What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning with JJScorpio

Swifty McShiest

i must say thank you to everyone!....im a new breeder just started out with a white rhino clone ive grouwn out to be a nice sized madre, lol this thread is PERFECT, and you all have been helpful BEYOND belief....so once again thank you...i plan on posting pix once its allowed for me, due to me being new to the site n' all

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I just cloned a 1cm bud, calyxes and all! It took a while but finally it sent out roots and is putting out those weird re-veg single leaflet leaves. All I did was pluck a little bud off a plant being harvested and stuck it in a peat puck with a little dip of hormone, then I buried the puck flush in a vegging plants pot and forgot about it lol. I was surprised that a 1cm bud would take, just goes to show how easy it is to take cuttings from cannabis.

Deft

Veteran
Swifty McShiest said:
anyway i can see some pics kid? it sounds cool
Yea I took some pics the other day with the intention of uploading them but I couldn't find my cable but I think I saw it recently, gonna go check and try to upload if I find it.

Edit: Heres the pic, this is as close as I could get the cam to focus, you can see the weird re vegged leaves and now the healthy vegetative leaves above those, you might be able to pick out some calyxes and bud leaves near the soil. Its still got trichs lol.

10418016-med.JPG

Last edited:

Rabies

cloning

cloning

Im not even going to try and pretend i know the perfect way to clone in fact when i decide to try i'll hafta ask for folks help. but i notice everyones got their own method.. so i'll cross that bridge when i get to it. :joint:

Deft

Veteran
Its super easy dude, basically just snip, dip, and stick it in dirt. Set it down somewhere at room temp with a little light and normal humidity and you should have good success.

This is a very easy plant to root compared with some others I have tried. Christmas cactus is the only one that was really easier for me but I used much larger cuttings.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just make sure the grooves in the bottom are filled with water. You don't want to put so much that the plugs draw water though.......

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The idea is to keep just enough water in the bottom to keep the humidity level high. Thats why the grooves are in the bottom.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is sounds like they are beginning to rot. Are they getting soft and mushy feeling? Have they been soaked the entire time? It's best just to mist them lightly but keep the dome sprayed. If they are constantly soaked they will get soft and rot.

Some strains are more susceptible to rot than others. If they have rotted, next batch only mist the dome and not the clones.

JJScorpio....great thread dude....I have 20 plants right now which looks really funny because i have a garden thats 2feet deep,6x6 feet...so Im looking kinda empty for now.I just transplanted everything so Im going to wait 2 weeks or so and let them adjust to their new digs [I hope they bush out now ].After a period of time determined by their health...I want to clone as many females as I can so I can fill my garden proper.Anyway...your "how to" was great!!!!!

THANK YOU

BDD

Thanks for the information JJ! i was wondering what was going with my PK cutts, i was misting way 2much lol...Im not new to growing but cloning i am this thread has deff helped me big time, thanks bro!

JJScorpio said:
Is sounds like they are beginning to rot. Are they getting soft and mushy feeling? Have they been soaked the entire time? It's best just to mist them lightly but keep the dome sprayed. If they are constantly soaked they will get soft and rot.

Some strains are more susceptible to rot than others. If they have rotted, next batch only mist the dome and not the clones.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's great to hear it helped you. If you have any problems don't be afraid to ask questions.....

DigiWeed

Hi JJScorpio, great thread, I've learnt alot.

I'm a complete newb and about to start my first grow. NGB style Cabinet is almost complete and other bits on order.
My question is, I have a fluorescent tube already and was wondering, in your opinion, if it would be suitable to use above a cloning doom.

It has an 18 watt 3000k white fluorescent T8 tube 2' long

I tried pasting the URL, but get an error message advising I can't put URL's in my message.

Does keeping the diffuser on make any difference or should I remove it?
Or is this batten not suitable at all?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think 18 watts is being pretty slim on light spread out over a 2 ft area but would probablu suffice for cloning. Make sure after they root to get them a little more light.