What's new

Colorado Dispensaries: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

still2big

You guys got to realize how lucky we are to have disp ALL OVER COLORADO!......you dont have to go to the shady part of town anymore in the king soopers parking lot & possibly get a gun to your head for your $400, or go to jail. That right there is worth $100 an 8th(well maybe not but do you get the point?) Now you get to check out multiple strains, look, smell, talk to people that know more than "its dro"....... stop thinking the grass is always greener somewhere else, because TONS of people would switch to be here.....now lets all smoke in harmony.....hmmmmm

AMEN! Come on down to Florida! You get a 6gram bag of freaking wet crap for $100 and if its pretty good you will pay more than that.

bunch of crybabies....

alphaguru

HIGH ALTITUDE

just last week I sold a lb at 4200 to a dispensary. and I could probably sell it for 4400 on the street.

there isn't enough weed to go around so therefore prices go up cause everyone is selling out either way.

Ms_Weekend

to good points ragga and msweeknd
i am only bitch posting because the dispensaries are making it like they are getting raped and are paying high prices when they are not.. get to know a few people from around this grow thing here in CO and you will here the same thing..they are full of shit. if a vendor wants his shit sold/bought on the reg and the shop needs it on the reg..then they are both doing it for a set price and it aint close to what most are saying. i just want the bullshit to stop, its OK to make money but dont lie and rip people off because the clients are running in the door right now...most see right threw that shit all in time. these places are all going to weed themselves out soon
Grow Your Own and no need to pay for squat!.

trips
it looked fire & it smelt the best of the strains i looked at..only to be unflushed,harsh,throat ripping almost shwag tasting crap. i gave it away :joint:

you have to also think of the possiblity of being robbed....I highly doubt any insurace will cover stolen MJ......they could lose 1/4 of the years profit in one day..5lbs which most probably have(no idea just a guess) is $32k to the disp which could be gone in the blink of an eye if some dumbass gets a good idea

food for thought

SweetBOG

Even if vendors sold it for less to the despensaries the price would not come down. You're simply asking a store to lower its price because you think its unfair WHILE there are patients walking in with money in hand every minute on the minute smiling. Anyone that has a business knows that is a model of success, so why in the hell do you think they would be willing to change it.
There is a very simple solution START GROWING OR PAY.

yep, whole-heartedly agree. people keep coming and paying, so dispensary prices can only go up. A dispensary is NOT a CARE-giver!!! A dispensary is a business. Don't expect care when you go, expect supply vs. demand. I've been to dozens of shops by now in Colorado and I see it again and again: people do not start dispensaries to care for others, people start dispensaries because they can make a shitload of cash. If you want good prices, look for a real CARE-giver who only has a few patients, and wants to keep it that way.

MrDank

Veteran
I have noticed the dispensaries carry a lot of meds that are very obviously grown outdoors in Cali

alphaguru

yea for real. I have only a few patients and they each get some awesome care, a free qp a month and I make sure they are well stoned whenever necessary.

a dispensary is not going to do that

H

HighAltitude

sweetbog ive seen some of these place only taking CASH. ah.. what tax..oh yeah

H

HighAltitude

HIGH ALTITUDE

just last week I sold a lb at 4200 to a dispensary. and I could probably sell it for 4400 on the street.

there isn't enough weed to go around so therefore prices go up cause everyone is selling out either way.
take it to ny and its 5-6k all day long :woohoo:

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Grow at home....I feel for med. patients that aren't rich, very much. If you want my honest opinion, growing sucks sometimes...especially at first. But, if you are sick or in pain and you are capable of growing your own...do it folks, you owe it to yourself. No better weed than your weed once you become a good grower...because it's yours, you know what went into it and you paid less.

I see both sides, trust me...I've been on both. But, the fact still remains...when you grow weed to sell for a living, you have earned a right to make a good living. BUT, I think that also goes along with it's own need for some level of humanity and morality. I HATE greedy people regardless...screw them. A lot of people have earned their money though, this is a tough debate in my head.

alphaguru

sweetbog ive seen some of these place only taking CASH. ah.. what tax..oh yeah

well do you really want a dispensary showing up on your credit card. I don't think so. unless they have an alternative business name that shows up.

and besides that who cares

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
You guys got to realize how lucky we are to have disp ALL OVER COLORADO!......you dont have to go to the shady part of town anymore in the king soopers parking lot & possibly get a gun to your head for your $400, or go to jail. That right there is worth $100 an 8th(well maybe not but do you get the point?) Now you get to check out multiple strains, look, smell, talk to people that know more than "its dro"....... stop thinking the grass is always greener somewhere else, because TONS of people would switch to be here.....now lets all smoke in harmony.....hmmmmm

There was a place that had nothing over 55.. an 8th no membership required. 9 to 12 strains to choose from.
They had a line out the door...

then the FBI raided them....

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
No sorrys at all....I've gotten really pissed on here too, it happens to most of us, haha. It's a touchy subject for sure...like I said, it's a personal debate I think about all the time. Weed and everything that surrounds it can get me worked up too...since it seems to touch SO many areas of my day to day life...and life in general.

My state doesn't have dispenceries yet....I've been following the ones that do and these points that you all have brought up are very important to what's going on in our med. states.

SweetBOG

I agree with Ms Weekend- we are so lucky to have shops all over the state (and soon to be every few blocks). This is only the beginning fellas, more and more people are growing now, supply will increase. When there's a shop on every block, believe me, these guys are all gonna have to start competing. Prices will drop and quality will go up. It is inevitable at this pace...a handful of new dispensaries just opened in Boulder this week. More next week and the week after that. How are these guys going to get people in their doors once everyone's meds are all pretty decent? They'll have to come up with some kind of incentives. Until then, grow yer own.

alphaguru

I agree with Ms Weekend- we are so lucky to have shops all over the state (and soon to be every few blocks). This is only the beginning fellas, more and more people are growing now, supply will increase. When there's a shop on every block, believe me, these guys are all gonna have to start competing. Prices will drop and quality will go up. It is inevitable at this pace...a handful of new dispensaries just opened in Boulder this week. More next week and the week after that. How are these guys going to get people in their doors once everyone's meds are all pretty decent? They'll have to come up with some kind of incentives. Until then, grow yer own.

grow your own or

find a caregiver who actually CARES
they are out there.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
They are out there and there will be more. The Gold Rush is on its hard to blame people for wanting to make money in this economy.. Just wait till the hater get the Feds involved..
Tax evasion or they got sick and scream foul that there was mold on their bud and then law suites start... And then Big Brother will have to step in and regulate it and there goes the small Dispensaries / caregivers.

I can see all kinds of reason to not open a dispensary.

A sick person that is getting their meds slips and falls in your place.. that cant end well.

still2big

grow your own or

find a caregiver who actually CARES
they are out there.

I agree man, i heard one guy whos caregiver went from charging him $200 an OZ to $400! How you cant kick a sick person a free oz a month when you are growing 6 plants for em ill never know.

alphaguru

....they got sick and scream foul that there was mold on their bud and then law suites start... And then Big Brother will have to step in and regulate it and there goes the small Dispensaries / caregivers.

I can see all kinds of reason to not open a dispensary.

A sick person that is getting their meds slips and falls in your place.. that cant end well.

haha I don't know thats a bit far fetched

I hope that it will all become smaller and more personal.

we are talking large numbers. I haven't come across anyone offering what I do to my patients, and I will still make a modest living. That is whats fair.

I agree man, i heard one guy whos caregiver went from charging him $200 an OZ to $400! How you cant kick a sick person a free oz a month when you are growing 6 plants for em ill never know.

thats ridiculous. like I stated earlier, my patients get a QP a month for free and I ususally charge $300 a z after that because a QP a month equates to just over an eight a day and I don't know anyone smoking that much

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I would rather not have dispensaries in my state....it's too damn poor for that shit. I can't imagine the robberies...you think they're bad in Cali, shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.