What's new

Colorado Dispensaries: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HighAltitude

none member greenmtn..like 5-6 strains on the list are 32+ tax per gram.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
none member greenmtn..like 5-6 strains on the list are 32+ tax per gram.

crap did it keep you high for more than 2 hours?

Did it come in a gold box?

Do they include a BJ when you buy a gram for that price?
we know your getting fucked for sure... I hate retail meds

that is some high dollar retail weed

i know i spent 75.00 on an 8th of DP and i still feel messed up for buying it..
even if it was the Best Durban Poison I've seen in a long time.. Still not worth it

It was that moment i thought well i better learn to do this myself i dont think many people with medical cards can afford to medicate at that price.
But that's what you get with retail.

Just remember to let everyone know that the Quarter of the same strains are only $110.00... Like I try to tell everyone the pricing is "Vendor Driven"

Some of these Growers on here are talking about pricing and $70 an eight is too high. Well I agree, but lets see where the real Mark-up is.

If it costs me $800 to grow a pound, and I sell it to a shop for $4000 that is a 500% mark-up on the product (seems a little excessive). If the shop sells it for $8000 that is a 100% mark-up (pretty standard).

Bet if you look at the average cost to produce seeds you will find the mark-up is A LOT MORE than 100%.

When our crops are coming in things will come down in price, until then maybe you all could beat the prices the vendors are charging down a bit.

Mike

crap did it keep you high for more than 2 hours?

Did it come in a gold box?

Do they include a BJ when you buy a gram for that price?
we know your getting fucked for sure... I hate retail meds

that is some high dollar retail weed

i know i spent 75.00 on an 8th of DP and i still feel messed up for buying it..
even if it was the Best Durban Poison I've seen in a long time.. Still not worth it

It was that moment i thought well i better learn to do this myself i dont think many people with medical cards can afford to medicate at that price.
But that's what you get with retail.

Legalmeduser

Stone Mountain Wellness in Longmont is a good one. They just opened and their selection of strains is impressive. I was in yesterday and picked up some SFV OG kush, BubbaKush and "Abusive" LA kush. All three are grown well, cured and real strong meds. He had a few other strains , including one he wouldnt sell because it wasnt cured to his liking just yet. He said it needed a few more days in the jars The owner Scott is real nice and seems to know a lot about the strains he has. Prices were cheap for member patients for the quality of medication. For temporary patients the prices were still cheaper than 2 other places in Longmont.

I think they are only open like 3 1/2 days a week. Mon, Tue, Fri and part of Sat.

Botanic Labs is another good one.

still2big

Just remember to let everyone know that the Quarter of the same strains are only $110.00... Like I try to tell everyone the pricing is "Vendor Driven"

Some of these Growers on here are talking about pricing and $70 an eight is too high. Well I agree, but lets see where the real Mark-up is.

If it costs me $800 to grow a pound, and I sell it to a shop for $4000 that is a 500% mark-up on the product (seems a little excessive). If the shop sells it for $8000 that is a 100% mark-up (pretty standard).

Bet if you look at the average cost to produce seeds you will find the mark-up is A LOT MORE than 100%.

When our crops are coming in things will come down in price, until then maybe you all could beat the prices the vendors are charging down a bit.

Mike

Well said Mike!

Ms_Weekend

Mike

very understandable....It doesnt matter what the price is SOMEONE is ALWAYS going to COMPLAIN......biz in CO seem to be doing fine....reason why vendors charge 4k is because that is the going rate here in colorado...they can go to the streets and get 4-4.5k.... why sell to clubs for less than that?......reason why its cheaper in cali...on the street they can get around 3-3.5, so the club price is cheaper at around 3k......wait till more meds states open in the midwest, their going to be wishing for our prices......if there were med clubs in new york the prices would be 5-5.5....if you want cheaper prices move to cali and get shot coming out of the disp

Ms_Weekend

Mike

& you cant forget, most vendors still face MAJOR jail time for making your meds.....thats why they charge 500% mark up....and the street dictates the price like I said above...+ isnt the dollar nose diving? how long do you want it to stay 50 an 8th, when gas hits 4 dollars again then do they have permission to raise the prices?...its been 50 an 8th for +10 years

ironhead

I went in to Green Mountain on Saturday and about a half hour later I was legal. It was a positive experience all the way around for me. Mike - it was nice meeting you. I was the 6.5 foot tall white guy... if that helps. :)

I picked up some nice Sour D and Haze, and got some free mendo purps for mentioning IC. I paid about $65 per 1/8 with tax, but they were 4.5g for stem weight and the quality is insane!

I've been in a couple other dispensaries this week, mainly just to look. The feeling of walking into a store and buying weed is still pretty surreal to me.

I love Colorado!

Ms_Weekend

I went in to Green Mountain on Saturday and about a half hour later I was legal. It was a positive experience all the way around for me. Mike - it was nice meeting you. I was the 6.5 foot tall white guy... if that helps. :)

I picked up some nice Sour D and Haze, and got some free mendo purps for mentioning IC. I paid about $65 per 1/8 with tax, but they were 4.5g for stem weight and the quality is insane!

I've been in a couple other dispensaries this week, mainly just to look. The feeling of walking into a store and buying weed is still pretty surreal to me.

I love Colorado!

$65 for 4.5g + free purps!.....NICE DEAL!

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
& you cant forget, most vendors still face MAJOR jail time for making your meds.....thats why they charge 500% mark up....and the street dictates the price like I said above...+ isnt the dollar nose diving? how long do you want it to stay 50 an 8th, when gas hits 4 dollars again then do they have permission to raise the prices?...its been 50 an 8th for +10 years

Good points Ms_Weekend. :)

ironhead and Legalmeduser, great reports! Welcome to our little family ironhead, we sometimes fight and argue just like any other, but this family is the shiznit! ;)

SHAMELESS PLUG: If ya'll have a moment, stop by my grow thread in my sig, Comments, questions and insults are all welcomed! :D

Ms_Weekend

i know first hand from the owner of the dispensary that he is paying $200 an oz and like 3,000-3500k lb. so that does not justify $32+tax a gram. even if you are paying 4,500lb it still aint right charging $32+tax a gram even at 5k a LB it aint right!!!!

I understand $32 a gram is expensive....sounds like charging that much they are trying to get you to buy more for a better price....$65 for 4.5g is only 14.4 per gram, or $110 a 1/4 aint bad...I wouldnt sell any top shelf bud for 3k a lb (unless hes taking 20+)

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
Even if vendors sold it for less to the despensaries the price would not come down. You're simply asking a store to lower its price because you think its unfair WHILE there are patients walking in with money in hand every minute on the minute smiling. Anyone that has a business knows that is a model of success, so why in the hell do you think they would be willing to change it.
There is a very simple solution START GROWING OR PAY.

Ms_Weekend

You guys got to realize how lucky we are to have disp ALL OVER COLORADO!......you dont have to go to the shady part of town anymore in the king soopers parking lot & possibly get a gun to your head for your $400, or go to jail. That right there is worth $100 an 8th(well maybe not but do you get the point?) Now you get to check out multiple strains, look, smell, talk to people that know more than "its dro"....... stop thinking the grass is always greener somewhere else, because TONS of people would switch to be here.....now lets all smoke in harmony.....hmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.