What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco Tree's

DJM

If you want to up pot a cloth bag type potter you can.

First take a bread knife and slide it around the out side of the bag. Use the back edge of the blade for the leading edge.

Second place the bag on a upside down plastic pot. The plastic pot should be slightly smaller than the bag bottom. Then fold over the cloth bags top edge. Grab the cloth bag edge and pull down.

With the bag pulled all the way down take the bread knife and slide it along the bottom of the bag to seperate the roots from the bag bottom. Again use the non blade side of the knife as the leading edge.

Good idea

DJM

Nice job. By watering 6 times a day, scrogging wall to wall, and constantly evacuating the humid air, you've turned the room into a giant swamp cooler that sucks up lamp heat by evaporative cooling. Krusty, eat your heart out.
I wonder, did it work as well when you only had one plant per light?

Thanks , you get it. Yes it worked just as well . Ive gotten as high as 2.7 pounds from 1 plant under 1 light. I run 2.5 a light now as its easier and I don't need to keep moms. I take cuts from plants the day before I flower. Very simple system

DJM

DJM.. that is what I'm talking about. Straight crushing it..

I usually try not to ask too many questions with the wealth if info on this site and this thread alone.. but I am needing some advice.

I've been running coco over pro mix for the past year and it is superior I'm just about everyway in my opinion.

However I am having trouble with one aspect, transplanting.

I hate to ask such a pro such a dumb fucking question but it is where I am struggling the most..

When I used to just stick the 1gal plants into their 5 gal I would just plop then in and then water until saturated, and would get overwatering/underoxygenated symptoms the following day.

I got a bit of improvement after I would water the 5gals before actually putting the plants in their pots, then just water the approx size if the rootball to get them going.

Most recently I moistened the coco, but not until saturated. Moist to the point where a few drops come out when you squeeze a handful. I even got the media moist of the plant to be transplanted, before transplanting.

This seems to work the best that I have tried so far..

Is there any special technique you use to get such an impressive root mass so quickly??

Appreciate you putting it all out on the table for everyone to see bro, very inspirational Shit sir.

Thank you. At transplant I water once to run off , let run off fall on the concrete . then I turn the temps and rh way up around 88f and 80% RH .then I don't water again till they are dry. And repeat that until they need more than one watering a day. Then they are put on droppers and kept moist. If you throw a transplant full of fresh coco in a cool room it will take twice as long to adapt and branch out roots. Turn up the temps and rh and they will explode. Technique is a wet dry cycle to build root mass after it is built multifeeds keep the medium moist .that's all

MIMedHead

Thanks for the killer advice I finally moved plants into my new 12kw gro, transplanted into 5 gall fabric pots and I can't believe how quick they filled out with roots with my temps at 85f 80% humidity. Insane, can't wait to start flowering built screens today gonna train for a week and probably flip asap. Can't wait been a long time coming and your advice is always nice to read. Keep killing it and I hope I'm right there with you.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Just came from my dispensary getting some bud , manager says you'll get mold if you don't let your coco dry out lol smh .... Crazy how the MANAGER is so uninformed just thought I drop that in here so you guys could have a lil laugh :tiphat:

DJM

Thanks for the killer advice I finally moved plants into my new 12kw gro, transplanted into 5 gall fabric pots and I can't believe how quick they filled out with roots with my temps at 85f 80% humidity. Insane, can't wait to start flowering built screens today gonna train for a week and probably flip asap. Can't wait been a long time coming and your advice is always nice to read. Keep killing it and I hope I'm right there with you.

glad you took the plunge and are having good results..once you see the benefits of high rh and temps, you will be dumbfounded why everyone doesn't run their rooms like that

DJM

Sweet, sweet thread man!

really enjoyed the flock thread too.... just killer... long time PPK'er here watching with mad respect!

posting b/c i wish i could tour your room (no plants lol) just to see how you seal it up so well... you've got floor beams above in some of the pics... and the original lighting disconnected but still in place...

cool to at least read about your take on room sealing techniques....

i say this because we've always had to do room in a room to get the good seal and you're obviously able to maximize useable building space and just have more room for the garden.

also when we've had to limit positive pressure when the walls of the room within a room are made of 2x4's and poly... because the poly can only take so much pressure before misbehaving so then we get into building a full wall using osb... which is better for hanging equipment and adding insulation but it's way smarter to just use the existing structure so that's why i'm curious if you have any tips that you've found work.

(its funny to post about room sealing techniques and not talk about awesome looking plants and incredible growing resutls you're getting although those speak for themselves lol)

Thank you!

thank you

the ceiling has beams ,but aside from that is totally sealed....there were crack here and there that I sealed up with that canned foam sealer...I have one layer of poly sealed to the beams and down to the concrete...then reflectix ontop of that with every seem sealed with ac foil tape...my basement has a door that's also sealed...however the room is sectioned off in the large part of the basement...,there is an open space entering into the garden area that is 7 feet wide..that I have sealed with 2 layers of poly with zipper doors and a layer of reflectix with a zipper door..every seem and crack in the room has been sealed with either canned foam or ac ducting tape, ,ocd style...I tested out how sealed it was when setting up , by disconnecting my exhaust and running the intake to see if positive pressure could be maintained, as that's really the only way to know if its sealed...when the intake ran it would expand the poly walls with zipper doors like a balloon. I agree about the poly only taking so much ..if I didn't have the exhaust ducting hooked up to displace the positive pressure, i don't see it lasting long...the most ideal way to build and seal a room is with 2x4s and obs or rmax insulation boards, hands down...that's how I always use to do it...but I would have needed like 60, 4x8' , which would have been hell to bring in the house at this location

it is more difficult to seal a room that isn't completely flat and inside another room, with boards covering everything...but I needed every sq foot of this garden and was working on a budget , so I made it work

DJM

some of the pics have roots coming out of the stem not even in rockwool =] I think thats hormone either NAA or IBA.

imo the rooted stems are a product of a high heat and rh environment and the right water to air ratio in the plug..as i only dip the bottom of the clone that is under the surface, nothing above the surface ever gets gel on it..for instance the rooted fan leaf was never touched by gel...i use nothing but clonex gel, not sure if it has the hormones you speak of...a lot of people always say my roots are a product of this fancy thing or that fancy thing, when in fact, its not, i just have it extremely dialed in...but people always want to write it off as if its due to some magic bullet and not skill set...ive gotten roots like that on several occasions using no rooting powder or gel at all...with roots above the surface just like that as well...this week when i take clones, im going to do a tray with no gel or powder and post the results, so people can stop contributing my success to hormones

DJM

Just came from my dispensary getting some bud , manager says you'll get mold if you don't let your coco dry out lol smh .... Crazy how the MANAGER is so uninformed just thought I drop that in here so you guys could have a lil laugh :tiphat:

if that was in Colorado, im not surprised...as 99.999999% of shop owners, managers, growers, bud tenders, ect ...don't know shit about growing...youd learn more from reading a high times article....every shop or grow i have toured has been the saddest most pathetic excuse for a business and grow ive ever seen in my life...3/4 of them i literally laughed out loud...they are ran by nothing but money chasing investors, not by anyone that is passionate or knowledgeable about cannabis

DJM

Seriously, how did you get those roots on those clones growing in mid air lol

a dialed technique and environment...there is no one magic secret that's going to give you those results..as they are a product of many thoroughly thought out variables all working together

Unclecrash

Don getting ready to flush a couple plant's. I was hoping to ruse some of the coco. Worried if I use phed ro water im going to screw up the cation by using the RO water. Or do I just need to add back Calmag 2 a round 250ppm's to fill what is depleted by the flush will this work or should i just start with new coco each run. Thank's UC

Unclecrash

thank you

the ceiling has beams ,but aside from that is totally sealed....there were crack here and there that I sealed up with that canned foam sealer...I have one layer of poly sealed to the beams and down to the concrete...then reflectix ontop of that with every seem sealed with ac foil tape...my basement has a door that's also sealed...however the room is sectioned off in the large part of the basement...,there is an open space entering into the garden area that is 7 feet wide..that I have sealed with 2 layers of poly with zipper doors and a layer of reflectix with a zipper door..every seem and crack in the room has been sealed with either canned foam or ac ducting tape, ,ocd style...I tested out how sealed it was when setting up , by disconnecting my exhaust and running the intake to see if positive pressure could be maintained, as that's really the only way to know if its sealed...when the intake ran it would expand the poly walls with zipper doors like a balloon. I agree about the poly only taking so much ..if I didn't have the exhaust ducting hooked up to displace the positive pressure, i don't see it lasting long...the most ideal way to build and seal a room is with 2x4s and obs or rmax insulation boards, hands down...that's how I always use to do it...but I would have needed like 60, 4x8' , which would have been hell to bring in the house at this location

it is more difficult to seal a room that isn't completely flat and inside another room, with boards covering everything...but I needed every sq foot of this garden and was working on a budget , so I made it work

LOL your room puffs up like a balloon mine with my new fan out of an old heater pulls through, and the flower room in the pic I posted will collapse on it self im sure if I was to crank the fan up to high. The wall and door starts to suck in.

wiggleworm1980

DJM, Thanks for all the great info! Im in totall agreement on your VPD numbers, shit makes a world of difference! Im getting ready to leave my comfort zone of 65watts/sqft and pull the trigger on the larger light footprints.....Are you using Hortilux? How many runs before you replace bulbs? We run a ECSD BX'd with a Nevilles Haze male bred by a former IC member.....almost identical structure to the plants you showed a few pages back. I excited to run her in a layout a little more like yours!

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
if that was in Colorado, im not surprised...as 99.999999% of shop owners, managers, growers, bud tenders, ect ...don't know shit about growing...youd learn more from reading a high times article....every shop or grow i have toured has been the saddest most pathetic excuse for a business and grow ive ever seen in my life...3/4 of them i literally laughed out loud...they are ran by nothing but money chasing investors, not by anyone that is passionate or knowledgeable about cannabis

Amen brother!!

Latest posts

Latest posts