veg. I nice pump sprayer\wand combo is crucial or don't bother. This will save your shit in a bad infestation. They like to congregate on the top of the bamboo stakes in my pots and have a mass orgy...Then get burned alive by my lighter..I really hate mites a lot..especially the fast little yellow ones.

Yeah FF hit it on the head...I havne't purchased clones at a dispensary tho....I got em from a friend I know grows clean, so...from now on it in the dip they go...no matter where I get em, just like I used to.

I can't stand the lil mutiplying fuckers either.....:wave: Mother Nature's idea of a cruel joke on us farmers!!!

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Can you see individual mites with your naked eye? I must have laser vision or something because I can even see the eggs. You must mean infestations that already have webs?

With that 3rd eye on the dude in your avatar, I'm not surprised, lol. :laughing:

my flowering plants had mites crawling on some of the lower leaves three days ago when I released the lady bugs. I hand-watered them today and could not find an adult mite anywhere, though there were still plenty of eggs. These new mites came from D9, btw! Its my fault for being a lazy p.o.s. and not properly quarantining, though.

Ouch, that sucks. What strain do you think was the culprit, if you don't mind my asking? I've got clones directly from the owner of D9, there were absolutely no pests or problems whatsoever. But yes, even with a trusted source, proper quarantining is definitely a must!

D9 as in Delta 9 on S Broadway??

Yep, I would imagine it's from either a customer coming in and looking at clones with mites on their person, or one of their vendors may have got some nasties.

funk, how many different clone vendors do yall get your clones from? Last time I went down you had some really nice looking clones, has anyone flowered that Sour D cut yet? :plant grow:

The one and only time I've ever had mites (knock on wood), I knocked the fuckers down with a triple-threat predator mite package from altgarden, I think. A few weeks after I applied the predators (they came in sawdust), I moved the plants to the other side of the basement, and sprayed down every surface and crack in the grow area with a bleach solution to kill any eggs that might be hiding. Besides that, I disinfect and sterilize all pots and grow-related stuff with bleach and hot water in between grows. I've not had one problem with mites since, due to proper quarantining procedures and super anal-ness about cleanliness, lol. I did have a problem with scales too, they lived in the soil and would crawl up on the stem, pierce into the stems and suck the juices. They were more annoying than anything, as they were pretty easy to control/kill. (squish!) :bat:

Balazar

I just read that predatory mites eat pollen when they cant find the borg. So could I order some predators and put them in a sealed box with the some bee pollen and create a predator mite farm? Has anyone tried this?

Oh, I was just asking, sine I live right down the street from there. Haven't been to a dispensary inna while...actually not since they opened there. Been to Patients Choice across the street...Jim, the owner, is a good guy. Gonna have ta go check the folks at D9 out...have heard alot of good things about them here on this board...

I just read that predatory mites eat pollen when they cant find the borg. So could I order some predators and put them in a sealed box with the some bee pollen and create a predator mite farm? Has anyone tried this?

Hmmmmmmmm...let me know how it works out!

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran

Don't know about that, but I do know that one of the reasons for the triple threat is because of the appetites of the predators. Some eat voraciously, but will die rather quickly with no food source. Others eat a bit more slowly, but will survive times of no food alot longer than the big appetite predators, meaning they'll catch any strays that might've had eggs hidden somewhere. They also thrive in different conditions, RH and temp-wise, making them work for many different situations. Definitely worth the investment, IMHO. There are also other types of predators (I've seen "mite destroyers", a friend got them, looked quite a bit bigger than a fly, worked well also).

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Only deal with one clone "vendor" wouldn't really call him that.. We treat our cuts with final answer every 3 days- (if they last that long).. who knows where they came from, fact is it's something you have to deal with if you're gonna outsource clones.. So seeds are a good option if ya got the patients /patience..

Wish more people would crack seeds, so we could get some good vigorous genes out there.. Alot of these clone only's are old and tired.. Some cats out here doing it right though big-ups to ya'll you know who you are thanks for keeping things fresh.

Funk

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
We Just finished sexing some triesels, bc roadkill x deep chunk, deep purple(subcool), spacejill ( sub cool), deathstar, got some other things on the horizon for later on in the year 2010 should be a good one!

Thinking about getting some dj short flo, blueberry, vanilluna, and coco kush. anyone know anything about the vanilluna and/or the coco kush?

Budsworth

Okay...I couldn't get up close pictures in focus. Maxed out the focus on the camera...so I think I need a macro lens. What size would I need?

So you get the phone pics.

First harvest...one plant...a little over a z. Can't tell you what it was...because like I said...it was given to me a few weeks into bloom. Pleasantly surprised. Sativa of some sort. Good up high. It was having some issues when I got it.

Bloom5.jpg

5 DP 1 AK47 12/12 day 31:

Bloom1.jpg

Veg and the corner of clones:

Bloom3.jpg

I'll work on a lens for my camera. But it's not going to be anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.