What's new

Cloning Failing? Tried Everything? Found the missing link?

not to be too rude, but thats the silliest way of starting a thread EVER!
this thread is supposed to help people get clones to root right? so you are going to teach everyone how to do it? but people who have good success at cloning should not offer input, because this thread isn't for them...

lol.

IAWTP

L

LumpStatus

Trying to figure this out. You stated originally to use non pH buffered calcium hypochlorite. However the picture that you posted is of ph buffered calcium hypochlorite. I'm finding that almost all of the pool shock is ph buffered, does it really matter? What brand are you guys using and having success?

S

swisscheese

I'm going to give this a shot and dust off my ez cloners again herb. What are your thoughts on the poster above mine and their concerns?

Rabbi

K so first time around I had mixed results but was much better than before adding the chlorine. Second time around I upped the dosage and the temperature(room) and boom, off a running now.

Big thx herb this is a lifesaver for me.

L

LumpStatus

K so first time around I had mixed results but was much better than before adding the chlorine. Second time around I upped the dosage and the temperature(room) and boom, off a running now.

Big thx herb this is a lifesaver for me.

I've noticed a higher dose is necessary too. I'm using bobs brew which is the same as clear res which should be the same as cal hypo mixture. If I keep using it I'll make the cheap mix. Anyway, I have found double does every 2-3 days works but the BEST thing I've found is dosing EVERYDAY at the original recommended dose of 1 oz per 5gal

I do believe that clear res and bobs brew have ADDITIONAL ingredients than just hypochlorus acid and water though...based on the original watermax ingredients.

Rabbi

I've noticed a higher dose is necessary too. I'm using bobs brew which is the same as clear res which should be the same as cal hypo mixture. If I keep using it I'll make the cheap mix. Anyway, I have found double does every 2-3 days works but the BEST thing I've found is dosing EVERYDAY at the original recommended dose of 1 oz per 5gal.

I doubled down as well but interesting about the daily dosing. Might have to give that a try sometime but things are finally running super smooth with the 2 - 3 day right now so not in a big hurry to change it up. Good info though.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So i cant find the HTH stuff
My local home depot has a shock treatment product by 'pool time' m

On the label it says 'do not mix w calcium hypochlorite''....

Label also says its got 48.6% available chlorine....

And its not the 'super shock' just standard shock...

Its cheap $4 ill buy it but does the op or others using the pool shock treatment think its safe/good to use? If not i can just return it not too big a deal...
Or should i just try to find the hth stuff?

Thanks yall

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So went to wallyworld
Found the hth shock n swim
Stoked...
Totally different than the other stuff ingredient wise.
Ill add it and if any issues pop up ill be sure to let yall know.
Im anticipating sweet success

Im wondering... Since the chlorine sanatizes the water does the tank really ever need to be changed?

Not that im lazy but i like ti work smarter not harder
But i do like work too haha

Last edited:
L

LumpStatus

I never changed my water.... just added nutrients to it when everything was rooted. But most people wouldn't do that, normal people would transplant them out of the cloner into something else. But I'm not exactly normal.

But as you know greyskull, I found daily dosing at 1oz per 5 gal instead of every 3 days worked better for me. Some cuts had white bumps in 5-6 days and rooted well by 10. After dozens of failed attempts

Experiment a little...maybe every 3 days works for you.

Btw I have done it with ro water and tap successfully. Clonex clone gel or ez clone gel (same thing but green instead of purple) works great

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo lump

hey thanks again for the link you sent me man
i went with the hth becasue shipping to HI is... HI hahahaha
im looking forward to easy peezy cloning again though for sure.
i suck in blocks and rooters.
just remember to turn the ez on after you turn it off to inspect and youre golden hahaha
soo youre adding nutes huh? i know the technique they grow w hydroponic speeds that way gettum big before the move i like that style!!!!!

so then adding some silica blast & kln to the rez w the chlorine too shouldnt be an issue you think?

Last edited:

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
just remember to turn the ez on after you turn it off to inspect and youre golden hahaha

I put my cloners on a "one minute on, five minutes off" cycling timer. Didn't make a noticeable difference in rooting, but the five minute off period is really handy when it comes time to lift the lid and see how things are going down under. No need to depend on short term memory to turn the thing back on.

But maybe I'm the only one here with short term memory issues? :biggrin:

S

swisscheese

I put my cloners on a "one minute on, five minutes off" cycling timer. Didn't make a noticeable difference in rooting, but the five minute off period is really handy when it comes time to lift the lid and see how things are going down under. No need to depend on short term memory to turn the thing back on.

But maybe I'm the only one here with short term memory issues? :biggrin:

I'm getting mine on a timer too because I've lost big EZ Cloners full of babies because I forgot to turn the sucker back on. I'm about to go work on my short term memory loss now, hope I don't forget about the timer.:smokeit:

supermanlives

Veteran
i gave my aero cloner away damnit. always had crappy results. in soil i do great. pool shock huh . off to build a test cloner lol

L

LumpStatus

The one min on 5 off works great to keep res temps lower. They make cycle timers preset at 1 on 4 off that are fairly cheap.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ALRIGHTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 days and roots are starting form like a motherfucker.
even where the collar wraps around the cut.... big fat nubs forming.
and no slime. with water temps 79-82!!!!!!!!
i missed successful ez cloning.
THANK YOU FOR THE POOL SHOCK TIP

ive been adding 1oz of shock-mix daily as a preventative and along with the kln & silica blast i should be a clone making machine once again.

I am going to try the shock-mix in my oxyclone 20 also and see if the slime is banished there, too. I hope so..... then i'd have 50 sites of clonation on automatic

hopefully giving me time to learn how to clone in rockwool too hahahahahaha
more clones the better right hahahahaha

Latest posts

Latest posts