What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CoCoSativas testing reefermans sativa crosses

CoCoSativas

So reef is probably the coolest breeder out there. He hooked me up with some beans to test, crosses that i thought exsisted in my dreams. Im not huge on kushes on their own, but when hybridized i enjoy them alot more. Lately ive been really interested in og hybrid with haze and stuff like that.

So ill be testing 2 golden temple kush crosses, one hoa bac x gtk and the other is big sir holy weed x gtk. I cant explain how excited i am for those two. Out of reefs gear hoa bac and big sir totally jump out at me. I want to get around to willie one day too.

Anyway, the others are xd 11, a very interesting concept a 11 generation super poly hybrid elite cut mashup. I have to say these look promising. The only fems of the bunch

Also reef chamged the last one, i was expecting hoa bac x harmony which i was very excited to try, but im just as excited as to try the replacements. Pakistani x accidental haze.

I expect to get some beautiful plants and some absolutely mind warping smoke. Im currently running a bunch of dutch gear i love, but am proud to add some killer canadian genetics to the lineup. Cant wait for clones. Alao very stoked about the regs, all my cuts im running are from fem, im actually low on regs so this will be nice. Im keeping cuts off everything for sure.

Bonus reef included some oil or whatever (concentrate) that is killer. Best concentrate ive ripped in my life, gotta be at least 50 bucks worth. It was really kind of him. The package was delayed (which was no big deal) so before it went out jhe added a surprise. It tastes like its off of some killer sativa. Sure is smooth...

So ill sow them tomorrow. Pics of them i the cuppies and all.

Oh and i dont want to hear a single breeder bash on reef. The man is strait up and i dont care what anyone says he is 100% legit in my books. No other breeder ive ever bought off of has given me more than a couple freebie seeds. Reef sent me a pack with alot of seeds of crosses id kill for to test and some dope im really enjoying. If you have something negative to say about the man hit the road...

Charles-scott

Veteran
I am sorry I was scraping the barrel on the big sir these are from the Golden temple Kush breed we threw in a few clones to make some interesting new f-1 hybrids .
I sent the majority to a friend in Cali who tests for me so I had to dig into seconds for the Big sir since you really wanted to grow those .
The Golden temple Kush is a pure Landrace hash plant from north of Amritsar India where the golden temple is collected within a 10 km of the Boarder with Pakistan , nothing like OG Kush or what we call Kush in North America its from the Hindu Kush region you will not have any of those common Kush tastes or types your thinking about
I sent you f-1 because they tested great and just produce bigger more viable plants I am sure you will see .
The Golden temple Kush does not seem to effect the overall flavour or structure in hybrids rather it tends to just increase density and shorten flowering times .
As I have stated I have 5-6 years of breeding around thought we should do a little public investigation , the Pakistani x accidental is the same Pakistani I am growing outdoors now it throws pink hairs and smells similar to pink Kush a little more reserved but very close I am pollinating the Pink master Cut with that line it is the only strain that has potential to have any issues with stability buts its lovely smoke
Sorry about the crude packages etc I have fancy packs but honestly I wanted to get them out as I was popping back to where I had those stashed and heading back to the garden did not really expect pictures of the shitty papers on the thread
The Concentrate is budder made from "tea cup" its a lovely flower that makes exceptional concentrates one of my wife favourite flavours
Charles

Last edited:

Buddler

Veteran
Right on Cocos tagging along for this one Reefs got some awesome strains. I want to try the Willie .Shiet beans and budder that's awesome man ..Bud

CoCoSativas

Sorry about the crude packages etc I have fancy packs but honestly I wanted to get them out as I was popping back to where I had those stashed and heading back to the garden did not really expect pictures of the shitty papers on the thread
The Concentrate is budder made from "tea cup" its a lovely flower that makes exceptional concentrates one of my wife favourite flavours
Charles

Oh no worries about the packs my friend. I should have mentioned the packs are exactly how i keep seeds. I toss them in dimebags because they fit in my seed keeper better. Besides these are unreleased testers nobody expects them to be in packs, least of all me.

Oh and thats interesting about the golden temple. I thought maybe it was some og as they are real common on the scene. Even more interesting what they are. Im really excited for these seeds. I cant tell you how much i appreciate you found something that will fit my style.

Well i guess i better get some cups out and fill them with coco. I have my best results germinating directly in substrate (though not rockwool, i wish i could figure out rockwool seed germination but it never works for me) coco always works better than even dirt i find as its just one materiel not several, no perlite to interfere with the seedlings like in soil mixes from the shop.

So im using canna coco a b nutrients and really digging that stuff. Working better than the gh flora. Im so happy i wont likely be changing foods this is probably going to be what i use for coco forever.

Well time to get started. Im going to post an update in a litte bit here.

Charles-scott

Veteran
My Beds at the big facility are all t-tape drip irrigation on a custom made coco blend we use general hydro with cap-mag .
Charles

CoCoSativas

My Beds at the big facility are all t-tape drip irrigation on a custom made coco blend we use general hydro with cap-mag .
Charles

Thats very cool you use coco too reef! It seems to be really catching on these days. I think ill keep at the coco the rest of my life.

I liked the gh but my early impression of the canna is i wont likely be trying out as many hydro foods as i thought.

So i put down seeds today. 8 big sir x gtk, 8 hoa bac x gtk, 3 xd-11 and i also put in 2 of my nepali skunk cross. I didnt have room for anymore cups on my starting tray. Ill either start the reamaining seeds and accidental x Pakistani when the trays clear or run a second test. I only have the one 4x4 right now... Maybe ill get another one i have all the other gear hear inn my place.

Pics of the startup tomorrew sorry fols its been a long one

CoCoSativas

So due to space issues I couldn't put down all of the seeds at once. I was able to put 8/11 of the sirs and the hoa bacs. 3/5 of the xd 11s and I had room for 2 more seeds (which at this point haven't gone) and chose my Nepali skunks. I had limited space because I germ in cups of coco on a clone domes tray and only had one dome tray which holds 21 cups.

So far I have 4/8 sirs above coco. All 3 xds are up too. The hoa bacs did pretty well 7/8 went.

So I'm a little lite. My new plan is 9 females per cycle in my 4x4. Aiming for 60 grams per plant. I'm happy I have my 3 xds covered but I'm thinking I'll sprout the rest of the sirs. I'll also get on cracking a few of the Pakistani x accidental hazes.

Well I'll have this one to compare yield wise to my current grow, which is the first with the 9 plant, 540 gram target.

Honestly I'd still be very pleased with a pound. Let's see what I get!

CoCoSativas

so far 3 xds, 4 sirs and 7 hoa bacs are doing well. 3/3, 4/8, and 7/8 not bad at all.

they got their first feed yesterday and doubled in size. im digging my canna nutrients, everything responds really well to this food [canna coco ab set]

spaceboy

Hey Cocos nice thread. I just started some kali mist crosses in coco, any idea on what EC i should shoot for running sativas in coco?

jefe noche

Hay CoCo!!!

Kick booty my friend!!! That GTK sounds off the hook!! I am gonna follow this for sure!! Congratulations!!

CoCoSativas

Hey Cocos nice thread. I just started some kali mist crosses in coco, any idea on what EC i should shoot for running sativas in coco?

well my tapwater has a starting ec of 0.4 (200 ppm of calcium carbonate) and last grow with gh flora i fed 1.5 final ec for great results.

im feeding my current crop canna coco ab ( i highly recommend this over the gh in coco) and my final is 1.8

honestly growing dutch sativas you can go up to 1.8 of food in ro... i could dd that much food but why? my plants are doing great right where they are. though if im growing something like my landrace nepal ive got 1.0 ec max... people call her food senstive, i say efficient.

oh i use tap water because using ro then paying for cal mag dosent make sense to me. if your tap is decent forget ro it causes more problems than i need.

i really enjoyed kali mist in coco, far better than trying to do it in the dirt organic. since changing to coco hydro, ive had all around better sativa performance

CoCoSativas

Hay CoCo!!!

Kick booty my friend!!! That GTK sounds off the hook!! I am gonna follow this for sure!! Congratulations!!

hey buddy good to see you. i was going to mention to you reef passed me a bunch of gear to test. so you dig the sound of the gtk? im most excited for the hoa bac and big sir genetics, though im super stoked for the xd 11. im going to charge a premium for the xd 11 bud i let go, as the descriptions reef put up are super impressive

hey everyone pics going up soon. the seedlings look great, just about to transplant them. lol im adding in a dna holy grail kush i recieved recently in a trade. time for CoCo to try growing a og... im planning on running 3 cuts on my grow after this one of the holy grail. try letting one grow naural, do one on a screen (never done screens before but may try it here) and do one topped early and supercrop it. we will see what types of yield i can pull with the holy grail in coco. ive been thinking of tinkering and making a single plant aero of dwc, or getting a single gh waterfarm. id test a og in conventional hydro, see how i do. i know growing ogs organically in dirt yields horrible my buddy only hauls a zip per big bush, but hes happy with the marijuana he gets so all the power too him. i used to be fine with that happening but now that ive mastered everything else over the years i just have to master yielding a pound out of a 4x4 not my former record of 350 grams a square. yeah thats not the worst but i want to aim higher. so my goal this time is 540, but ill take 450 with a smile, im using a 600 watt after all, so im not going to cry if i dont get a massive yield.

oh ive been vaping some pink kush and i gotta say i like the taste way better, but this is stuff i buy off a street dealer so its not flushed for dick. people call this shit aaa its only triple a out of the vape, otherwise it tastes fuckd. sad what people charge top dollar for. when i retail my stuff its 200 a zip. i pay 210 for this shit. sad that i sell mine cheaper and its way better. though i preffer offloading at least a 4 pack, zips are slow and a waste of time. lol obviously im not some drug dealer kingpin, as at the moment im happy moving a qp. in the past when i lived off of growing it was different, but now im content keeping it small until i buy a mobile in a trailerpark...

im not going to lie, im planning on retailing anything off the xds at a higher pricepoint. from reefs description its going to be wild crystally stuff. people are dumb and pay more for stuff that looks wild, its a natural reaction. ill probably sell that stuff for 250 a zin and no discount n a 4 pack... people will pay a grand for a qp that looks better than anything they have ever seen.. i would possibly if i wasnt a grower and a buddy was like hey i got this crazy experimental yada yah xd11 blah blah its the best... id take a look at the very least. as a non grower how do you pass up on the best looking weed you have ever seen.... i know a couple of my buddies will be interested. ill probably let a fair amount of it go if i can get that kinda price for it. leaves me to keep more of the sir and the hoa bac.

at first ii wasnt sure about the xds but now im super excited. im hoping that stuff wil make me some extra money, i still want to build aa led soon...

CoCoSativas

new pics of the healthy strong seedlings coming. starts always boring but the goos stuff is coming.

anyone see that video halloween knockout on youtube? black kid drops this fucker who pops out of the recycle bin. thats how its done... motherfucker pops out at you so you knock him out and watch him slide in the garbage

Sounds like you guys got some crazy genetics over there. I'm a canna coco user and I'm looking forward to tagging along on this thread to see how they go.

CoCoSativas

Sounds like you guys got some crazy genetics over there. I'm a canna coco user and I'm looking forward to tagging along on this thread to see how they go.

Hey cool gad to hear that.
Thank reef for the cool genetics.

So the sirs are the 4 on the right. The hoa bacs on the left.

I use a dome with the sides cut out to hold my light. Super easy...

Xd 11 pics after im back from the store. Need a pack of cigarettes... badly. My oxy (prescription) makes me crave smoking bad. Time for some cheapies... not the super cheapos, the middle priced ones... I like them anyway.

Ive been enjoyong a tobacco pipe lately (found out glass pipes are way cleaner tasting than wood so gone are the days of my wood peterson) but Im out of pipe tobacco. Ill get more later tonight or tomorrow

Latest posts

Latest posts