What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning with JJScorpio

joaquin386

I made my clones (5) about 1 week and 2 days ago and I can't see them progressing (no roots can be seen on the bottom of the rockwool). I stuck one internode with about one inch of stem on the rockwool (with rootech hormones) and gave it 18/6. I suppose that is enough isn't it?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's only been nine days. Just leave them alone and keep the moisture and temp right and give them another week or so......

joaquin386

JJScorpio one question. In some of my clones the roots are about my small finger lenght should I put them already into soil or wait for a little longer until they appear at the bottom of the rockwool. I know these because they are appearing in the stem above the rockwool.

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your roots are that big go ahead and put them into the soil. Remember to barely have the soil damp for a couple days to get the roots growing......Water it lightly with a little fertized water....

G

Learning Curve

Learning Curve

JJ:

Over these many years I have learned much, Thanks 2U and a couple other Clone Wizards my success rate is near perfect.

The pic shows 54 healthy keepers out of 56 cuttings and 4 mother HK's. After the photo was taken the Mothers were moved to the veg room and the t5's lowered. Rapid Rooter starts, rooted and placed in #4 Soil Mix in beer cups, bottoms drilled for drainage.

Respects,

TyStik :wave: :jump:

Thank you jjscorpio!
very good info! i had some very bad results trying to clone my sd mother, 10 of 10 died:( then i found your little bit of heaven and as of today i'm 18 for 20:) i am totally in love with growing and thanks to this website and expert growers like yourself i'm able to give back to my plants as much joy as they bring me!! thanks to you and all others who take the time to help us new guys :bow:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
budleydoright said:
Well that is a point we disagree...

I have a cloning thread in this forum....

I use pure fine vermiculite.... and my clones root faster than any other method Ive tried and most certainly pure verm has less oxygen in the root zone than perl and verm...

Heres 9 days...

NINE DAYS?! Come on. That kind of root growth would take at LEAST NINE days if you didn't have to go through the rooting process. You have a link to your thread?

G

I have a few clones 7 days in peat pellets, with a humidity dome. Havent showed roots yet, but there still green, I didnt use any hormone.

I just started removing the dome for a few hours, and they start to drop. is this due to low humidity? I spray them then put the dome back on. they perk back up afterwards. Is this good to do?

Illadelph

This is probably a stupid question, but what methods of sterilization are acceptable for razor blades and scissors before they are used for cutting? Rubbing Alcohol? Hydrogen Peroxide? Boiling Water? Open Flame?

I've been wondering for so long, and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's a new razor blade I just use it fresh out of the package. If it's used, I dip it in alcohol and then wash it off with soap and water. To be 100 percent sure it's probably best to sterilize any of them before use......

GrassRoots

Just wanted to say thanks for the tutorial JJ. Before I found success with your method I failed with a bubble cloner and had minimal success with greatfulheads super cheap mass cloner method in perlite. I'm currently finishing up my 3rd grow and 9 days after taking cuts to prepare for my 4th grow I had roots good enough for transplanting on 22 out of 32 of them and now today (10 days after taking the cuts) Another 5 have roots that will be good enough for transplanting tomorrow. Thanks again, it really is as easy as you make it look.

GrassRoots

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're welcome and it's good to hear it is working out well for you. It seems once you get that first successful group to root it only gets easier.....

MoleMcHenry

I wanted to post a big hearty thank you to JJ Scorpio and the other posters in this thread for helping me get nearly 100 percent success my last two rounds of cloning. Before using this method I tried bubble cloning and cloning in plain water, and this is by far the best, and easiest.

I use a prop tray, heating mat, humidity dome, rapid rooters, and perlite, and after about 2 weeks, I have thick white roots popping out, like these:

Thanks to this thread I can maintain a perpetual sog and not be a slave to seed plants! Not that there's anything wrong with that... :laughing:

ExEcutioner

JJScorpio said:
Thank god for that. I was thinking of PM,ing you to see what had happened. Next time they might root in 10 days. I think they sense when you are stressing, lol....
JJ i def think you are right, strangely enough

joaquin386

My clones have rooted and I transplanted them to an 400 HPS light after having them in fluoros for 1 month (here they didn't grow much) but when I put them on a 12/12 light they seem not to grow fast enough and they started to show already female plants.

Anything wrong?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you transplanted them, did you soak the soil or just dampen it for the first week or so to let the roots develop?

joaquin386

hmmmm dont really remember but I think that after I saw root coming out from the rockwool I transplant them into soil and put some water on the soil.

Then I suppose they will stay small plants even at 12/12 HPS.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should get a stretch in the plants the first few weeks of flowering.

Make sure to let the plants dry out between waterings.

LAL

Great thread man...

Ive got 20 DSD cuts in my propogator, theyve been in there for seven days and have wilted a bit but the stems are still standing tall.. but, i broke my light, trying to adjust the height and i dropped it and smashed the bulb... theyve been on the windowsill for the last few days, and seem ok ish...

question is.. will they be able root in natural sunshine and should it be filtered.. ie not direct sunlight...

cheers.