What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

ThaiBliss

Veteran
hi ThaiBliss
Best grow of Mangobiches I saw was done by JGL, pics must be around somewhere. Mines are always seeded :peacock: Havent taken many pics lately. Few detail leafs. All tests done were very satisfiying

"Colombian ladies (god knows I can't forget mine)" I cant forget mines either, be sure lol :biggrin: both colombianas

I used to talk about sticky and thin plants of PR like in your picture I used to do when younger and instead of bushes some used to mention

best

Absolutely beautiful Charlie, thanks. Even the pic of the stars looks beautiful. It appears to be a crystal clear, like I like my high, cool night with the sky sparkling, like I like my buds.

:biggrin:

C

charlie garcia

thx TB
yesum, guess Panama is a different story. Bred for different traits, more consistent. Stronger smoke too. But its not THE Panama Red, its an hybrid with 3 panamans of different places and ages called just Panama. Is been said more refering to phenos, red and green

few more details of Mangobiches and close ups of males too
best
kaiki

Attachments

• 1 Col MB 07 090131B 027 copia.jpg
    1 Col MB 07 090131B 027 copia.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 13
  • cflwhitecab 6thrun day35f 03 kksc in cab lights off
    cflwhitecab 6thrun day35f 03 kksc in cab lights off
    34.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 3 Col MB 10 090131A 007 copia.jpg
    3 Col MB 10 090131A 007 copia.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 4 Col MB 12 090131A 018 copia.jpg
    4 Col MB 12 090131A 018 copia.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 5 Col Mangobiche 6  101111C 002 copia.jpg
    5 Col Mangobiche 6 101111C 002 copia.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 19
  • 6 Col MB 01 090219A 015 copia.jpg
    6 Col MB 01 090219A 015 copia.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 19

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love those males kaiki, its very nice to see them!. Well my wonderful wife is really testing me again, we've looked at many nice houses here and none are for her. This is a very picky woman, every house has something she doesn't like. We have less than a month and we're still looking. I'm not stressed (like she is) but my seedlings are getting big and need to be put outside. Plus I have no idea where the camera is till we move and unpack. Updates coming.

red rider

OLDproLg

Veteran
Hope it goes well...

Cant wait to see your stuff again Red!!!
Love your passion,thats what the MJ world needs.....
Lg

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Soon come Red, all will settle and the babies will eventually have a home.
In the mean time I dug up one of my favorite posts. You remember.

Hi ngakpa I have been living in Colombia for about 3 years now and I don't know any traditional (Colombian) growers but I do know that they (not all but the majority) sweat Cure huge amounts of field grown plants. 30 years ago when I lived in Texas I heard people talk about some super strong black Colombian called "wacky weed" but I never saw it. Even now down here (Colombia Andina) I have never heard of any type of "black" marijuana. Now I have seen some very dark bud here that I think was at the bottom of one of those two ton curing piles. I think this because the weed was not only dark in color but crushed, almost but not the same as compressed brick weed (Mexican) and it had a super strong narcotic sleepy effect. I didn't like it at all and I only got one time from an unknown source, maybe this was what some people would call a "Colombian black" . If I find any more info. I will post it. Until then here are a few more pics of mine.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9982PICT6691.JPG]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9982PICT6692.JPG]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9982PICT66951.JPG]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/9982PICT6698.JPG]View Image[/url]

Punto Rojo IMHO is the "best" Colombian strain. Punto Rojo is what I would call Colombian "dank", it's just really a great experience.

Dam the images are not showing up, gotta click on them.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update
I wish I had some good news to report, unfortunately I haven’t. I still haven’t been able to move and can’t find the good camera. I’m down to 3 out of ten seedlings (that are dying to get in the sun) due to an accident; however the worst news is the recent samples I’ve run across the past few weeks. The last one I thought was going to be really good because I was told it was super potent. I was also told it was “black” sinsemilla and it was. Not really purple but dark black spicy smelling fresh flowers, not a seed found yet. It’s very exotic looking compared to most of the other samples and after testing it is indeed very potent. But I don’t like it, the smell, the taste is very nice but the effect is overwhelming and never ending. In a nut shell this stuff makes me stupid (in thoughts and actions) and lazy for a long time. Smoking less really doesn’t help the intensity only the duration but it always leaves me with a sleepy hangover. I will give it credit that it doesn’t give me a headache and it is richly euphoric for the first 45 minutes. This would be great for a sleep aid or elephant tranquilizer but for me it’s not what I want for daily medication. Anyway we are still searching for a new casa and I hope to get some pics up of some living plants.
Red rider

djimb

Veteran
Hey Red and everyone!

I'm new here, but I wanted to say that this is a great, super informative thread. I'm currently living in Ecuador and a coworker brought me some really nice Colombian sativa when he came back from a trip home to Medellin. I've been looking at all the pictures on here trying to figure out what it might be, but it's harder now that its gone :biggrin:
I found several seeds in the bag and I intend to get them home when I leave (my visa's good through June. I may or may not try to renew it). and see what pops!
I agree that the highland ecuatorial climate seems perfect for the ladies (though I like Colombia better for all kinds :p ), but I work in a hostel in Quito, so the only planting space I have is on a balcony, and with the volume of folks that pass through this place, it doesn't seem wise to try to grow anything out.

Anyway, great thread, Red, and I hope you find a house soon! I can't wait to see more of these gorgeous sativas!

-djimb

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I apologize for my lengthy absence, as usual life keeps interfering with my plans. We did get moved but again only temporary until we can find a house “she” likes to buy. The new rental house is a nice upgrade compared to the last place and I even have a balcony (small). However the problem with the balcony is its facing a very busy street and is visible from street level. I’m growing some sativa there now but doubt I can finish them before we move again or they get too noticeable. The balcony gets 7 full hours of direct afternoon sun but there’s so much traffic someone would for sure spot any decent sized plant so I thinking about grow some pure Indica in the near future. Until then I have been buying and finding some nice “cripy” of many aromatic strains, some better than others. I haven’t seen any pressed bud for months and my contact doesn’t want to fool with it any longer. I’m sure it’s around but I haven’t had the time to search out any new contacts. The cripy is or can be very good, even better than anything I had up north. Nicely dried, un pressed, frosty sinsemilla flowers of various colors but the potency can be really good to a 20 minute buzz. I can’t tell by looking or smelling if it’s good or not, however most times the cripy is of quality. I’ll get some pics up as well as a complete report ASAP.
Red rider

Raho

Veteran
Hi Red,
coming from the same experience as you, dealing with a wife who would only accept a brand new house in ritzy suburban areas every time we moved, I would offer you this bit of advice:
If you let her priorities over-rule your priorities, it will be a cause of frustration for you down the line.

My advice: keep looking for what you think is perfect, don't let her dominate the decision making. She needs to learn to compromise on getting her way and think about her man's needs.

After many years of this, I am at the point that someday, I will move where I want to live, with her or without her.
The more you put your needs aside for someone you love, the more you risk resenting them for it later.
You see, those needs don't go away, they are postponed, and the person who prevented you from fulfilling that need for some bullshit selfish reason probably doesn't understand how important your goals are.
If growing this plant is a calling to you, which it clearly is, it will keep calling to you over the years like a siren.
Eventually you will wake up someday, pissed off, thinking damn, imagine if I was with someone who SHARED my passion and worked WITH me on this instead of working to prevent me from fully exploring my passions?

15-20 years from now, if you want your wife to be that girl that shares your passion with you instead of being an obstacle to it, then make sure you get what you need now.
Don't let her convince you that a shiny "doll-house" home is more important than your need for privacy, security, and a big garden.

This is one decision that you need to take control of. Tell her:

I don't want to wake up 10 years from now, mad at you because I didn't stand up for what I knew was right in this decision. I want to set us up for a safe, happy life together, and to do that, the house we live in may not be your first choice.
I need to make sure both of our needs are accounted for. I will try to meet yours as much as possible, but cannot accept a place that does not (your list here.)

Just sayin mate.
If I had someone giving me that advice 13 years ago, I would be much happier right now.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The wife thing

The wife thing

Hi Red,
coming from the same experience as you, dealing with a wife who would only accept a brand new house in ritzy suburban areas every time we moved, I would offer you this bit of advice:
If you let her priorities over-rule your priorities, it will be a cause of frustration for you down the line.

My advice: keep looking for what you think is perfect, don't let her dominate the decision making. She needs to learn to compromise on getting her way and think about her man's needs.

After many years of this, I am at the point that someday, I will move where I want to live, with her or without her.
The more you put your needs aside for someone you love, the more you risk resenting them for it later.
You see, those needs don't go away, they are postponed, and the person who prevented you from fulfilling that need for some bullshit selfish reason probably doesn't understand how important your goals are.
If growing this plant is a calling to you, which it clearly is, it will keep calling to you over the years like a siren.
Eventually you will wake up someday, pissed off, thinking damn, imagine if I was with someone who SHARED my passion and worked WITH me on this instead of working to prevent me from fully exploring my passions?

15-20 years from now, if you want your wife to be that girl that shares your passion with you instead of being an obstacle to it, then make sure you get what you need now.
Don't let her convince you that a shiny "doll-house" home is more important than your need for privacy, security, and a big garden.

This is one decision that you need to take control of. Tell her:

I don't want to wake up 10 years from now, mad at you because I didn't stand up for what I knew was right in this decision. I want to set us up for a safe, happy life together, and to do that, the house we live in may not be your first choice.
I need to make sure both of our needs are accounted for. I will try to meet yours as much as possible, but cannot accept a place that does not (your list here.)

Just sayin mate.
If I had someone giving me that advice 13 years ago, I would be much happier right now.

Hey Raho, thank you for your insightful advice and I agree 100% with you. I put myself in this position and regretfully I accept it. Really I have many other obligations and objectives preceding my need to cultivate at the moment. I've become lazy from the ease of "buying" good bud here. I know people that have farms that possibly (I haven't asked) I could grow or have grown for me but I just haven't gotten to it. But I have a few plants growing and a new batch of cripy to try so its good. As far as the wife tolerating her is not as bad as visitation with the kids so I'll hang in there. I really love living in the country and have strong bonds with its people. Right now life's good .

Peace

Raho

Veteran
I have thoroughly enjoyed your posts RR. Thanks for keeping us all current on whats going on down there.
Some of the best bud I ever smoked was SMCG in 1981.
Sounds like you are ahead of the curve there .
My hope for you is to have a full happy marriage with all the benefits that come from that, as well as the freedom to be your own man.

All the best my friend!
raho

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think we can all agree

I think we can all agree

Off topic but true.....

attachment.php

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
Hi Red.
Hope all is well in your beautiful mountain enclave ;-)
It does seem like a paradise you have for yourself down there. Simple small town living, beautiful young wife, money steady. Most people call that living the dream.
Maybe that's why I personally enjoy your writing so much.
I can clearly imagine you meeting the younger group in the little park with Jr., smoking their surprisingly superior cheeba and connecting with the girls. Gettin so distracted that you forgot to accept the sample, and Poof! Everyone's gone. Reconnect impossible. One of those freak meetings. Village life. Trying to influence your loved ones to support your desire to get MORE rural, private, secure, self-sufficient, etc. Maybe a little frustrated by the resistance, but thankful for all your gifts. Trying to grow a little smoke where you can, wishing you could grow more.
Yeah, I connect with your experience in many ways.
So this male is kind of a "Super Colombo" pheno of ohaze and NL. Been calling him oBoy:
picture.php

After smoking a LOT of crosses made with him, he seems extremely potent, tastes like a sweet earthy Colombian, and throws an old school happy trippy radiant high that reminds me in one cross of santa marta gold. The NL (Nirvana 06) is very neutral in taste and structure, adding mostly resin and a bit of hashy taste.
Crossed with a nice OG Kush, we have had great results. Kinda red tasting here, orangey:
picture.php

I grew some bagseed Colombian in 1981 and had helped others grow it in 79 and 80.
These were classic old school Columbians and very distinct from the Mexican and the Red Bud plants we also tried to grow :)

I remember the Colombians growing in beautiful, symmetrical Christmas tree structure. The fingerling flowers covering the branches and if lucky, fattening up and maturing enough to harvest (early) before the end of November, after a couple of frosts, now a deep rich purple.
The Colombian leaves were dark green, more refined in appearance, with serrations that tended to angle further forward, for a "sharper" appearance. The harvested flowers turned the branches into rounded point spears.
I remember the first time my buddy took me to a plot of his Colombian plants in the woods. Grown in a small opening in the woods, as we approached, the hole in the trees above allowed a finger of light to come down right onto three 7 footers just starting to flower.
They seemed to sparkle with energy in the sun there, green and gold with a little white in the not quite popcorn bud stage.
It was love at first sight.

So . . .
what's goin on Red?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finca

Finca

Wow Raho thanks so much for your kind words & outstanding pics, your always welcome at mi casa. A lots happened and life seems to be on an upswing for us/me. However I don't have time to go into details but we have new friends and they have a "finca". It's like a small farm just outside the city, about an hours drive. Nothings for sure yet but I think I've found a very nice growing environment for my Colombian Sativa. The fincs owner (my new friend) doesn't smoke or even drink but has no problem with cannabis. He said I could plant some there but I only get a chance to go to the finca every 3 or 4 months.

attachment.php

So I can't be with the grow but I think I'll try to grow anyway.

attachment.php

This finca is less then an hour south of Bogota and the climate here is lush tropical highlands with rich volcanic soil.

attachment.php

My thoughts are to move there but impossible to make a decent living there.

attachment.php

I also sampled some local bud (sativa) that was fantastic but I'll have to wait to send that report. Take care my friends and more to come on this story.

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:
C

charlie garcia

Glad to know things may improve, looks nice and discret.
let me share this purple lady with you :) not big yielder but with the cold nights she is looking like this, colombian Mangobiche x Peyote Purple
best luck as usual
kaiki
MangoxPeyote131016035copia_zps283c9105.jpg

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Congratulations Red Rider,

I'm glad to hear you have something that looks promising for your situation. Looks like a garden of Eden. Does your friend want to sell?

:laughing:

ThaiBliss

bigherb

Veteran
Red rider

Nice too see you posting

Those pictures are amazing ,makes me wanna vaca .Damn i wanna visted that country

What better care than the hands of a farmer lol ,Im sure your friend would do atleast a decent job .If its the only option now Id explore it abit .Not sure on your situation but 3-4 months at a time would worry me .If its only an hour ride maybe you can make it more often

Dont hold out on those local sativa reports either ;)

1luvbigherb

Rinse

Veteran
Wow Red, what a lush place to grow, Im sure your sats will love it there, I'd also be tempted to pop in a few indicas and hybrids, shit could get real exotic with that volcanic soil.
Peace.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you so much everyone, when I get this work monkey off my back I'll reply to everyone in detail. Very good things are happening now!

red rider

Latest posts

Latest posts