What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Co2 Extraction a reality!!!

I'm not holding my breath lol
Oh? What about an unspecified prize offered by the ultra-illustrious Skunk Pharm Research Industries LLC Incorporated Est 1895 do you find to lack credibility? Seems no different than the offer to bring CO2 to the masses by the original poster. Some guy pretending to be a business and pretending that makes his oil better than others'.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh? What about an unspecified prize offered by the ultra-illustrious Skunk Pharm Research Industries LLC Incorporated Est 1895 do you find to lack credibility? Seems no different than the offer to bring CO2 to the masses by the original poster. Some guy pretending to be a business and pretending that makes his oil better than others'.

Interesting that I didn't find reference to your Skunk Pharm Researh, LLC, established in 1895 when I did the name search, but the one established in 2011 is a matter of public record, so obviously you have again spoken harshly without doing your research.

We don't pretend, we just do the best we can. We are neither the best, nor the worst, but as we are not in the business of supplying oil, the issue is moot.

hammalamma

Veteran
You need to get over yourself bud. This section of ICMAG belongs to Gray Wolf. This guy has helped more people on this site than you have ever talked shit to in your pathetic resemblance of a life. Never once has he said his oil is better than others. I also have never herd him talk about co2 extracted oil as a reality. Don't even lower your selves to this things level just ignore it, it will get itself banned soon enough.

schwilly

i just skimmed but this thread confuses the hell out of me.

what i gather is that effective co2 reaction is not a reality despite what some shady figures claim and butane oil producers are highly defensive about a potentially superior product entering the market?

is this right?

hammalamma

Veteran

what i gather is that effective co2 reaction is not a reality despite what some shady figures claim and butane oil producers are highly defensive about a potentially superior product entering the market?

is this right?

CO2 extraction is real, just not for concentrating marijuana. I also doubt that it would be superior, for the fact that co2 extraction is very selective on what you grab. The pressure and temp needs to be set accordingly. Here is some interesting reading
http://www.uic.edu/labs/trl/1.OnlineMaterials/SCEinFoodTechnology.pdf

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

is this right?

There is no reason that CO2 extraction won't work that I'm aware of, but we are still waiting for someone to post pictures.

It is expensive equipment, and return on the investment questionable, so folks haven't been lining up to do so.

As far as quality, most of us are waiting for the proof of the pudding to decide, but the reports haven't been enthusiastic so far.

PS: I'm following a thread on another private forum that may well bear fruit. I'll share more if it continues to progress.

Last edited:

Rickys bong

Veteran
Schwilly, CO2 extraction of cannabis has been done before but the problem is that this person posted pictures of a supposed system and then posted a bunch of bullshit technical specs that didn't jive at all.

There's no mystery that supercritical CO2 can be used to extract the oils from weed, but doing it on large scale exclusively for a relatively small market is going to be met with a LOT of scepticism.

Nobody is afraid of a "superior" CO2 extracted product entering the market, it's just that in reality it can't be done at a cost that is realistic. The extract would have to be sold at a price that is several times the cost of current extracts to break even, never mind make a profit.
The definition of a better product is highly open to interpretation as well, depending on who you ask. Do you want a better high or a better medical product....

There seems to be some perception that supercritical CO2 can be "tuned" to extract only specific cannabinoids which I find impossible to believe. If that were true GW Pharma would be using it to extract only the CBD from plants while leaving everything else behind...
I've yet to see any reference to how this could be achieved.

A couple of curious points to the original post though, when this was first posted they had started a Google site which has now disappeared.
The source of the equipment in the pics is also interesting, Tineye and Google image search don't find those images anywhere else (that's easily found anyway)

Peace, RB

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a picture submitted by others on another private forum, as his initial results. Does it look like anything any of ya'll CO2 extract users have been buying at the dispensaries?

Given the volatility of the subject, I'll wait until he has developed his process and is ready to repel boarders, before encouraging him to share here.

In the interim, I will wait with bait on my breath myself, cause I seriously would like to see some good solid process information on the subject.

Attachments

• Co2 SCFE.jpg
    Co2 SCFE.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 13

KiefSweat

Veteran
this is the marketing photo of a company here that claims to sell co2 extract.
swac.oil.JPG

Honey Oil has been tested at approximately 120mg of active Cannabinoids per .3g.
Saw test results too, only 40% thc.
I noticed that yesterday at the disp. Some of the oils that where more "goo" like barley testest over 50% while the waxes where 60-66% or so.

ithruxix

In Petaluma CA, there is a brewing company with a dog on the front. They have a beer that is called HOP STOOPID.

Hops happens to be the only relative to MJ. Now, what is cool about this company is that they are extracting the oils from the hops via co2 extraction.

Here is the description on the bottle:

“Clean this mess up or else we’ll all end up in jail… those test tubes and the scale… just get’em outta here…” He was referring to the complex super-critical-CO2 hop extraction equipment set up on the table in the lab across from the brewhouse. Hop extracts are fort he BIG brewers, he thought — suitable only for crummy sub-standard industrial lagers, not the subtle and elegant craft beer made here. But wrong he was. The New Brewer does not eschew any possible inputs. In the case the extract will replace the mountains of hop vegetative material in the kettle thus creating cleaner hop flavors and preventing the otherwise spinach-like mess of a kettle full of super-hopped wort from clogging up a pump or worse. The sensuous honey-like amber ooze was administered intravenously to the wort kettle and the sacrament was complete. Another kettle of Hop Stoopid is once again raised up and fermented on high.

Notice it says 'sensuous honey-like amber ooze' ... Tell me, what does that remind you of?

Somebody has to know SOMEONE who works there, right? lol ... or am I loling?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is the marketing photo of a company here that claims to sell co2 extract.
swac.oil.JPG

Saw test results too, only 40% thc.
I noticed that yesterday at the disp. Some of the oils that where more "goo" like barley testest over 50% while the waxes where 60-66% or so.

Clearly a shift toward the red from my picture.

I wonder whether they were using fresh or cured material? I've noticed that BHO from fresh frozen is more yellow than BHO from the same material after it is dried.

I've also noted that an QWISO is redder than a QWET, and QWAT (acetone) is redder still. Each appears to be extracting something slightly different, so I also wonder if there is a difference in co-solvents used?

The "supposed" CO2 oil from bong-a-thon was a very clean oil with no hint of a solvent that I could detect. It was very earthy and lacking in terpenes giving it a bland taste. I didn't care for the taste nor the effects.
bong-a-thong?????

what is that??? a bunch of peeps hangin' around in thongs, smokin' bongs???

oh, oh,....... bong-a-thon!!!

but seriously, keifsweat, is that really hash oil?

Last edited:

KiefSweat

Veteran
it is, one of the larger companies in town

sorry that picture was from the newspaper review.

here's another shot from a different one

co2-honey-oil-2.jpg

schwilly

Interesting thanks for the responses.

I am fairly unschooled in oils and could tell from the posts in this thread that there had to be a reason people seem to be so defensive about all this.

And that shit does look like ketchup.

Latest posts

Latest posts