What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenmopho

Can anyone elaborate on what the laws are concerning self defense and weapons near your grow?

Our MMJ attorney advised us as growers not to keep any firearms or weapons, lethal or non-lethal, in our cars, homes, and grow locations. ALL of those can be misconstrued by the police, both local and federal. And if you have any weapons, even if you don't use them, it can make you look really bad in front of a jury. If someone robs you, let 'em take it all, give em the keys to your car. I love my plants, but its not worth dying over....

The best offense is a good defense. Have security doors, cameras, good locks, alarm systems. Keep odd hours, don't drive straight home or to your grow from your home or from or to a hydro store. Make sure no one follows you. Don't show your grow to people. Don't act like its legal, even if it seems like it is.

(I've mentioned this before, but) There was a case in Florida where a SWAT team busted into an old growers home, he was in his 50s, and he had a shotgun up against the wall on the opposite side of the room from where he was sitting, and the cops shot him dead on the spot, just in case he did try to reach for it.....

Not worth my life...let me be alive to state my case in court!

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.”
William S Burroughs.

Really Mile Hi Dave???

Tell me EXACTLY HOW he was breaking STATE LAW!

I am not sure your transplant ass really knows what state law is.
But your avatar is accurate, you are here for the gold.

Edit: Not trying to be a dick, I just am.

Let's see...235 plants and only 12 licenses... He had licenses allowing him to have 72 plants and only 36 of them flowering.

I don't like that part of the law, but I follow it - religiously! In fact I have more licenses than required. As with every other law, you have people that want to push it....we now have the "Medical Marijuana" that we, patients, asked the voters to approve. Why not follow the rules provided...and work our way up from there? We don't have to like it, I'm for 100% legalization, but until we have that, I will follow the rules we have.

Bhris B was an idiot for going on TV and bragging, especially since he couldn't follow those simple rules....not to mention he was near a school. With all the fear-mongering zealots we have...he couldn't keep his mouth shut. He got his 15 mins of fame tho...

At what cost? His crop? His home? Possibly his freedom? All becuase he had to "brag". Not to mention that idiots like him give those that oppose us even more ammo!:tiphat:

westbank

In Arkansas, you are TOTALLY RIGHT!, these folks can talk all the want about moonshine, but even whisper about some good bud, and they are all over you like ugly on an ape.

Budsworth

likewise, dead intruders dont testify.

im not advocating anything other then self defense, but i would also agree that any grow is not worth losing your life over.
ultimately you will have to decided FOR YOURSELF if you think a weapon is needed.

Budsworth - lets see some harvest pictures.
:)

I'll work on it. I have work today. Also...I can't figure out how to get a good close up picture with my camera. Is there a trick to taking good close ups with a digital camera?

Frankly...it was a bagseed plant that a friend gave that was already 3 weeks into flower. I have a full crop coming right behind (Durban Poison & AK...I know...nothing special...but clones all given to me by a friend)...and my buddy said, "Consider it your first run through. Doesn't matter what you do to it. It's some random bagseed. Experiment with nutes...all that kind of stuff with it."

So I did. But I think the transport from his house to my house stressed the plant and it hermied. While I know this is a bad thing, I know some growers go forever without getting a hermied plant. So in that aspect, it was fascinating and I think I'm lucky to have seen it on my first plant.

There are a handful of seeds in it. But whatever it is...tons of crystals...and even without a cure...really smooth smoke and a great up high. My friend is jokingly calling Green Meth (after Green Crack...I know someone was bitching about names like this earlier...I think it was Warren in that one thread)....because as my friend said, "I smoke it and it makes me want to do shit...like dig holes in the lawn." :laughing:

I hope it didn't get to the DP and AK. But I won't be surprised. I'll consider it a learning lesson. As soon as I was sure...I cut her down. Trichs were still pretty clear with some milky and a few amber. It definitely looked like a Sativa and it definitely feels like a Sativa. Could've gone another week...I think.

Now...if I could just figure out how to use this camera for close ups. Despite the hermie resulting in a handful of seeds...I'm pretty damn proud of the way it turned out and would love to show you guys.

Balazar

anyone have any feedback on recirculating drip setups? or any links to good setups?
i planned to use standard buckets, full of hydroton, and raise the inner bucket off the bottom with some pvc chunks (to prevent root rot)

i havent really looked at recirc-drip, but i would think it is more flexible to build.
im thinking of a mini stadium setup in a homebox xl.

5 and 7 gallon buckets are the same diameter at the top. You can drill holes in the bottom of the 5 and stick it inside the 7. Since the 7 is taller it leaves about a 3" gap between buckets for drainage. You can then attach the drain hoses to the 7 gallon buckets I have a friend that does this. He vegs his girls for 8 weeks or so and standard hydrofarm style buckets are too small.

Budsworth

Oh...and my one patient....a good friend who took a chance on me, who paid for his own card, who got nothing immediately from me, who I told I wouldn't have a harvest ready until June, but STILL gave me his caregivership, is getting most of this bagseed harvest.

He said, "I thought you would be ready until June.". I told him about the plant and told because of his act of kindness I am going to give him the most of the harvest. It's not a whole lot...but I believe in reciprocating. And I think him constantly for doing what he did when all these other long time growers were offering him stuff immediately.

Balazar

would a 3g inside s 5g work also?
i have used 7g buckets for fermenting beer, i will have to check those out. only thing i would be worried about is them over growing my tent.

i may also try 4g square buckets.

I have never done 3gal or square before. I usually order my buckets through this site because they make just about anything that you can imagine out of plastic and they prices are always good. Plus you can order any bucket they make in black! No spray painting or wrapping them with tape. I have been toying with the idea of making a mini bio-bucket system from their 1 gal pails with a standard 7 gal as the res.

[edit] there is a lot of stuff on the us plastics website but its only a fraction of whats in the paper catalog so if you dont find what your looking for on the site just humor yourself and order a catalog. I did and I have ordered all sorts of specialty stuff from them that I never knew anyone even made.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
8 weeks in:
Hashberry from Mandala, I'm a little disappointed in these girls, but that's how it goes sometimes.
picture.php

Double Sour Diesel, she'll go another 2 weeks+ they are monsters, I can't get the whole plants in one shot :D

picture.php

picture.php

Super Lemon Haze, they'll go 11 + weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Let's see...235 plants and only 12 licenses... He had licenses allowing him to have 72 plants and only 36 of them flowering. WRONG!!!! You obviously have no IDEA what STATE LAW is! Please stop spreading YOUR version of STATE LAW, you are not a lawyer, you have not even talked to one, you are just another bored housewife in the sewing circle.
235/12 = 19.58, which is much less than his EDIBLEs allowed!

I don't like that part of the law, but I follow it - religiously! In fact I have more licenses than required. As with every other law, you have people that want to push it....we now have the "Medical Marijuana" that we, patients, asked the voters to approve. Why not follow the rules provided...and work our way up from there? We don't have to like it, I'm for 100% legalization, but until we have that, I will follow the rules we have. COOL! SO did HE!

Bhris B was an idiot for going on TV and bragging, especially since he couldn't follow those simple rules....not to mention he was near a school. With all the fear-mongering zealots we have...he couldn't keep his mouth shut. He got his 15 mins of fame tho... Yeah, here we agree, he was a fuckin' IDIOT! But he still wasn't breaking STATE LAW!

So where did your transplant ass come from???

Sorry I am so skeptical of you MHD, but all your post are "good job dude" or "looking great". Otherwise the rest are "this person wasn't doing it right" or "I'm thinking of putting TWO of those cargo containers on my property".

You are just another GOLDDIGGER that came to my state!

Let's see...235 plants and only 12 licenses... He had licenses allowing him to have 72 plants and only 36 of them flowering.

I don't like that part of the law, but I follow it - religiously! In fact I have more licenses than required. As with every other law, you have people that want to push it....we now have the "Medical Marijuana" that we, patients, asked the voters to approve. Why not follow the rules provided...and work our way up from there? We don't have to like it, I'm for 100% legalization, but until we have that, I will follow the rules we have.

Bhris B was an idiot for going on TV and bragging, especially since he couldn't follow those simple rules....not to mention he was near a school. With all the fear-mongering zealots we have...he couldn't keep his mouth shut. He got his 15 mins of fame tho...

At what cost? His crop? His home? Possibly his freedom? All becuase he had to "brag". Not to mention that idiots like him give those that oppose us even more ammo!:tiphat:
I read that each of his licenses were for edibles and that if you add up the Dr.'s plant recommendations it totaled over 500. I also read that over half of the "plants" the DEA seized were unrooted clones in rapid rooter trays.

Idiot for going on the news? Hell yes. In violation of the law? Maybe, maybe not. There IS an affirmative defense in this state. But, this is a really bad case to be establishing federal precedence with.

Anybody know who is defending him? Is it Corry?

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I read that each of his licenses were for edibles and that if you add up the Dr.'s plant recommendations it totaled over 500. I also read that over half of the "plants" the DEA seized were unrooted clones in rapid rooter trays.

Idiot for going on the news? Hell yes. In violation of the law? Maybe, maybe not. There IS an affirmative defense in this state. But, this is a really bad case to be establishing federal precedence with.

Anybody know who is defending him? Is it Corry?
Joseph Saint-Veltri
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/04/chris_bartkowicz_declines_to_p.php

Status
Not open for further replies.