What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning GG#4

Spaventa

Veteran
i double up cuts when i load & turn it into a 50 site unit

Ive put 3 in a disc before :)

Ive thought about cutting a piece or Corex the size of the top and just punching small holes just big enough to poke cuts through and then just cutting the thing up to get them out when ready... no baskets, no discs - You could put loads in. The Corex sheet is like 20p ($jackshit)

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Ive put 3 in a disc before :)

Ive thought about cutting a piece or Corex the size of the top and just punching small holes just big enough to poke cuts through and then just cutting the thing up to get them out when ready... no baskets, no discs - You could put loads in. The Corex sheet is like 20p ($jackshit)

thats how i used to do it :tiphat:

but i cut circles into a piece of corex and then pit little discs over cut holes ,,could pull them out individually then and replace with new ones without disturbing anything

hazyfontazy

Veteran
out of those choices I would go root riot they work well but you need to keep temp at 78 to 80 and they must stay damp.

I would build a areocloner, I built mine under $100.

ive done the aero cloning ,loved it ,i made 1 capable of 100 plus clones out of a rubbermaid tub cost me 30 $ at most including the pump and airsnakes ,,i was amazed at the speed but i was in no hurry so just went back to pots of medium or cubes :)

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use an ez cloner.
Had the damn thing 8 years and never got it to work. A friend had it for a few years,
no dice, I loaned it out to another friend,
same results.
Quite frustrating.
Then one day my buddy calls me up and says come over. I get there and he shows me the ez humming along full of rooted cuts.
LINK
He had read that thread. So I told him get his cuts the hell out of my cloner, and I took it home.

All gg#4 cuts. And if you look close you can see they are doubled up in the pucks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I don't keep it as clean as some folks do. But it works every time now. And I like to take big cuts :biggrin:
Sorry to hear some are having troubles. Hope this post helps a few out. :smoke out:

Last edited:

~star~crash~

I'm aborting my glue run ... over 2 weeks and nothing ...once again very disappointed...it takes months to cultivate a large mom, i've done this twice already ... 1st time i lost the mom to russets/broads/ this time (second time) i think it's just a weak mom, she's big , but tired i guess and won't throw no matter what ... she's done and i'm culling her ...

Americangrower

Veteran
I'm aborting my glue run ... over 2 weeks and nothing ...once again very disappointed...it takes months to cultivate a large mom, i've done this twice already ... 1st time i lost the mom to russets/broads/ this time (second time) i think it's just a weak mom, she's big , but tired i guess and won't throw no matter what ... she's done and i'm culling her ...

Do you have a backup clone of her?

Americangrower

Veteran
I would try feeding her for 2 weeks, good amount of Grow, with a touch of Bloom, Alaskan fish and a root simulator. Spray her daily with fish n grow. Then try again.
For aero I use 8 gal of water 25ml Bloom, a touch of root stim, Hygrozime (or equivalent) 1/4 cap of superthrive and a teaspoon of rooting powder (mix in bottle of H2O 1st) and leave on 24/7

hazyfontazy

Veteran

never give up ,,3rd time lucky :tiphat:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
i was gifted the clone a few weeks ago ,,veg growth has been very good ,,today i took a test clone ,,took from down low ,snipped it off, cut with razor dipped in clonex (2 years out of date) straight into a fibre pot filled with clean coco ,,0.8 e.c ph 5.6 ..updates to follow :tiphat:

Earlmarne

I don't have any aspect of my garden squared away.
I got one cut that performs well for me on my only 2 indoor runs. Recently grabbed some gg crosses. Played hell with rooting cuts in hempys, aero, and Rockwool. Finally gave up n threw all the mom's in the flower room. Took a few cuts of each before to sit in cups of water while I contemplate wtf to try my last ditch effort.
Decided to start a ppk build and copyed d9s wick cloner. Tossed em all in there. Checked a few days ago n all but 2 have roots galore. I think that's like 10 days. Very jacked to be able to run through them all again.
Problem here is I changed a few things. I mixed mutes in the water, started shutting lights down 4 hours a day and using this wick cloner. So I can't say what was key to success

hazyfontazy

Veteran
i was gifted the clone a few weeks ago ,,veg growth has been very good ,,today i took a test clone ,,took from down low ,snipped it off, cut with razor dipped in clonex (2 years out of date) straight into a fibre pot filled with clean coco ,,0.8 e.c ph 5.6 ..updates to follow :tiphat:

9 days and rooted :dance013:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
nah ... she was not in good shape ,something off about her ...congratulations on your rooted cuts!

my gg mum was in good health ,,,,
i did have 1 of the bubblegum seed plants go all horrible and i used
Dr repair by cyco nutrients
and boy oh boy does that stuff work quick ,,what was a horrible looking plant literally picked up over night and is now flourishing ,cut was taken off it and rooted no problem

hopefully u can sort your mother :huggg:

Latest posts

Latest posts