What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Tree's

DJM

not sure what the drama was about while I was gone...as it was all deleted before I saw anything...but that's why professional growers don't post on icmag as much...I take time out of a busy schedule to try to help the community and people fuck it up with childish drama...thanks to the mods for cleaning it up at least

for those who are actually reading and appreciating the info...it looks like im going to be left with 35 lbs and change from the 12kw...pretty damn happy about that...as its an all time record for me

I was going to come on here today and post a bunch of pics and answer everyones questions, but ive honestly lost the desire to after signing in to the drama...maybe ill come back and put more stuff up some other time

Last edited:
B

Baron Greenback

For the weight, holy zombie shit snacks, great work. For the cropping it on your own, sterling work, that's a lot of scissoring (ooh er missus and so on).
For the douche nozzle who's giving you grief, well, it's just another keyboard warrior, shouting off, being unpleasant over things that we should all just be supportive of, it's a community you twat. People like that aren't even worth acknowledging in forums.
This whole thread has been really useful and informative, thank you for that. It would be nice to see the finished effort, if you have time of course.

jd4083

Veteran
this is a killer thread dude. please keep posting if you feel comfortable doing so, we're all learning a lot and the people who aren't -- well, fuck 'em

W

WeetisPotPie

Epic weight sir. Always good when you get more than expected. Hope you grace us with your knowledge soon. I don't use your grow style but the information in here is excellent for all levels and styles of growing. If nothing else it tells us how important it is to dial in the environment we are growing in.
Thank you,

w4tch

Wow those are some awesome results! way over the 1gpw mark. props to you DJM. keep doing your thing!

high humidity and lots of fans are the way to go. I always had bad results cloning but tried high humidity with dome and heat mat and got 100% last run!

edit: Also some shoutout to Snype for his guide!

Last edited:

BudMuncher1

Well I sure enjoyed your thread thank you for sharing. Dont pay attention to the fools and know this knowledge is much appreciated by many. Im on this path with coco also. I run 1 gallon pots and when I have the room I'll be doing this right here buddy! I was directed this way from another site and glad I did. Now I know what the next level looks like!

BetaGrow

DJM...just curious. Dunno if I missed it. Have you tried high temps, fans, etc. everything as you do it now...with average to low humidity? If so what were the results? So many talk about cannabis as a xeric plant, and the development and production of trichromes as a xeric reaction.

soopy

Veteran
Congratulations on a personal best man! That's got to feel good....I can only imagine. I'm sorry that some of these fools and childish drama has left a bad taste in your mouth, I completely understand.

Fwiw, if you stopped growing today, God forbid, you'd still out grow 95% of the growers out there...thank you for sharing your hard earned, real world knowledge and for questioning established practices and taking your own road. We could all take a lesson....

Respect.

theother

Shit just gets dumb around here so fast lately! It sucks!

DJM stellar work man, that is an incredible pull off 12k! Keeping the dream alive!

w4tch

I start them off under t5s in veg...when I put them under 1ks in veg I put the light 6 feet over them and drop it a little every day until its at a normal height..by the time they get to the flower you they are already adjusted to 1kws so they go right under them...the sooner you can adapt them to strong light and get them under it the better

my lights are about 18-24 inches from the hood, run and strain dependent..every part of the room is getting blasted with wind...I also have a bunch of fans under the canopy , pushing the cool air under it up and into the tops..this keeps hot air dissipated and even all around the room...the temps I run are based off the reading I get at the top of the closest colas

no I don't top or trim my plants in veg...I use aggressive super cropping techniques from first week of veg till flower..super cropping imo is the most efficient and easiest way to shape a plant..you can shape any plant of any strain, into any shape you want with super cropping

hope that helps, my pleasure

So you simply bend down any branch that gets taller than another until its a huge bush?

or

do you have a certain technique you like to use?

DJM

picture.php

after first row was chopped

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php