What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Didnt realize OP was done with thread. Oops. Nevermind.

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Red Rider!

Great to see you post. I was worried about you, man. We were just discussing Colombian strains on the "Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread".

Please put your next thread in your signature or post the link in this thread so we can easily follow. I'll stay subscribed here just in case.

What a beautiful spot you have access to.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

t99

Veteran
Thanks for a great thread Red Rider, going to miss it! Even if there is or isn't any pure sativas, always appreciated your pics/posts! Weed, women and landscapes! One of the best on IC! If you feel like starting a new thread I'll follow it. Thanks and good luck!

yaxu

Veteran
Mangobiche breeding.
Photos of both sex.
temporary_zpse7eddad7.jpg

temporary_zps362121f3.jpg

temporary_zps64103b54.jpg

This is a neat thread!

I remember SnowHigh mentioning talking with a southern fellow who said real deal Colombian Gold DOES still exist there, just not very easy to find. Supposedly kept mostly for personal stash of those invovled...

bigherb

Veteran
This is a neat thread!

I remember SnowHigh mentioning talking with a southern fellow who said real deal Colombian Gold DOES still exist there, just not very easy to find. Supposedly kept mostly for personal stash of those invovled...

I believe jahgreenlabel is probably the best available source

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=218684

Gage green also carries a Colombian Gold which has a highland Gold Bud mother .IME the definition of sativa

1luvbigherb

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian Gold (not Santa Marta)

Colombian Gold (not Santa Marta)

Hello everyone. I haven’t posted anything for awhile for a few reasons. First is I’m not really able to grow at my current location in the city. I do however have access to a nearby farm but I never have time to go there so I haven’t started anything there yet. Second, is I’m lazy, when I have time I just don’t have the motivation to write about the same weed over and over. Thirdly, I still can’t find my decent camera even after our move eight months ago.
About two weeks ago I ran up on something worth writing about. 90 percent of the time I purchase my bud from the same guy I’ve known for years. He’s not a friend but just someone I can trust to get smoke from. He does get pretty good stuff (never the best of course) but it’s online with the mids I was getting in the states with the occasional exotic. His weed is always called crippy and is always sinsemilla with a hybrid flavor. Again with my laziness, I could find better but I’m so use to calling my guy and the quick easy transaction.
attachment.php

A couple weeks ago I ran into an old friend that has family in Tolima and he had with him some fine Colombian sativa that was from original (domestic) seed stock. When I first saw the bud I thought nothing of it as it looked like “regs” at first sight. I didn’t have time to really look at it much less try it when my friend handed it to me. I guess he gave me a few ozs and when I got home and really looked it over I knew this was special. It is very small almost wispy flowers on small thin stems and a golden green color. Not a lot of un burnt smell but spicy and earthy. Not compressed at all but un trimmed and wild to a point and so far seedless. I had no idea how strong its effect was until I smoked a small bud. The taste to me is incredible, spice and sweet earth, absolutely delicious Colombian flavor. However this stuff really makes me cough, even though my iced bong it tears me up. But the best effect comes right after the coughing. I feel this right away with a rush of euphoria and overwhelming sense of well being that is accompanied by thought motivation. With just a few hits I become very productive and to the delight of my wife I take on even the most unsavory tasks with glee. This wonderful effect last a solid 2 hours and (this is the best to me) the come down is not only clean but I feel no need to reup right away. Depending on the amount consumed I can adjust the effect from a nice motivational “high” to deep sexual stone. I also seem to maintain a very low tolerance as I smoke this every day since I got it and still get the best effect every session. This my friends is the cannabis that I search for, to me it is the best of all worlds. This is nothing like the crippy (although very nice) that I get in the city, this is exactly like the rare primo Colombian that I had once or twice in the mid 70s.
Sorry about the phone picture but this is really gourmet Colombian.
Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
My friend always gets decent Columbian pressed into a brick. Its still nice dense flowers with red hairs and visible trichomes. He planted a bagseed in his yard and got this......
picture.php

I had a runt StrawberryDogshit in his garden pictured here.......
picture.php

picture.php

It had 1 seed in it due to the Columbian spittin a nanner. I planted that seed indoors and got this.....Strawlumbian Shitbrick ~
picture.php

picture.php

It was done in 77 days. I tried a few sample buds and its either, the SDS made the Columbian better, or the Columbian made the SDS worse. LOL
It has a strawberry/peppery taste to her. It smells better than it tastes. It does however have a high CBD/CBN profile which is obvious when smoked and the dirty effect kicks in. I dont feel the Columbian gave anything positive to the SDS.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
awesome redrider! always a pleasure to read that you can still find that kind of Colombian herb, that indeed IS what good Colombian herb should be all about.

man, don't you wish you had seeds in those buds? or at least bought a kilo of that stash? :D

peace!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Real gold

Real gold

Hi bombadil.360, it's always good to hear from you my friend. I do wish I had gotten more from him but I did get an invite to the "finca" were this was grown. But I doubt I'll get the chance to go any time soon.
This weed is just perfect for me because it makes everything better. I feel refreshed and relaxed every time I hit it and like I said with a few tokes it's very motivational and with more it knocks me out (in the most beautiful way).
As far as mixing it with dogshit(?) it don't even sound good. To be honest I don't think you can get results like I get from growing this strain outside of its natural environment. There's just something about Colombian sun & soil that give the effect something very special.
There's a lot of thick Indica dom. hybrids here that are grown locally but it is not even close to the really fine domestic that is rare. As a matter of fact I just obtained some really nice "crippy" but I haven't even touched it since I received this free sample.

Anyway I do have a few plants growing around the house but nothing exciting since they really don't get enough sunlight. Funny thing about my Colombian wife. She hates weed and really wanted me not to grow. But she is insanely competitive so I told her I could grow anything better than she can. Now she has 6 seedlings that she vows with not only grow faster/better than mine but will also produce better bud. I said prove it and that's all she needed, now she is doing what I want but thinks she's not. Funny cause I do almost the same thing with her with sex.

Peace from Colombia!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice

Very nice

I dont feel the Columbian gave anything positive to the SDS.[/quote]

Those are beautiful plants, but they don't look like traditional Colombian at all. To me they look very Indica with little or no Sativa expression. However it is true that most Colombian (mostly the lowland commercial export) is very dirty in effect, even though potent. What I get locally is grown in small batches and of a quality that doesn't get exported. The gourmet Colombian rarely if ever leaves the country.

attachment.php

Colombian (grown at 2,800mt) high altitude sinsemilla Sativa 2005

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Red rider

Nice too see you posting

It be exciting to see anything grown from you (n your wife )under that sun . I look forward to a future finca project

Best wishes

1luvbigherb

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
bigherb, always a pleasure to see your posts and thank you for your generous input. It is taking me forever to get to growing again. I go to the finca and find a nice spot to grow but I end up getting drunk with the owner and never plant the seed. However now the wife is competing with me so next trip we will sow seed. As soon as its legal I'll send you some of Colombia's finest!

Peace

C

charlie garcia

Sounded good RR, being for personal use it seems they cared a bit of those plants.
Best vibes, cuidate
kaiki

Raho

Veteran
bigherb, always a pleasure to see your posts and thank you for your generous input. It is taking me forever to get to growing again. I go to the finca and find a nice spot to grow but I end up getting drunk with the owner and never plant the seed. However now the wife is competing with me so next trip we will sow seed. As soon as its legal I'll send you some of Colombia's finest!

Peace

Kind of sad to see this one come to an end Red, but I have to admit, the story has carried itself to a lovely ending.
Congratulations for mastering the opportunities, building such great friendships and such a rich life for your family.

Looking forward to the start of the next chapter :)
Always changing, growing, learning.

The number of people who were there and paying attention back in the heyday that participate in these forums is pretty low, so please DO create a new thread to keep in touch with all your friends here. I would hate for you to drift off :tiphat:

There are commercial lines still available that have well selected Colombo families in them, easily accessible through selection. The traits can be quite persistent in breeding I find ;-)

So, don't give up and excited to hear what's next for you!

Last edited:

PVCR

Well said

Well said

Ah yes, old school lumbo meets the classic super hybrid. Both these plants were grown out under the same high altitude equatorial sun but wow what a difference. The widow is top self in everything, looks smell, taste is ok and the effect is a perfect balance depending on the amount consumed. The widow is undeniably stronger and prettier; it’s very much medical in every aspect. The “regular” or domestic is pure high altitude equatorial sativa, cured the old school export way. This is just like I remember very good “mersh” Colombian from the 70s being. It’s good but not quite the finest of this grade of Colombian. After “cleaning” the lb, I had maybe (guessing here) two ounces of garbage and no really nice buds. However in a heads up comparison with the Colombian grown white widow this raggedy looking mountain bud held its own in quality of effect. The sativa always gets me feeling really good (no tolerance yet) where the widow sometimes just stones me too much leaving me burnt out. I’ve been burning both but more of the regs and really enjoying them.

View Image
White Widow V.S. Colombian

Peace from Colombia!

I love your side by side comparisons and your written description and comparisons of both, very helpful and informative.

Thank you:dance013:

fantonald

I´m growing like you

I´m growing like you

Hey Red, check out my grow journal. I´m growing out some seeds I´ve gotten from the local barrios around Medellin. Would love to start a conversation about growing at altitude with cold temps. We get down around 10 C here at night at 2300m.

Hope to hear from you

fantonald

What about other colombian varieties?

What about other colombian varieties?

Hey Red Rider, just a thought. You gotten anything out of the southern parts of Colombia or from the West Coast? Seeds out of Choco or Popayan? I haven´t been down to the amazonia yet, but I figure Leticia has to have stuff from Brazil, Popayan maybe gets theirs out of Ecuador? Any experience with this?

Huesos

Can anyone provide any history on Chocolate Colombian?

How about Colombian Gold (pure)? Seeds are the tiniest I've ever seen.

Siever

Veteran
Perhaps you could ask Jah Green, since he sells those seeds it's very likely he knows a thing or two about them.

Siever