What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

satva

Veteran
Colombian Gold x C99

Colombian Gold x C99

1970's Colombian Gold x C99

picture.php

Punto Rojo - 1 (female) x 1970 Colombian Gold x C99

Punto Rojo - 4 female x 1980 Colombian Gold x 1960's Jamaican lambsbread

1980 Colombian Gold x 1960's Jamaican Lambsbread

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow I've learned so much since starting this thread. After long talks with Charlie Garcia, I've come to the conclusion that the ;and races are still indeed here.Of course they are, however most and not pure and mixed with something along the way through the years. This is speculative guessing at best without DNA testing but it seems some strains have remained pure. The Punto Rojo (one of many) SMG and Mangobiche that we grow now are pure. I think if the Colombians still have these fantastic strains why aren't they still being produced on large scale, like before? Economics, that's why, not enough money in it. Like I've stated before most colombian cannabis growers dont smoke, they know how to grow sweet sticky flowers but no passion for the effect. So I think the original great Colombian strains simply went kind of feral as not being selected like they were before. And once the skunk got here no body wanted to waste 9 months on a low potency plant. So here we are 2016 reintroducing selected pure Colombian strains into Colombia. The future looks brighter than ever.

red rider

satva

Veteran
hey red rider, CBG Punto Rojo and USC ColJam (Colombian Gold x 1960's Jamaican Lambsbread) have two of the classic 1970's highs. Punto Rojo psycedelic and euphoric, and ColJam clear, cerebral, trippy, the best phenos are +20 weeks of flowering from mature plants in vegetation. I agree CBG's Colombian genetics are pure NLD although there appears to be several phenotypes of Punto Rojo.

After smoking only Punto Rojo and ColJam for a long time, even small amounts of WLD in a cross can be deleted in the high. SamS often notes Hazes, such as Pure Colombian NLD are best expressed in crosses. Not sure whether SamS was referring to increased yield, or if quality of the Haze high improves with some bottom end in the high 25% WLD. I believe Haze x Skunk is:

[Colombian Punto Rojo x (Colombian Gold x Afghani) /Acapulco Gold]

Do you have any words of wisdom on the high or other comments about smoking your homegrown CBG Punto Rojo, and Mangobiche verse Mextiza, Red Snake, or the local Colombian grown Colombian Pure sativa (NLD), grown by others.

My fourth harvest of Punto Rojo is near and I promise this time, I'm going to wait till this Punto Rojo harvest fully cured before I start smoking.

jay sus

i´ve noticed that hybridizing with wlds always depletes the high, even 3/4 sativa crosses are of limited interest. but i´d quess i´d think differently if my main concern would be catering to needs of coffee shops, dispensaries or some such. mo money is still mo money.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Here is my CoJam

I was growing some potent hybirds at the time. First time I grew around my wife. She is from Brazil. Anyway, she didn't even think this looked like weed because all she is used to seeing is hybrids. I flowered this one for a year and ended up making hash out of the whole plant. It was some of the trippiest hash I ever smoked. Probably the Trippiest hash I ever had. One hit and you were on a serious laughing trip.

Sativan

I just bought some Columbian Gold seeds from W.O.S. It's the 19.3% THC strain of landrace Columbian from the Santa Marta mountain range. The red is grown above 2,500 meters and the gold below that elevation. Below that elevation are lush jungle soils and various types of great fertile soil.

According to W.O.S. this strain has been inbred to purify the strain. Inbred for generations of growers trying to purify the landrace.

Sativan

Ah, the Red Point Columbian. I've seen it but I haven't smoked it in years. That's why I bought these Columbian Gold seeds. I wonder if I feel as good as I did in H.S. in the parking lot getting high.

Green Squall

Not trying to rain on your parade, but I have never heard anything good about WOS. But, if you bought them definitely grow them out and let us know how they are.

I got some Thai seeds as freebies from them so I'm curious to know if their legit.

meizzwang

Not trying to rain on your parade, but I have never heard anything good about WOS. But, if you bought them definitely grow them out and let us know how they are.

I got some Thai seeds as freebies from them so I'm curious to know if their legit.

Regarding WOS's legitimacy, FWIW, here's my report on mama thai from them, scroll down the post to see pics: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=303370&page=2

I still have seeds to this WOS's mama thai, but haven't been tempted to pop them for close to a decade now. That's gotta say something.....

troutman

Seed Whore

Thai are not easy to grow and very sensitive to high nutrient levels.

I know first hand of the delicate hand they require. :biggrin:

Hint: Less is more when feeding pure Sativas. :tiphat:

thejact55

I grew world of seeds thai some years ago. Only a single female, so take it for what it is worth. The strain finished in 10-11 weeks. Semi dense buds. Semi sativa. The proper smell was there a musty woody spicy smell, ill give it that. I would peg it at 50% thai traits. You could tell it was in there, but definetely a cross. My 2 cents. I didnt mind the wos morraccan, good bud, but i wouldnt peg them as pure by any means

I think "mama thai "is seedsman though. I have those seeds too but they sit in my fridge. From what ive seen mama thai seems more "sativa" at least compared to my wos plant