What's new

Colorado Dispensaries: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowlPacks

A few points on price of dispensary meds:

If it's selling and selling hot off the shelves then price will stay the same or even increase. This is just business, and many of us mistake a medical marijuana dispensary for a CARE-giver. But it's just a merchandising store, folks. In this wild west climate of Colorado MMJ in its infancy, no one would open their doors as a public dispensary unless they expect to make cash. Lets face it: a dispensary is a store in a public market; and only the market will (and should) determine the price. Not to mention taking on additional risks/costs from crime and law; along with all the details and work involved in running a busy, BUSY shop.

Still though, prices will drop in due time as supply has been steadily skyrocketing. Has everyone noticed the rate of new dispensaries popping up in the last few months? As do rivers reach the sea, supply will always meet demand. Except for the Okavenga River, which drains into the middle of the desert, but I digress. Everyone values things differently, so I try to be objective in my reviews. Some people only need a few grams each week and they benefit from all the variety being shoveled through the dispensary doors. Many can afford it so they'll gladly pay $50-$60 per week for something excellent. Others need much more medicine so price becomes a big concern.

For those who are realizing that dispensary bud is too pricey, there is an answer! Lets not forget the hundreds of legit caregivers with low patient counts of 2-10. You want a real CARE-giver? Go find one, they're out there. Get out and make connections, be resourceful and proactive in your search for other patients, as the Internet is a wonderful thing. BE THE CHANGE brothers and sisters! Become caregivers yourselves. Charge whatever you think is fair. Hell, I've seen caregivers give away free meds every few months to their patients. $30, $40, $50 for 3.5 grams? Why not go old school and charge $25 for an eighth? Many are already doing just that. It will feel good to look into the eyes of your patients and make life-long friends along the way. Real CARE-givers become karma-receivers.
You said it bro. My plans are to make these dreams a reality! Anyone interested in contributing, please contact me!

BowlPacks

Tripsick- I believe so, there was an article in yesterdays paper about Greenwood Village fucking with them.
They probably wont move too far, but I will miss their current location

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Yeah they had a nice location. So GreenWood Village doesn't like dispensaries?
And i hear Aurora doesn't like them either... so Denver is your best bet unless the FBI shows up

H

HighAltitude

heads-up
canna-mart's location is moving across the street soon from their current location, i think in a week or two. i think their website has a date for the move.

G

guest123

As far as the cookie goes, I think the dosing is not standard in headables brand, so I've heard one cookie is stronger than the next.

I liked bon edibles brand. Hatch wellness has got em.

Most stuff I eat I can't feel at all, so if I feel it a little bit I give it a pass.

Ms_Weekend

this isnt targeted @ anyone, but I just wanted to put this out there about dosage & see what you guys think. I understand one cookie could have some & another not (bad bakers that need a clubbing)

some of you in medical are what anyone would call a Very Experienced Smokers, & love to get STONED to the point where its hard to function, & have smoked 8th blunts since your were 16 making your tolerance VERY HIGH.

Medical is supposed to be just enough to take the pain or problem away (1 or 2 hits) like the buzz of 2-3 beers per say. Not the highest youve ever been in your whole life. I understand some people need more for more painful situations, & need to be knocked out so they cant feel the pain, but it just seems like some of you just like to get stoned to much. :rant: not that weed is a "bad thing".......shit just calm down your habit so you can enjoy it.....what did your mother always say?...MODERATION!

SweetBOG

Good points Ms Weekend. Amazing how much better the high becomes after a day or 2 off. I've had ganja truffels that I consider just OK, but my friend who rarely smokes, thought they were strong.

Ms_Weekend

I used to be that 8th a blunt person, gavity bong, OH lets order this 6ft bong! then get it and relize it takes a vaccum cleaner to fill it up, & 10 people to clear it...but that was 10+ years ago & after taking a few years off, & coming back I love the high 1-2 hits gets me...2 hits is sometimes TOO strong!...

Back to topic

any other disp I should go to this weekend? BAM, Brown Mouse, Green Mnt.? who else are the TOP DISP? Longmont to Castle Rock

SweetBOG

If you're gonna be in Nederland anyway, One Brown Mouse all the way. Also, in Longmont, check out Botanic Labs, but give Matt a call first to schedule an appointment. Expensive at $20 a gram, and can't buy more than 7 grams, but it is among the best

still2big

this isnt targeted @ anyone, but I just wanted to put this out there about dosage & see what you guys think. I understand one cookie could have some & another not (bad bakers that need a clubbing)

some of you in medical are what anyone would call a Very Experienced Smokers, & love to get STONED to the point where its hard to function, & have smoked 8th blunts since your were 16 making your tolerance VERY HIGH.

Medical is supposed to be just enough to take the pain or problem away (1 or 2 hits) like the buzz of 2-3 beers per say. Not the highest youve ever been in your whole life. I understand some people need more for more painful situations, & need to be knocked out so they cant feel the pain, but it just seems like some of you just like to get stoned to much. :rant: not that weed is a "bad thing".......shit just calm down your habit so you can enjoy it.....what did your mother always say?...MODERATION!

:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
$70 an EIGHTH....Is RIDICULOUS.

:yeahthats :yeahthats :yeahthats

Exactly. I don't think so, some might have deep pockets, not I. I'd rather spend the dough on beans or a clone. I can find the same quality, if not better, flowers on the street, for a much better price. Why bother going to a dispensary if I'm going to pay prices like that? :mad:

dc2bar

any collectives forming? My girls produce a good amount more than I need a month, I'd love to get this excess into the hands of people who NEED it at a reasonable price. I could stockpile and drop it at a dispensary, but i'd rather help some people in need out.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
any collectives forming? My girls produce a good amount more than I need a month, I'd love to get this excess into the hands of people who NEED it at a reasonable price. I could stockpile and drop it at a dispensary, but i'd rather help some people in need out.

Thats a good thing i hope more people do it. I know i will if i run into a surplus...

G

guest123

funny thing though, nowhere i've ever been here sells true fire for 50 an eighth. It might look good but its usually weak, or it looks bad tastes bad yet is strong, none of it has all the components in place that I have seen.

Tell me where do I find this stuff if 70 an eigth is so ridiculous. Obviously I don't want to pay 70, but the places that don't charge that much that I've been to in Denver area do not have the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.