What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Co2 Extraction a reality!!!

whereisbrianV.

Hello all,

Here is the largest sub-critical Co2 extraction machine operating. This is a machine a decade in the making, and millions of dollars in R&D. It has found a home in Colorado and is ready to make the finest extracts in the world.

The process vessel above is 15 cubic ft with a capacity of 40 lbs of dried plant matter.

The pump and filter really set this machine apart. That is a 35 horse power pump that can move 200 gals is Co2 in 20secs. When that much flow is match to a deep fiber filter you get sub-micron filtration. This cleans the extract of insoluble partials a increases the shelve life of the extract.

A 90 gal still with a 360 gal/hr distillation rate makes this machine a monster. This allows for the large loads with over 2000 grams of extract for each load.

All of this controlled by ABB PLC which gives the level of control to make the process safe and customizable. We can select the solvent power of the Co2 to make extracts that have select group of Cannabinoids, or a wide array of Cannabinoids.

<<<<<<<edited due to terms of use violation>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mugenbao

Pics or it didn't happen :D

Seriously, though... I don't see any pictures, though the post seems to indicate that they should be there.

whereisbrianV.

Build tutorial?

No one should attempt to build a high pressure machine with out ASME tested vessels and a team of engineers. You could kill yourself and others with one mistake, best case you will bust your eardrums not good odds for the loner winging it.

Even with the most reputable builders we still had problems with getting quality work. The pressures and stress put on the machine are extreme. Parts have to be tested to 3000psi and gaskets and valves are made of Teflon. Even with these over-engineered parts there are failures regularly. We spend more time testing and repairing the machine than running it, truly a labor of love.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
wow that's freaking awesome! so glad people are out there with the finances and interest to take on such projects. would love to see a series of pics of this thing in action, or even just some pics of the end results :bongsmi:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice looking maching bro! I like the gun breach loading port and the welded tubing!

I Googled Critical Labs Co and couldn't find them. Do you have a link where I could learn more about them?

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
walt? that you?

lol

shits insane.... human beings blow my fucking mind...i wish there were more go-getters out there in our country like yourself...

Last edited:

kcjnz

What dispensary are you working with or distributing your products through? CO MMJ patient here and would love to track down your work.

J

juicepuddle

no end product pics, so basically a huge machine picture. This is like every other thread about c02, never end product pics. And even when you show them whos to say its not just some nice BHO. Why are threads like this always so mysterious? lol

All of this controlled by ABB PLC which gives the level of control to make the process safe and customizable. We can select the solvent power of the Co2 to make extracts that have select group of Cannabinoids, or a wide array of Cannabinoids.

<<<<<<<edited due to terms of use violation>>>>>>

sure would like to know how this is done. and how do they determine what combinations to use for what symptoms?

right now i am doing strain specific oils in effort to do what you are suggesting here.

you would need a long shelf life for that quantity of oil made to counter specific symptoms. my batches are much smaller yielding up to 52 grams from quality flowers weighing 240 grams.

hard to beat skunk pharm butane recovery extraction, done under vacuum. co2 would be the way to do it though. it is just such an expensive and time consuming process.

edit: due to error in yield. gave total formulation weight in error. my yield with top flowers was 22.2% on that run.

M

MacGyver420

we need some pics of the final product or this thread is not even 1/2 as cool