What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco! Blumats! Seedlings! My first grow journal!

zukinjo

Yup, hazes still stretch though but I would definetly veg longer if just flowering one plant... after all it has quite a lot of space to fill :D Of course you'll get to know your strains so with time you'll know when to flip and have a nice full canopy :)

Agreed....:thank you:

Buddle

Veteran
Nice thread Monk! That thick stemmed plant has some serious hybrid vigor. Which strain is it? I'm guessing Cookie Wreck as the Gsc hybrids I made are gnarly too..lol.
Girls are looking great man..I'll be back to check on them...cheers

Nice thread Monk! That thick stemmed plant has some serious hybrid vigor. Which strain is it? I'm guessing Cookie Wreck as the Gsc hybrids I made are gnarly too..lol.
Girls are looking great man..I'll be back to check on them...cheers

Thanks! Yeah it is the Cookie wreck x ECSD, it grows like crazy!

Stretch seems to be slowing down now and the budding has definitely started :woohoo: I sure hope they don't grow a whole lot upwards anymore or I'll be tight with space...

Just a picture of some budlings on a TK x ECSD, I'm absolutely stoked about their speed and growth - I flipped the lights a day under two weeks ago!! :woohoo: The tent also reeks of gasoline and lemon peels already, I hope my carbon filter can take it :D

Attachments

• IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Hey a question for you OGs who follow my thread - do you think that I should trim the bottoms some more or is it enough as it is? The plants are around 4 feet tall and i have trimmed the bottoms up to 1-1,5 feet depending on the plant.

Day 14 from the flip, CW x ECSD :biggrin: Some of the flowers start to show first signs of frost when checking with a loupe.

Attachments

• IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 15
Do u leave them in darknes before u flip?36h?

Nope, did not. I've heard that it fastens the onset of flower but honestly never had the need + as you can see, I didn't have to wait for that long anyway :biggrin: Plus I've wondered if it affects the yield in some way. Did you?

zukinjo

I noticed that if I do it it starts to flower faster...you can gain to a week...but it's hard for me to say what it doest to the yield...maybe some of the more experienced growers will chip in...that's why we are here wright?

I noticed that if I do it it starts to flower faster...you can gain to a week...but it's hard for me to say what it doest to the yield...maybe some of the more experienced growers will chip in...that's why we are here wright?

Yep, exactly :biggrin: These seem to be quite fast flowerers anyway so I don't think the 36h darkness is needed with these strains... with a 100 day tropical sativa, sure.

Sooooo... while doing my routine checks on the plants, I noticed ALL three femmed failsafe plants had some nasty nuts to show! So, as you expect, they got the death sentence with me acting as the judge and the executioner. Shame though, as the chocolate mint OG ws looking quite frosty already, but really can't be assed to have a seeded crop thanks to a 15 gram plant. I think that the fault is at least partly mine, as they were quite rootbound - I hoped that the constant watering would offset it, but apparently the stress was big enough to cause the intersex traits to show.

Doesn't matter though, my tent is full as it is. The canopy management is getting harder every day, and I think they're up for a light defoliation this weekend.

Man these flowers smell awesome already! Sour lemon stank when I open the tent and it intensifies times ten when rubbing on a leaf or a stem... I wonder how these will reek in a few weeks :D Some pictures tomorrow I promise!

So here come the promised pictures!

First some general tent shots. As you can see, my canopy management has been utter shit this run. It was a bit expected as this was a multi strain seed run, next cycle should be better when running clones.

Attachments

• IMG_1271.JPG
    IMG_1271.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1275.JPG
    IMG_1275.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 18
And now for some budpics! These are on day 21 now!

First picture shows a topbud on a apparently Triangle Kush-dominant TK x ECSD-pheno.
Second & third pic are of the same to-be cola on Cookie Wreck x ECSD-plant, first an overall pic and then a closeup.
Fourth is a sidebud lower on a TK x ECSD-plant.

Attachments

• IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1273.JPG
    IMG_1273.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1272.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1270.JPG
    IMG_1270.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Time for some pics again :)

First one is a bud on the diesel-dominant Triangle Kush x ECSD. Very strong smelling plant and its around twice the size of all other plants, even though they were flipped the same size. Frosty too, can't wait to see how the final yield is like.

Second is a bud on a Cookie Wreck x ECSD. It's already absolutely covered in trichomes?! I don't know if it can be seen well through my shitty iphone camera but oh lord it's frosty :D

Last one is a shot of the jungle of buds that is my tent at the moment... You can see the colas one of the CW x ECSDs puts up, they're way larger than any others in the tent.

Hope you enjoyed these!

Attachments

• IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 16
whats the runoff ppm on that narrow leaf? I've seen that straight leaf slightly downward before, nute build up.

i'd check. is that bud one of the closer ones to the light?

whats the runoff ppm on that narrow leaf? I've seen that straight leaf slightly downward before, nute build up.

i'd check. is that bud one of the closer ones to the light?

Which pic? The one I just posted? Or the post before that?

If talking about the pic I just posted, I wouldn't worry about it - I'd guess the slight downward is because it presses against the tent wall which caves in due to negative pressure. The bud itself is quite far from the light as it's on the very edge of the tent. Will check runoff nevertheless though, can never be too sure :D

Last edited:
Hey Monk. Good show man! You had some early on contributions from some IC Rock Stars. Then they stopped dropping by for some reason. Anyways... I just read the entire thread and will stay tuned.

Question... how are the Blumats coming along? Anymore runaways? I have a few 12 packs of Blumats gathering dust in my garage. They're coming out today! I'm going with a setup pretty much like EZ Rider's from way back in the thread.

You find any more hermies in the CV genetics? I've been eyeing their gear and may pull the trigger on some of their regs... I don't do fems. Anyways...

Keep on keeping on my friend.

LH