What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning GG#4

Americangrower

Veteran
Ok I have taken clones in veg and in early flower , both will root no problem. Depending on the strain some will go right back to veg others will not. Perfect example is the Deadhead OG I have I took some extra clones off her at 7 to 10 days of flower. They rooted no problem but wouldn't veg at all under 24/7 light. After 2 weeks I said fok it and threw them outside.

~star~crash~

i can report another failed run of glue clones for me to brag about >>> over 2 weeks in the cloner and not a nub...out the door and in the trash they go!!... it's ok i'm culling my tired old mother plant.... moving on to a fresh new verified cut ASAP to start once again

Americangrower

Veteran
Ok I am running a test..I just cut 5 GG clones yesterday. Going to see how long and percentage I get. All I did was 45 cut scrap dip in powder and in homemade areocloner. Water has just a lil bloom and hygrozyme, no idea of water temp because I don't really care but lets say its warm since it runs 24/7. Light is 24/7 2ft florescent

Test complete 5 of 5 this is day 7
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i can report another failed run of glue clones for me to brag about >>> over 2 weeks in the cloner and not a nub...out the door and in the trash they go!!... it's ok i'm culling my tired old mother plant.... moving on to a fresh new verified cut ASAP to start once again

If your cloner is not absolutely sterile you are asking for trouble.

I've had issues w my EZ cloner for a couple years until I ran a sterilization process.

Due to my tap water not having Chlorine in it by the time it reaches my faucet, I must sterilize every time.

I haven't used rooter plugs in a long time & those were about 50/50 for me in all previous attempts.

mack 10

Veteran
go with what you know.

there some nice roots for 7 days.

bet your warm temps helped massively.

if they get any cold temps they stall pretty bad.

Ph
Mother health
Temperature
Vapor pressure / rel humidity
Genetics

I basically gave up trying to clone herb May-Aug, unless in a shot glass of tap water (only tech that works for me in summer) I had success with gg4 bagseed but now is my 1st gg4 cut to try n root. Staying posted.

~star~crash~

If your cloner is not absolutely sterile you are asking for trouble.

I've had issues w my EZ cloner for a couple years until I ran a sterilization process.

Due to my tap water not having Chlorine in it by the time it reaches my faucet, I must sterilize every time.

I haven't used rooter plugs in a long time & those were about 50/50 for me in all previous attempts.

it's hardly that ... i put in other fresh cuts from different strains in the same machine & they all rooted within 5 days...

billb

Veteran
The sour dubb is the hardest to me. Out of 8 cuts of gg4 I got 7 that rooted within 9 days. Good roots

Americangrower

Veteran
dunno which method to use now ,,straight into a pot ,,into a jiffy ,into water or a root riot :(

out of those choices I would go root riot they work well but you need to keep temp at 78 to 80 and they must stay damp.

I would build a areocloner, I built mine under $100.

Latest posts

Latest posts