What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Tree's

RetroGrow

Veteran
thanks everyone for the love...im glad it has been appreciated..sorry I cant thank you all individually, as it would take a long time

and big thanks to the mod exploz for keeping the thread clean and on track..you are quick on the draw man, I haven't even been able to see one negative post before it disappears..and ive yet to even report one...I only hear about them from others in rep or pm...so thank you

I don't argue with people..talk is cheap, i just post proof and facts..most people that talk, don't, they just talk...id like to keep this thread going and put as much info as possible in this thread, spreading good vibes...so please, if you have something negative to contribute, keep it to yourself or pm it to me...as I assure you the post will disappear before I even see it

Just remember there are cops and DEA on this site. They will try to muck up any thread, especially a successful grower. If they are screwing with you, it means you are doing something right.

theother

yeah I break down plants into 18 inch branches, buck off all fan leaves and then hang to dry..ive tried many other ways and this is by far the easiest for one person...takes about 3 - 16 hour days to break down and 3-4 - 16 hour days to destem after drying...then I use to hand trim it all every day for a month or so, now I use an incredible dry trimming machine that will do it all in one day (30-35#) and do a better job than I can by hand ..everyone ive shown it to actually prefers the machine trim to hand trim

Super curious about this machine.

CHEFfy

DJM... are the strains you are growing inherently mold/mildew resistant or do you attribute lack of pm/mold to the environment you have created?

Heimdallr

Thanks for getting back to me. Ive personally noticed the scrubbing power is not as good with high rh. Not saying it doesnt work, but it isnt working at full potential. Each cultivar is different, maybe yours doesnt smell as much as others. As long as it works for your situation, thats all that really matters.
Keep on keeping on man.

Different brands of filters deal with high RH better. For example a Phresh filter will piss all over a Rhino/PHAT filter any day of the week in high RH.

I can't remember the exact reasoning but something to do with the pores in the carbon getting too clogged with moisture.

w4tch

I forgot to thank you for the VPD chart!

That thing is amazing and I never knew exactly how to scale the temp to rh! (had to save that chart)

Everything you say makes perfect sense.

I also find the fact that you use 50-75ppm bloom boosters interesting. A lot of people stick to the 6/9 is fine don't touch it.

I like the fact that you're constantly trying to improve in any way possible.

Thanks for the very useful information.

:tiphat:

w4tch

How should I achieve high rh while running an ac? I only need to get to around 60-65%. Right now I'm chillin around 40% (might explain part of my yield problem... )

HL45

Veteran
Adequate airflow is needed if you are running foggers or you will end up with high humidity pockets here and,there. That's where your bortrytis and pm will flourish. With proper humidity it is really hard to,get wind burn. As wind burn is really just the result of high airflow and,low humidity..

just because you have optimal humidity in by your humidistat doesn't mean your entire room,is optimal, keep that air moving..

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I wrote down all the ideal VPD green spots on an index card and posted it by all the rooms, everything has been looking and growing better than ever! I have been trying to explain it to others growers I know and they freak out thinking I'm gonna have a moldy harvest lmao

Yep.
I just jumped to seventy odd percent from 40 and my plants bounced into gear.

Freyr

This is the problem i have been dealing with here forever.

I recently added a humidifier to my room because RH was at about 35% in veg.

Since adding the humidifier…. it has brought the humidity up to about 45%.

My question is… will an actual fogger do a better job with getting that humidity up in the room then my humidifier is???

I have tried literally everything I could to bring it up but keep failing.

This thread has so much useful information, I don't even know where to start.. DJM I've been following you on Instagram since I started using it. The amount of knowledge and great information you share, has me checking your page every day and reading through all the comments. I have had my rooms unsealed for far too long. Temperatures and RH have fluctuated way too much. You make me realize I need to focus on the environment for my plants before I start worrying about what I am giving them.. You are a true inspiration to most of us. I would pay endless amounts of money to sit down with you and take a tour through your garden.. Thanks for everything you've shared man..

DH

Wow, just read every post by DJM in here. I'm thoroughly impressed as well as super stoked on all the knowledge I'm gaining, but a little intimidated.

I'm just a lowly, beginner tent grower and I feel like I need to reevaluate some parts of my plan.

I'm in the beginning stages of my first grow and I would love to minimize the trial and error as much as possible.

This grow will be soil, but I plan on switching to coco.

So, what I'm gathering here is:

-Get rid of my exhaust fan(keep the carbon filter and intake) and maintain a balanced rh and temp following the vpd

-Try my best to completely seal my tent

-Get more fans for circulation

-Be simple with nute regimen

-Fill as much space as possible with plants for better rh stability and light coverage efficiency

My first grow will be:

1 plant in a 3 gallon smart pot (roots organics soil and soul synthetics nutes)

2ftx2ftx5ft tent (homemade scrog net a la Hygrohybrid)

400w Mars II LED

4in inline fan w/carbon filter for intake(cheaper than intake filter)

Carbon filter (now without fan) for exhaust

A 4in clip on circulation fan and a 8in fan on the floor

RO filter

So, is all this looking good as long as I maintain a sealed and stable environment with proper rh/temp with lots of circulation, go light/simple with nutes, and properly train my plant?

DJM, any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated. I plan to use this grow to get my feet wet and then get my 3x3 up with coco and a high watt LED.

Sorry for butting in with my laughably small grow. I hope to eventually build a room, myself.

DJM is the man. His trees speak for them self. This thread is GOLD! So much information on here its unbelievable.
DJM for pres:woohoo:

@eldaggy