What's new

Colorado Dispensaries: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran

The prices are what they are. It's a demand driven market, if you have quality product, you can command the higher price, as alphaguru showed. They have overhead, taxes, all kinds of shit to deal with. Find a caregiver, who doesn't have a lot of patients, and then you'll see better prices. :2cents:

Last edited:

SweetBOG

I agree man, i heard one guy whos caregiver went from charging him $200 an OZ to $400! How you cant kick a sick person a free oz a month when you are growing 6 plants for em ill never know.

It's really a joke, isn't it!!! you sign someone as your caregiver, help them expand their business, then they sell you the buds they grew on your behalf at $100 a quarter??!!! they should really be thanking you, not screwing you. IMO if you are a caregiver, you OWE something to your patients. At least a free z every month.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
I would rather not have dispensaries in my state....it's too damn poor for that shit. I can't imagine the robberies...you think they're bad in Cali, shit.

Indeed i think there has only been one in Colorado so far to be robbed.. but these places love to deal in cash so you would assume there would be more Robberies. But maybe no more than a liquor store.

I know when i showed up to AMSDCO and it was full of cops i figured they got robbed.

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
its nice how quotes last even though you changed the above post already hhaa

Dude get out of here.

seriously

Still2Big is not here to cause trouble that is very clear.

these threads were so much cleaner and relaxed before you came back.

LOL

No sorrys at all....I've gotten really pissed on here too, it happens to most of us, haha. It's a touchy subject for sure...like I said, it's a personal debate I think about all the time. Weed and everything that surrounds it can get me worked up too...since it seems to touch SO many areas of my day to day life...and life in general.

My state doesn't have dispenceries yet....I've been following the ones that do and these points that you all have brought up are very important to what's going on in our med. states.

There will always be the compassionate.....always!!!!!
but just like the real life business trends.. mom and pop stores get shut down and take a back seat to the walmarts of the world, well so is the case of the compassionate to the dispensary. Dont get me wrong i am 100000000000% behind people that get off their ass and DO something be it the dispensary or the caregiver! I will charge a dispensary at a top dollar rate and in the same breath turn around and give an ill patient more medicine than they could afford in a year for free!
a coin will always have 2 sides and there is nothing we can ever do about that.....some will always pick heads and some will always pick tales but what matters most is we have the CHOICE to pick either.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
It was in Denver... it was the one that was Raided by the FBI for Being in the same building as CannaMed and the car dealership where they were buying stolen cars with some ID theft they were getting from patience of CannaMed i think..

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
LOL

There will always be the compassionate.....always!!!!!
but just like the real life business trends.. mom and pop stores get shut down and take a back seat to the walmarts of the world, well so is the case of the compassionate to the dispensary. Dont get me wrong i am 100000000000% behind people that get off their ass and DO something be it the dispensary or the caregiver! I will charge a dispensary at a top dollar rate and in the same breath turn around and give an ill patient more medicine than they could afford in a year for free!
a coin will always have 2 sides and there is nothing we can ever do about that.....some will always pick heads and some will always pick tales but what matters most is we have the CHOICE to pick either.

This I do know sir, haha....it is difficult to level out where you should give and take. But NEVER lose your compassionate heart...right on man!

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
Indeed i think there has only been one in Colorado so far to be robbed.. but these places love to deal in cash so you would assume there would be more Robberies. But maybe no more than a liquor store.

I know when i showed up to AMSDCO and it was full of cops i figured they got robbed.

There have been way more robberies and home invasions!!!

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Okay...back to the topic. Why is it that these dispensaries only use cash....I saw that posted a couple times above? I'm curious why....sort of figured that it may be for patient protection.....anyone?

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
lol well i have only seen one so far take Credit Cards in CO.. but it was the one that was raided and was in the same building that they were sealing credit card info.

But Cash is always better to deal with on both sides.

CC = paper trail and that can really show how much they are making.
A good thing about CC is the impulse buy.. another bad thing is Charge Backs.
Buy your Limit then tell the CC company to not pay they ripped you off.

i would prefer cash as a vendor or a dispensary no Checks =P

BudGood

Veteran
Okay...back to the topic. Why is it that these dispensaries only use cash....I saw that posted a couple times above? I'm curious why....sort of figured that it may be for patient protection.....anyone?

In my opinion, because then half (or most) of the money is taxfree. It's alot easier to hide cash.

Credit card processing fees are crazy, 35 cents for swiping someones card...i wouldnt accept them either. This also creates a paper trail, "legal" or not.

BudGood

Veteran
lol well i have only seen one so far take Credit Cards in Co.. but it was the one that was raided and was in the same building that they were sealing credit card info.

But Cash is always better to deal with on both sides.

CC = paper trail and that can really show how much they are making.

i would prefer cash as a vendor or a dispensary no Checks =P

The Highlands and CT in springs takes cards, it shows up as Genovations for CT, and...I can't remember for the highlands, tbh.

But yeah, as a vendor, CG or dispensary, cash is the way to go.

alphaguru

because most of them do not have an established name for which to receive
CC purchases. The ones who do take CC purchases have a business name that shows up. for instance: grateful meds in nederland shows up as jjc enterprises or something.
Some are probably shady and just trying to avoid taxes.

but all in all cash is the easy way.

as well I highly doubt there are many robberies for nothing is left in the store after hours and they only keep 2lb's (aprox) on site at a time.
to prevent such measures.

there are guidelines for opening a dispensary.
it is recommended to have security cameras, steel doors, safes, as well as an established relationship with local police prior to opening

obviously not all know about these guidelines or choose not to follow them, but most dispensaries I have been to have at least 2 forms of visible security

alphaguru

no I haven't but I would love to see some pics of that

some one should just delete the last 10 pages there is almost no useful info

BudGood

Veteran
no I haven't but I would love to see some pics of that

some one should just delete the last 10 pages there is almost no useful info

I'll try to add some, my phones camera isn't the best, I was waiting for my brother to come by and get a pic with his 8 MP. I guess my 2 will have to do! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts