Veteran
whatup CO :wave:

cob your slh is looking so damn good, and that dsd is packin it on too :yes:

more grapefruit

picture.php

It tastes great as well! Good job man:wave:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hey guys...quick question here. The Borg have made an appearance in my E&G. They seem only to ne concentrating on the White Widows. I bombed them 3 days ago with pyrethium and I am going to hit the girls with some Neem Oil today. I, then, want to get some predators. The question...24 girls in a room 14X8...what type and how many predators should I get?

Pic of another guest....

P4130023.jpg

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Air that bitch out, if you plan on using predators.
Encapulated Pyrethium can linger much, much longer than spray P.

Depending on how far you are, predators may not be most effective. They usually take about 4 weeks to reach full force. Of course it looks like that would be in the finishing stage for you, where you definately wouldn't want to use Pyrethium. So they may be worth it.

If you call your local store they will have a mix of the top 3, works well, but keep that RH up.

http://floriculture.osu.edu/archive/apr99/premite1.html
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7405.html

Mites definately have their favorite strains...Whether it is b/c the plant is more succeptible or the juice sweeter, I am not sure.

Air that bitch out, if you plan on using predators.
Encapulated Pyrethium can linger much, much longer than spray P.

Depending on how far you are, predators may not be most effective. They usually take about 4 weeks to reach full force. Of course it looks like that would be in the finishing stage for you, where you definately wouldn't want to use Pyrethium. So they may be worth it.

If you call your local store they will have a mix of the top 3, works well, but keep that RH up.

http://floriculture.osu.edu/archive/apr99/premite1.html
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7405.html

Mites definately have their favorite strains...Whether it is b/c the plant is more succeptible or the juice sweeter, I am not sure.

It's been 4 days now since I bombed...I was planning on going in with NEEM today...for 2 purposes...to get rid of the residual pyrethium and to attack any survivors, which I know there are because of eggs. Then I was hoping to introduce the predators, hoping they would keep things in check....

Rednick

Veteran
I'd introduce predators day 7-14 after judgement day. But air that bitch out!

Rednick

Veteran
Encapsulated Pyrethium.

Number is not as important as placement of mites. They climb your plant, but they do not fly.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Make sure you switch up your treatments every 9 days or so or the little fuckers will get immune to what ever you give them..Try organicide(sp) you can use it on flowers (not to far in) but it works wonders.. From what I know predator mites will only work during vegetative growth, because they go into hibernation when the light cycle goes into 12-12 , and lady bugs pretty much just fly up into the lights and sizzle plus they get everywhere.

Mites are a bitch, but I would take them any day over PM.. Stay on them you'll have those little fuckers subdued in no time good luck!

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
I release 40 lady bugs per square foot(there is strength in numbers).
picture.php

The mite population is fucked as soon as you introduce them, then you dont have to worry about them for the rest of the grow.

I love lady bugs. $10 investment and the work is done. Spraying is bullshit!

PS- I tried 10,000+ ppm CO2 and it does kill adult mites, but does not kill their eggs. If you use that method, I guess you have to repeat it a bunch of times when the next round of eggs hatches, which doesn't make it a costs effective method of eradication for me.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
how far into flower can you foliar feed?
im trying this thinning method, and i wonder if a good foliar feeding would help the larger plants recover alittle quicker.
i would add it for no more then 7-10 days (day 21-28/30 of flower)
is this to late?

any suggestions on a good foliar mix?

Nutrients are not the limiting factor in those plants growth right now. They are already getting enough nutrient from the roots to support a full load of foliage.

The ability of the plant to produce sugars(photosynthesis/leafy mass) is what is limiting the growth of your plants. Giving them more nutrient is a bad idea, IMO.

What do you other guys think?

Knives

The easiest way to avoid any of this nonsense is to just be clean about things. water and bleach...wipe the room down/pots, use clean black&white plastic, CONTROL YOUR ENVIRONMENT! 2 years and x amount of crops later, still no pests/mold/overall issues. Also...this is huge...DONT get clones unless you need to. Seeds are the safest way to go, then clone from there.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Let's face it, sometimes the neem and ladybugs DO NOT work, if it is a relatively small infestation those will work, but if the mites are already in numbers, the ladybugs will never catch up.

Floramite, while not organic, will wipe them out dead, I promise. No more mites. I'd spray only in veg and then do a follow up spray 10 or so days later with somethign like purespray green, organacide, etc.. To clean up the mess.

Sometimes you've gotta bite the bullett and use what works, not always your first choice.

Floramite can be found by the bottle for $300+ or I think there is a guy selling ozs of it on craigslist. 1 oz of floramite will treat most people gardens many times. But all it takes is once! Ok maybe twice in terrible infestation.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
Let's face it, sometimes the neem and ladybugs DO NOT work, if it is a relatively small infestation those will work, but if the mites are already in numbers, the ladybugs will never catch up.

Floramite, while not organic, will wipe them out dead, I promise. No more mites. I'd spray only in veg and then do a follow up spray 10 or so days later with somethign like purespray green, organacide, etc.. To clean up the mess.

Sometimes you've gotta bite the bullett and use what works, not always your first choice.

Floramite can be found by the bottle for $300+ or I think there is a guy selling ozs of it on craigslist. 1 oz of floramite will treat most people gardens many times. But all it takes is once! Ok maybe twice in terrible infestation.

I dont understand why anyone would pay $300 for a bottle of Avid.

Why dont you just use Imidacloprid? You can get a bottle from Home Depot for $10 that will last you forever.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Is that the same active ingredient that's in floramite? I haven't ever had to use it thank god but I have some on hand just in case. (snagged 10ml from a buddy in a syringe).

The one time I had an encounter with spidermites, it was very minor and 2 or 3 sprays of purespray green and a good cleaning has banished them for years.

Whatever works for you I guess

Rednick

Veteran
From what I know predator mites will only work during vegetative growth, because they go into hibernation when the light cycle goes into 12-12
Mites are a bitch, but I would take them any day over PM.. Stay on them you'll have those little fuckers subdued in no time good luck!
My buddy used predators just fine in flower starting week 2-3. The problem was, the plants that has problems were given predators and treated, did great....but the mites spread to the plants that didn't have predators.

"It's a big game of Whac-A-Mole, you hit it down in Miami and it pops up in San Diego", Arnie Metzger (Traffic).

orpanic

Azamax always took care of mites for me. Never had a total infestation though. Never used Avid.
But for PM I think I'm gonna try this Eagle 20 EW.

Status
Not open for further replies.